South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 06:58 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Finally Friday- Daily Chat 10/9

Wait! I'm the only one up and at 'em?? How did that happen?

Who needs coffee?
Old 10-09-2015, 06:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF SBD Chat, 10/9

Good morning.

I've been sitting here for the past several minutes, trying to come up with a clever title for today's chat, and hoping someone else would beat me to it.
Anyway, that's the best I can come up with this morning. My head is stuffy and my nose is drippy and I think I'm going to zone out all day. TGIF so I don't have to think about calling in sick today.

How's your day looking?
Old 10-09-2015, 07:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ah, there you are! Beth, you did beat me to it!
Old 10-09-2015, 07:02 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, sleepy chicks.

I have a kid-free day today; we have staff development instead. (We always have one in either October or November and it is usually linked to either Columbus Day or Veteran's Day. Makes a nice break for the kids)

We have pouring rain today, I am glad that I made my walking a priority the last 2 days. I hope some of the leaves survive the wind and rain since I was hoping to go take in the foliage again this weekend.

I've got to run; TGIF, chicks!
Old 10-09-2015, 07:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks. I thought it was Saturday! I'm off to the gym this morning then work this afternoon. DH is away for a weekend with some old friends so I am going to watch a chick flick DVD tonight and catch up on some chick TV. My cold turned the corner and I feel SO much better. I actually made myself chicken soup yesterday which didn't turn out nearly as good as what my mom makes. So today I'll be making chicken salad with the meat.

Have a great day.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:23 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Up since 5:30 and awake since 3:00, not happy about that. I've got some catching up to do. We are back from three lovely days at the coast. I only bring my phone so don't get online except to post pics. I'll be catching up this afternoon Now off to work after I wake the dog (she is not going to be happy about this!). Three day weekend ahead, just have to get through today.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:38 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Beth and Linda. I just woke up - third day in a row with a good solid sleep.

Beth, we have rain in the forecast for today but the weekend looks great! It's Thanksgiving Weekend here (Monday) and folks will be prepping for the Canadian Turkey Day.

Linda, sounds like your dratted cold has really settled in. I hope you can plan a restful weekend and shake it by Monday.

I forgot Michelle was booked for cleaning yesterday while I was supposed to be in S.C. The car was in the lane but she thought I'd taken the limo to the airport. She sure was shocked when she opened the door and I was here, although her greeting from the dogs gave her a large hint. She did her usual great cleaning job and also did a major cleanup on the front porch getting it ready for winter! I sure lucked into getting that young woman.

The Hyper Pypers called last night and are coming up on Saturday to hike Foley Mountain and then come here for dinner. No door-frame chewing dogs! I am hoping there is time for Glen to put up my blinds in the back room - I don't know how much insulating value Venetian blinds have but they will make the room feel more cozy. I am planning crockpot pulled pork and cabbage salad and Margo is bringing apple crisp - a nice fall dinner. I'm looking forward to seeing them all.

Have a good Friday I wish you could all join me for Thanksgiving Weekend - it's going to be lovely.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning this week was long! Took today and tomorrow off. Going to an open house with DS at SUNY Canton. It is over 5 hours from here so we will do most of the trip this afternoon. My work week was spent in meetings and fielding work drama lol. I am so incredibly happy to be home catching up with the chicks.

Ruth I loved the mill photos. Thank you for sharing.
Linda, Karen and Ruth I hope your colds pass quickly
Karen enjoy your chick flicks
Tammy hope you had a nice lunch and tea with your friends.

Today I must pay bills, ride indoors, pack snacks and clothes. Tomorrow will a long day with the open house and ride home.

Enjoy the long weekend
Old 10-09-2015, 07:46 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Friday, Cyndi and Karen. Glad your cold turned the corner, Karen - mine seems to be just lurking around.

Cyndi, sounds like a nice break on the coast. Where exactly is the coast? I'm pretty sure there isn't one in Vermont but I've been wrong before - I was married twice!
Old 10-09-2015, 08:53 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick fly by for me busy day as today is our award luncheons so have to get a lot ready for it and go pick up the luncheon etc etc.

For those with colds I hope you start to feeling better soon.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-09-2015, 10:59 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

So my friend and I spent the entire day at the hospital yesterday and her chemotherapy didn't start because they wanted more testing after some blood work results. Oh well. Disappointing for her because she had really geared her mind up to start. So, has I lay in bed early this morning I decided that I would travel today and get some of my things done here on the east side since chemo is sure to start next week. It was a nice drive and now I'm sitting here in the overwhelm mode thinking where do I start. I will just start. I am going to catch my noon meeting in Denver and would like to get my snow tires put on but I can't call to make an appointment until 10. The pups stayed over there which will make it easier for me to get things accomplished here and head back over early Wednesday morning.

Happy Friday everyone! I had to sit on the porch and really figure out what day it was today.
Closed Thread