Old 10-03-2015, 08:11 AM   #1  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Wink 300+ Chat Thread October 2015

Hi Guys and Gals,

Its been 3 days since Oct. started and there wasnt a new thread made yet so I thought I would make us a new one. Anyone is welcomed to join our thread.

To go back to the Sept. Thread Click on this link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-...er-2015-a.html

Last edited by Terra1984; 10-03-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Morning Everyone!

I can't even wrap my head around the fact that it is October already!! I actually posted twice in the September thread after it was already October lol. One was a big post so I won't repost it here since I'm posting from my phone today.

We got a ton of wind and rain last night. Luckily where I am we haven't had any flooding in my neighborhood. Sometimes the road leading to my neighborhood will flood when it rains bad so I'll just have to see what is going on when I go out later today. Last night I went to the gym and for the first time I did no cardio, just weights. I did upper body for a whole hour. I feel sore today but I have gotten to where I like it when I feel sore...It means my body is changing for the better I also am trying to use the glute press every time I go in there even if it isn't leg day. My derriere is starting to sag and become flat so I really want to work on that. I've been pushing so hard this week I hope I end up seeing good results with either my measurements or scale.

I've been reading about carb cycling the past couple days and I think I want to get where I try it, but I feel like I need to do more research on it and get a good game plan going. It seems like you have to plan your meals specifically for a certain caloric intake..but also fats, protein and carbs. On low carb days you focus mainly on eating tons of protein while still keeping your fat on the low side and on high carb days you focus on high carb and high protein. What I've been reading is you want to do high carb days when you'll be training hard at the gym, like on leg day. There is also wiggle room for a cheat day but I am wanting to get the rest of this weight off of me so bad I don't think I could take a cheat day for now.

Also with all of this I want to structure my workouts a little better than I have before. I want to start focusing on weights a lot more to where I work a different muscle group every day and mix in some cardio. I don't think it had been beneficial for me to do a straight cardio day on certain days of the week so I'm thinking some days I'll do only weights and some days I'll do cardio and weights. I need to change it up some so my body doesn't get used to routine, and I think that will help. I will be having a lot of time this weekend at home and I think besides cleaning and organizing my house that so desperately needs to be done I'm going to look up different weight routines online and get them going in a book I can bring with me to the gym.

I just had a nice breakfast...eggs and bacon and a half of a sweet potato with cinnamon. I am on a huge sweet potato kick recently...I guess I am in the fall spirit lol...excuse my while I sip my awesome DD Pumpkin Spice coffee.... Have a great day everyone!!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:25 AM   #3  
Turning Into A New Woman

Sam ~ You can copy and paste your posts the Sept. thread to this one, Just an idea, I dont know how easy it is to do from your phone though. I use a desk top computer when I use the internet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good Morning Everyone,

I got up for the day at 6:00 a.m. Its now almost 8 a.m. We are gonna go to Dillions to do some shopping at 9 a.m. I'm not sure what else we are gonna do today. I do know I need to work out sometime today and fold and put away my clean clothes and get my dirty clothes ready to be washed. I sure wish our laundry room was upstairs I feel sorry for Scott and my mom when they always have to go take my clothes down stairs and bring them back up. I wish our laundry room was up stairs to I could do my own laundry. Well anyway I hope everyone has an awesome On Plan day today. Take Care All.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Another quick check in, my current course is killing he combined with my full teaching load....

Haven't lost but haven't gained and now it's A week off from weigh in.

Hope you all are doing great!
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:40 PM   #5  

Terra Thanks. I just decided not to post it in here lol...too lazy haha

Time Maintaining is part of the battle too...Good job on that...I know it can be tough when there is a lot going on around you.

Today was my weigh in...I lost 3.8 pounds this week! My last weigh in I had gained to 219, this week I weighed in at 215.2! I may actually make this goal if I keep truckin with full force! Today I made home made turkey sausage patties with baked eggs and sweet potato hash for breakfast. I ended up having to snack here and there for the rest of the day because DH and I had to leave home due to the flooding. We are on the second floor of our apartment so it wasn't bad but at the beginning of the neighborhood it was flooding and we weren't sure if we stayed we might not be able to get out tomorrow when he would need to go to his doctor in the morning. So we are staying with my grandma tonight. He's making us chicken and steak fajitas. I'll be having mine salad style. Other than that just been hanging around. We almost didn't make it out the neighborhood so needless to say I probably won't be going to work tomorrow, or the gym which stinks. But I may be able to get away with doing something inside.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!!
Old 10-04-2015, 07:08 PM   #6  

Hope everyone is doing well! I also cannot believe it is October. Time sure is flying...

