Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-05-2015, 09:31 AM   #1  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

Height: 5'8"

Default Bones!

So now that I'm into a normal BMI (upper end), I've been noticing more bones showing through my skin. It's kind of an odd experience. Collar bone, wrist bones, the delicate bones in my hands and feet, vertebrae, hip bones. Like, my elbow is pointy! Weird!

Nothing is jutting out too far, and I am likely the only person who notices, but it's still strange. I'm used to having all this padding on my skeleton, so some exercise and yoga moves are poky (bow pose! I'm glad my mat is thick).

Not sure what to think about it. Am I lacking in muscle definition? Is this just a normal thing for thin people to experience?
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 130/108/104

Height: 5'3

Totally normal when you get to a slimmer state. Of course building lean muscle will help you from looking too skeletal.
chubbysmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:20 PM   #3  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

Good to know. I have been working out, but not lifting - want to do it, just need to find the time. Demanding kids, etc.

Is it stupid to miss that cushioning a bit? I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

i can sympathise! if i sit on a non cushioned chair i get a sore tailbone and hips - smaller butt = no more comfy sitting
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:51 PM   #5  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

This is normal but can be corrected later with weight training and a proper, healthy diet. I got very boney with my loss and my butt would hurt sitting on chairs. It still does if I sit on walls. But my ex-wife also noticed when she hugged me.

But with some weight training and eating more and more healthily I have been able to maintain and build muscle which has helped a lot. I am definitely more pleasant to cuddle.

Last edited by IanG; 10-05-2015 at 09:52 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 193/131/125

Height: 5'5"

I must have just lost some weight in my forearms because I can feel the arm bone a lot more in just the past few days. It's funny, I keep losing weight in places where I didn't think I was fat before - the other day I looked in the mirror and thought "oh my neck looks proper skinny!" But I'd never in my life thought my neck (or forearm) was fat.

I also hit the point where my spine hurts sitting in a certain way in hard chairs. Un-fun.
ladyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/124/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechyl View Post
i can sympathise! if i sit on a non cushioned chair i get a sore tailbone and hips - smaller butt = no more comfy sitting
I notice it the most on the toilet or using the rowing machine. Literal PITA!
CrabNebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:47 PM   #8  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Isn't it fun, though? The only time in my life I was a clinically normal weight, I adored seeing more bones and even tendons. I had never even felt my hipbones before that. My weight was still near the top of normal; I have no idea what it would be like to be actually thin and have all those bones... I'd love to find out, though!
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote