South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 12:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/194/175

Default Tantalizing Tuesday 10/13

Hi, everyone! How are you? It's not quite Tuesday here, but I know it is already Tuesday for some of you East Coast ladies. I was so excited to get to the forum today and see so many familiar, friendly faces. It's almost like a step into the past for me.

I decided to jump in again because I am 6 months in to losing the baby weight for the second time, and I'm having trouble with a stubborn plateau right now. I need some fresh inspiration and motivation! I am NOT necessarily following SB, but just maintaining good eating principles, and have lost 24 pounds so far.

I am glad to see so many of you are doing well! , Linda, Ruth, Tammy, Beth, Lexxiss, Jekel, Pearl, and anyone I missed!!

I hope you all have a great day. Just to let you know, I usually use the speak to text feature on my phone to post things to forums, because it's hard to type with a baby on your lap, so please excuse any typos that I missed in editing.

Last edited by KimStar1of4; 10-13-2015 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:45 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Kim! It's great to hear from you and congratulations on your baby and your weightloss, so far! I hope you chime in often and that you are able to break your plateau!

I've been doing paperwork all morning. Uck! Everything done so I'm going to head down and enjoy some coffee! Work at 530. Yesterday was busy and I'm hoping for another good day. A fun surprise yesterday. I was running like crazy and it kept crossing my mind that a woman looked familiar in another section. Finally I slowed down and realized it was a family from our church in Glenwood. She was thinking the same thing, too, but it's odd when you see a familiar face in a totally unfamiliar place. Ends up they've been stopping since 1999. It was the first place they had a meal in Colorado when they moved flew into Denver with intent to retire in Glenwood. We had a nice visit and they said they will try to stop in more often.

Ok, coffee rules! Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-13-2015, 06:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, and what a delightful surprise to see KimStar here and starting off our Tuesday chat! It's so good to hear from you and congratulations on your new baby! We've missed you and hope to see more of your posts!
Old 10-13-2015, 06:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Debbie, how cool to run into friends from your church while you were shopping. Enjoy your coffee!

I'm glad I went over to the farm yesterday. It was pretty busy, but I got a lot done so I won't be overwhelmed today. I must do up more peppers when I get home from work today. I'm having trouble keeping up with them!

Looking like rain today.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:02 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Linda! Even though you had to go into work yesterday it's nice to be a little caught up! I have pepper into you today! I'm wondering how much longer you'll have them producing. My friend stop by the restaurant to eat, which was why it was so special! One other time someone has come in from church not knowing I worked there in the six years I've been there.

OK. Coffee is lovely but must move to smoothie soon!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-13-2015 at 07:03 AM.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:06 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Kim! What a nice surprise this morning. I hope this means we will see a little of you (and maybe some baby pictures ) Glad to hear all is well.

Debbie - What a nice surprise

Cottage - The shorter days have slowed almost all of my plants, but the silly peppers keep setting flowers. I don't have the heart to pick them, have to love that optimism. I just saw the forecast and I think this weekend will be the end for us. I don't think will cover this late in the season.

The new doc seems competent (of course so did the old one in the beginning). We made an appointment for 12/23, perfect time to get a lot of healing done without taking time off. hope this surgery is the end of this thing.

Well, it's back to work for me. Hope your Tuesday is a breeze.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Kim, so glad to see you again! I fully expect to see new pictures - I loved when you showed them last time, your baby was beautiful!

Debbie - what a nice surprise!

Linda - hopefully work won't truly be too crazy today for you!

My phone just made a funny noise - oops, forgot to renew it (again), I'm on pay as you go. LOL...you think I'd remember?! (or do auto renew!) I was going to do grocery shopping today, but did it yesterday (DD was making cookies, which are exceptionally yummy darned it, and needed powdered sugar for frosting....). Now I have no errands, but try to get out of the house daily. What to do, what to do? I am hoping to hear from the neurologist soon...

Enjoy your coffee and day!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:14 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another in office day today and nothing on the agenda. The scale was nice and moved down again, just reinforces the good eating

Kim so glad to see you on here. Congratulations on your new baby.

Debbie that is a nice surprise. I know what you mean about seeing people out of context. I saw my ob/gyn doc at the apple picking and had to think twice about how I knew her.

Cottage glad your peppers are still producing

Cyndi hope the kids are calm after having some extra time off

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:17 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Kim!!!! So great to see you! A nice start for a coolish, drizzly day!

Debbie and Linda, I hope your days go as planned. Mine too, of course. Sally and I are going to the Town Hall at 9 to do some odds and ends to get it ready for a meeting of the NDP election candidate tonight. She's having an "open house" to push for their votes next Monday. Election fever is rife around here but I have already voted and feel calm about it. It'll all be over this time next week.