Terra - Good luck with the chores. I just finished laundry. Really wanted to do it this morning to get it out of the way, but the two machines that we have in my apartment building are almost always taken in the mornings/afternoons (every time I seem to check, anyway).

T4M2C - I echo Sam's comments...good job on maintaining. It is definitely hard when you have a lot going on. By the way, where in Canada are you from? Pretty cool that you're teaching in Egypt. Must be a great experience.

Sam - Congrats on the awesome loss! Sorry to hear about the flooding. That must suck. I am sure you will figure out something to do inside that can get your heart rate up.

My update:

So lots happened in September. I was formally promoted to manager, moved in to my own office at work, blood pressure is now normal since starting the medicine a few weeks ago, and I finished off the month with ~21 more pounds lost (close to 80 pounds down now).

My friends all know I am losing weight but I never really took their compliments at full value (since I figure they're just being encouraging)...but I now know the weight loss is actually noticeable. The other day a cashier at the grocery store I always go to said that I am smaller every time she sees me and that I must have lost close to 100 pounds now. I was flattered but didn't quite know what to say as I was caught so off guard, LOL.

October is also going to be a blur and over before I know it. It's our professional development month at work, the second part of my course starts this month, I'm coordinating a volunteer day for our office, and recruiting has to wrap up as well. There are literally like 3 days in the entire month where my calendar is not jam-packed (including weekends).

On that note...I'll be flying down to Toronto twice for work PD. I don't really like flying all that much (for obvious reasons) and we will be using Porter instead of Air Canada. I've never flown Porter so am a bit nervous because I don't know what the seats are like. I've also never flown with coworkers (always kind of got lucky in the sense that my previous work trips were always just me flying). At least it is a short flight though (about an hour in the air). I assume we will also be walking the new underwater tunnel that connects the island we land on to the main land...that's about a 6 minute walk. Glad I'm way more fit than I used to be...wouldn't have wanted to do that walk with coworkers 80 pounds ago.

I also ended up picking up a new fall jacket today as it's getting much colder out and I realized my old one was way too big/bulky. It's a size smaller than I used to wear (pic below):

And...finally...expensive weekend for me. Jeep ended up needing significant repairs this weekend (stupid potholes cost me almost $2,000...good thing I keep an emergency fund!). I actually walked home from the garage and back to pick up my jeep. It took me about 15 minutes each way. Before I would have just called a cab. So much has changed over the past 4 months.
emilyFIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:15 PM   #7  
Turning Into A New Woman

Sam ~ Yeah I can be lazy sometimes too so I totally understand.

Emily ~ Never having the laundry room free has to be frustrating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 3:25 a.m. Its now 10:30 a.m. I went to bed at 6:30 last night cause I was so tired yesterday and I dont know why I was so tired cause I wore my c-pap mask the night before last. Oh well though. I hope everyone have a great Monday. Take Care Everyone.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Emily
I am from Ontario, just outside Toronto (Brampton).

Sam
I am sorry to hear about the flooding! I hope that clears up soon and doesn't hinder too much more for everyone.

Terra
I hear you about stairs. I work in a 4 flight school and live in a 2.5 floor walk up, no elevators anywhere. My mum also wishes our laundry room was upstairs and not in the basement. Should be mandatory lol

I fully agree, maintaining is awesome for me right now as stress and a less restrictive diet kicked in. I am though trying to get ahead in my course with some time off this week and next, and now that the temperature is less oppressive I will start my workout routine. I honestly had more than a few days at work where I thought I might pass out, my classroom AC barely works. I decided not to exert myself when I felt like that.

I am also skipping travelling this year (other than home for Christmas) and will be booking an awesome holiday to Disney land Paris for next year, if I can lose a significant weight (not sure if I will go in the fall or spring, so my exact number is not decided yet). I talked about it with my mum and the idea of staying at a nicer resort and really earning the trip she supported as a great idea.

