Old 10-19-2015, 06:02 PM   #1  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Default New to this board with questions!

Hey, everyone

I am NOT new to the forums. Hehe I have been struggling with my weight for years, but recently, my hubby is having blood pressure issues and his doc wants him to drop weight or get gastric sleeve surgery. So, I decided that the low carb/higher fat route is the best way for us to go together. At least, we're gonna try it for a month and see how we do. I figured asking some questions might help us all

1. What things have helped you on your journey thus far?
2. Staple foods that you keep around to help you with cravings/stay on track?
3. Favorite recipes?
4. Make ahead foods/recipes that are easy to grab and go?

Good luck to everybody
Jennie527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:49 PM   #2  

Hi!

1. If you want to try low carb for a month then I would suggest trying Whole30 program. Have you heard about it? I'm on it right now (Day 19) and I'm feeling really good. I don't know about weight loss yet though (you're not supposed to weigh yourself during the 30 days). It's a nicely packaged program so it's easy to follow and a good kick-off for weight loss!
2. Bananas for smoothies and fresh pineapple
3. Different types of salads especially a chicken salad with feta cheese, sundried tomatoes, nuts and olives.
4. I always have salads for lunch - they are so easy to prepare beforehand and it's very easy to add healthy fats to your salads without adding carbs.
Weightever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/180/145

Height: 5'4

Hello, I'm so happy that you decided to support your hubby and do the journey altogether, I've been on the low carb diet for 2 months now and it has worked miracles for me as I already lost 21 pounds. I suggest that you always have some nuts nearby for those crazy craving, also drink lots of water or unsweetened tea, I'm from Mexico so here we have this flower de JAMAICA I think you call it hibiscus or something in other regions and you can have that without sugar it helps you for water retention you go to the restroom a lot but your kidney function improves a lot and helps you lose weight and fat and you simply feel better.

I hope I helped and pardon my English :P

Last edited by r.levine; 10-21-2015 at 04:57 PM.
r.levine is offline   Reply With Quote