Right now I have the first load of laundry on the go and a whole chicken plus some odds and ends of veggies simmering. I guess I'm in fall mode because I cleaned out the freezer yesterday and am thinking fall lunches and dinners. I've frozen the remains of the pulled pork in the silicone muffin pan so I can pop out single servings to zap in the micro. I bet that's taste great in a black bean soup!

Two slightly damp dogs are pushing for lap time so I'll refresh my coffee and give them some - on top of a blanket on my lap.

Enjoy tantalizing Tuesday - you never know what may happen!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:18 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! Cyndi, Tammy and Rose popped in while I was writing. Wishing a Tantalizing Tuesday to you all!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:51 AM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Kim. Congratulations. How old is the baby and is it a boy or girl.

Debbie. That was a pleasant surprise recognizing a church friend. Hope your day is profitable.

Linda. May your day be easy and the peppers be done with.

Tammy hope you can do some5hing to enjoy your day.

Ruth. So waiting for this election to be over with. So big decisions to be made.

Cyndi. Its nice to have a date for your procedure.happy preserving.

Pearlrose. Congratulations on the scale success.

Had a great time with all of my family here for thanksgiving. My dd had my 3 year old tested for allergies and he is allergic to mustard. The dr. stressed the importance of taking this seriously. It might be a rash but one time it might turn out to be life threatening. There was an incident about 2 weeks ago where a 1st year university student died from a food allergy her family never knew she had.
I was suppose to drive up to a friends place in niagara region to get some pears for preserving. She has 3 Bartlett trees but I feel a cold coming on so maybe in a couple of days.
take care
sophie
Old 10-13-2015, 08:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Kim - Double congrats!

Debbie - Isn't it funny to see a face out of context

Linda - The only thing we still have from our tiny "deck" garden is a lonely pepper.

Cyndi - Glad the doc appointment went well and also crossing my fingers for you.

Tammy - Hope you hear soon. I used to try to get out of the house everyday but now can go days without surfacing. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad!

Rose - Kudos on your eating.

Ruth - I cleaned out the freezer yesterday too. Took advantage of DH being gone to toss things in today's trash pick up.

Sophie - Haven't heard of a mustard allergy before. Hope you get to enjoy the pears.

Today is my mom's 80th birthday. She is a very young 80!! My SIL and I are going to take her to lunch to give her the little gift we made. I had all the kids (and spouses) and grandkids take photos of them holding up a letter to spell out birthday greetings. I think she'll love it.

DH is back at his mom's until Wednesday evening and I discovered this morning that I left the garage door open all night after putting out the trash cans, usually his job. Eek - it was a bit of a freak out moment.

Have a great day.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:37 AM   #13  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Mustard is on the 10 top allergies in Canada. It is very common in France and Mediterranean countries
Old 10-13-2015, 09:14 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

A late good morning to all. Spent the last two days cuddled under a blanket in the couch and only ventured out for groceries. DS had to bring them in for me. I do feel much better today as my fever broke last night or I had a major hot flash lol. I am going to the dr before work. I think I need an antibiotic.

Sophie food allergies can be so scary. A girl I went to college with died from eating a hamburger while on winter break. She had a peanut allergy. Unbeknownst to her the restaurant used peanut oil on their grill. A guy I work with son also is allergic to peanuts. Studies have found with peanuts it is the protein that causes the allergy. His son went though this series of reintroducing the protein slowly to build immunity. His maintenance requires two peanut M&M's daily. His son hates them! He doesn't even like peanuts after all of that lol. Can't be too careful.

Sorry no time to catch up on personals. I need to motivate myself to go to the dr and work. Have a great day
Old 10-13-2015, 09:20 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 218/194/175

Good morning, everyone! Thank you so much for the warm welcome back. As you can see, I had to start a new profile, so I'm not allowed to post pictures yet. As soon as I can, I will post pics of my beautiful babes. Leilani is already 4, can you believe it? She is gorgeous and bubbly and bouncy and full of life, with a dash of sass and stubbornness on the side. Canaan Michael is our sweet little new edition. He is the most smiley, active baby I've ever seen. I also use the term "little" loosely, as he isn't even 6 months old yet and is in 12 month clothing.

Tuesday mornings are rush in this house as Tuesdays and Thursdays are the two days a week I work, teaching 2 year olds at a parents day out program. This is my first big test after re committing, as my usual habit is to buy a soda and a candy bar when my kids go down for a nap. I've packed plenty of healthy snacks to try and get me over the hump and have a pot of pumpkin coffee ready to go when I get home so I'll have the caffeine boost to look forward to.

I hope you all have a great day!
Closed Thread