Hope you all have a great day!
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:08 AM   #9  
Turning Into A New Woman

Time4me2change ~ Yeah all laundry rooms should be up stairs and it should be mandatory I agree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Woke up at 6:45 a.m. Its now 8:05 a.m. Scott and I need to start watching for our bus at 8:15 a.m. We will get back home at 11 or 11:30 a.m. I'm gonna cook my lunch when we get home this morning. I'm gonna work out to my new work out dvd "Zumba for Beginners" after I eat my lunch and thats all I'm gonna do today. Take Care Everybody.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:17 AM   #10  

Emily Wow! Congrats on 80 lbs down!! That is wonderful!! It always makes me happy when a complete stranger you see off and on tells you that you look great. Only a couple of my clients know about my weight loss but before I told them they would say it all the time...It is a good feeling when you get a compliment that isn't someone in your family...That's when you can get a real idea that you weight loss is showing. Sounds like you are going to be really busy with work but don't let it hinder you....You are doing amazing! The flooding in my neighborhood wasn't too bad so I was able to get out this morning and come to work :-|

Time Thanks! This has been the worst flooding we have ever had here...It has affecting people all across the state. Luckily where I live wasn't hit too bad but there were other places around me that got hit pretty bad. I'm back to work today so I'm sure the phone calls will be flooding in at some point since I am an insurance agent. This is going to be a fun day LOL...The Disney trip sounds like it would be so much fun!!! Glad the weather is getting better for you now. Just take it all one step at a time, you're doing great so far!

Well like I said I'm back to work today. So far the phone isn't ringing off the hook so I hope that is a sign that most of my clients are safe and haven't experienced any flood damage. A lot of our customers declined the coverage so I really don't want to be the person to tell them they aren't covered if they call but I guess it's part of the job. Being cooped up inside wasn't fun. But I decided to take it as time to rest. I never get time to actually rest so I took advantage of it even though I should have done some sort of exercise. Tonight DH and I will be heading back to the gym so I'll be sure to get a good work out in to make up for my time off.

Hope everyone has a great day! Be well my friends!
Old 10-07-2015, 09:26 AM   #11  

GOOD MORNING FIT FAM!!!!

Can you tell how great I feel today?!?!?!?!

The sun is finally peaking out here today...We do have some flood risks that could still cause a lot of damage in my town, luckily not where I am located though. It's nice to see the sun out and it is a nice cool 57* F this morning. I can't wait until it stays cool like that for good

As far as work goes, yesterday was super slow...I take that as a good sign that my clients haven't experienced any flood damage. Right now we can't submit any new insurance policies at all...So basically this week is going to be a catch up week for us I think. The only down side to that is I am SUPER caught up on all of my work. I'm literally doing work for December lol...That is a good thing but also makes me more apt to slack a bit. Yesterday I spent most of the day surfing the net. I have a few things that have to get done today but I think the majority of the day will be like it was yesterday.

On the diet front I am doing fantastic! I have begun to up my protein intake as much as I can. I think that is helping my energy levels. I've switched from eating 1 egg and 2 egg whites to 4 egg whites in the morning. I actually don't mind it much, I add hot sauce to it otherwise it may be a little harder to eat. I just wish those cartons of egg whites only weren't so expensive. I looked at Sam's last night and they didn't have any in bulk I could buy so maybe I'll see what I can find online, or just wait for a deal and buy them up lol...Yesterday DH and I made it to the gym after not going for 3 days due to the weather. I talked him into doing weights first and then cardio if we wanted to. He got so worn out from the weights that he didn't ant to do cardio, which is fine with me. I am trying to start focusing more on weight lifting and minimizing my cardio. I think if I keep this up I may just make my goal for this year . I haven't gone completely 100% carb cycling yet, I still have to figure out how to do that for me...I've gotten a lot of the basics to where I actually understand it now but it is going to be a slow process. Right now I'm just focusing on increasing my protein and when I eat carbs I eat healthy ones. I also need to work this week on getting a good structure for my work outs. With the slow time at work I think I can work on that a bit since DH gets mad when I'm on my phone doing research at night...He thinks I'm just Facebooking lol...Once I get that all taken care of I'm going to keep it in a notebook then maybe log the workouts in the notebook. I put all of my training in MFP but maybe having it in writing in a book will be easier to look back at.

It's been quiet here lately...I hope everyone is ok...I am really missing my friends here....Ubee Betsy Fi ETC....I hope their absence isn't a sign that they have fallen off the wagon ....

Anyway hope everyone else is having a great day!!! Stay strong....Kill your workouts and push through the craziness with eating....It is SO hard....Especially when you get a bad craving....But I promise you guys you CAN do this....I tell myself all the time I have no idea how I have done this...I really don't...But I am proud, I did it by myself, for myself and I think that is half the battle...Take care all....One love!
Old 10-08-2015, 08:37 AM   #12  

Ok where is everyone!?!?!?!?!?!

Hoping everyone is well and staying on plan....We are getting closer to the holidays which is going to make things even harder for us to stay true to our plans...Stay strong everyone!! We can do this!!! I know we all get caught up in our busy lives and forget to post but please remember how useful this tool is to be able to connect with people all across the globe that are in the same boat as you....The support here is so great, I don't think I could have made it as far as I have without this group...So thank you guys!!!

Had a great chest workout yesterday...Did almost break my arm attempting to do one new exercise I wanted to try...My arms/chest just aren't strong enough yet. One day at a time though. I've been working on structuring my workouts this week...I've got a good list going of exercises to train each major part of my muscles each day. Today I'll be doing ab/core training. I bought a notebook yesterday on my way home to get everything put down in there and then track my workouts to see how it helps me improve over time and look back to see where I've been.

My energy levels have been through the roof this week! I think it's due to the extra protein I've been eating. I actually went over my protein goal for the day yesterday! What a plus!!! This weekend I'm going to get back to basics and plan my meals ahead of time. I still plan on what I'm going to eat but I haven't been batch cooking things recently. I think that is going to help me structure my plan make sure I'm getting the most amount of protein I can get plus maybe get into doing the carb cycling like I wanted to try.

Well back to work for this gal! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-08-2015, 09:09 AM   #13  
Turning Into A New Woman

Hey Everyone,

I woke up at 5:00 a.m. but I sure didnt want to get up but I can only have 9 hours of sleep at the most. Its now 8:00 a.m. I dont have to start watching for my bus until 10 a.m. so I have 2 more hours to get caught up on my t.v shows. Today I have cooking class and Music and Movement class. I'm gonna start doing Music and Movement class for 2 hours starting today and every Thursday after today. We're having Chicken and Noodles on Mashed Potatoes with a side of Canned Carrots. I'm not sure what I'm gonna have for dinner tonight, I'm thinking about Spaghetti with sauce and Hamburger meat. I hope everyone has a great On Plan day.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:29 PM   #14  

Afternoon all!

Just checking in quickly. Still seems quiet in here...This week is still going well. I had to take an unscheduled rest day yesterday. I was just so exhausted and I think that is because I've been doing weights a lot more than usual. I'm working so hard and I just needed to rest. Tonight DH and I are going though. I'm thinking about either abs or back/shoulders. Those are my only two muscle groups left to train this week. Eating is still going great. Getting my protein in. I feel my TOM coming soon so who knows what next week will bring.

Getting stuff together this weekend for my friend's upcoming baby shower that I am hosting. DH and I are going to Goodwill to get more pants. Mine are just way too big for me now. I need something else. My friend who is pregnant is having a birthday party in the park for her son's 2nd birthday on Sunday so I'll be attending that. Then I'm off Monday so DH and I will have some quality time together

Have a great weekend all!
Old 10-09-2015, 02:54 PM   #15  
Turning Into A New Woman

Sam ~ Congrats having to buy smaller pants, Have fun at the birthday party and baby shower. Yeah I dont know where everyone else is, Hopefully they check in soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Been having a good day today. I'm looking forward to trying out my new Zumba DVD for beginners. I cleaned the bathroom. I'm about to go do the dishes. I have to pull off all of the tabs on the pop cans and then put the cans in a bag and throw them over the gate to the back yard. I pull of the pop tabs for ronald mcdonald Charities. My mom and I are taking one of my friend's to go get her car license today. We also need to go pick up Scott's med's but we will probably do that after 2 p.m. tomorrow. I'm gonna start going to school 3 days a week for now on starting Monday. Monday I'll have cooking class(Healthier food hopefully) Wed. we have DA4A Lunch and Bingo and then Thursday I have Music and Movement class. I'll have to pay more for my bus passes but thats okay I'll already budgeted for it for next month and for Dec. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday. Take Care All.