Old 09-30-2015, 10:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default Oct Newbies 2013- Happy Anniversary!

A month of celebration and determination! We are all in this together
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Happy anniversary to all of us!! Wow, 2 years! Time flies when you're gettin' healthy!
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:51 PM   #3  

Congratulations you guys
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:06 PM   #4  

Thanks Amber!

So, I was going through my mail bins, and ran across my before and after pictures. OYE!!! I was in such denial about how I looked 2 years ago. Good reminder, because I never want to go back!

Another thought- today I tried on a blazer in my closet. It fit but felt tight in the arms (fit fine in the spring ) I felt so fat- fat like in my before picture. Then, I looked at the tag-size 6. How is it possible that I can see the size and still feel as heavy as in the beginning? It is just 5 pounds, not 80!
Old 10-02-2015, 04:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

:bravo :

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LADIES!

I feel the same way when my clothes are snug and think I've gained it all back when only it's a few. I had a top that was getting snug in the arms but the I realized it's cuz my biceps and triceps have gotten more developed this year

Got 2 off this week doing IP for 2 meals plus shake for snack. Will keep going for 5lbs more
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:52 PM   #6  

Yay, Jenny -2 pounds!

Jenny, wish it was muscle, lol!

Just made a yummy dinner, 3 different color cauliflower rice, Savoy cabbage, mushrooms, chicken, garlic, olive oil and soy sauce. Delish!!!
Old 10-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #7  

Sometimes I try to tell myself that I've put on more muscle in my hips & thighs and that's the reason I can't get my 'happy place' jeans on... but I know the real reason, lol. Unfortunately not the same as Jenny's situation :/
I know it's mainly in my mind but sometimes I think "Woman, you are HAWT!" when I check the back view in the mirror, and sometimes (even within a day or two) it's like, "Oh my goodness... people walking behind you must think they are following a Clydesdale!" That's the day I wear a floaty tunic and long drapey sweater, hahaha.

Dinner sounds yummy Slip! Congrats, Jenny!

Liana
Old 10-04-2015, 10:11 AM   #8  

So yesterday, we went on a road trip to Kittery, Maine. I dove up and back (about 3 hours each way). We ended up at dinner in this very nice restaurant in Portsmouth, NH. Man, I forgot how hard it can be to follow Phase 1 in a fancy restaurant! I ordered the seared tuna app. Small! bites of tuna served with plain purple cabbage. For dinner, a burger-no bun with mushrooms and an egg on top. Side salad too. Did not eat the whole burger, to keep the protein within range. It was a hard task to find something that worked! Thankfully, the waitress was very helpful.

Also, picked up some low carb bread and a date/apricot bread at this wonderful bread shop in York, Maine. Came home and put it right in the freezer. It has me dreaming of Phase 3 breakfasts

Oh Liana, a Clydesdale! I have a new image for my fluffy days,lol!
Old 10-05-2015, 06:58 PM   #9  

I think, quite often, the fancier the restaurant the more they are used to 'customization' by their clients... Good work Slip!
Good news here... despite a glass & a half of good wine and 100g of Toblerone as well as some white cheddar popcorn I am down to 135 this afternoon. Anyhow, time to be a bit more serious with my eating today. So only 3 lbs to my happy place, and I am back to wearing a few more pairs of jeans that I couldn't zip up a little while ago without severe muffintop.

Your laugh for the day.... "Yes, I still take the same size I wore in high school..."

Liana
Old 10-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #10  

What on earth was that person thinking?!! Lol

Liana, your little splurge sounds wonderful! Glad that the scale is cooperating

Good day here. So tired tonight. Hopefully an early night tonight. We have def. hit fall temps here, brr. No, in the middle temps lately.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:26 PM   #11  

Height: 5'2

Happy Anniversary October Newbies!

October 20 is my official anniversary date. What an awesome 2 years it has been. I finally feel for the first time in my life that I have this under control!

I attended an Ideal Protein Super Weekend on Saturday and Sunday. It's a conference for IP coaches/owners/providers. Wow, information overload. It was great though. Wish there was something like that for dieters to attend.

It sounds like everyone is doing well with their reboots. Keep it going!

We are approaching Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. Hubby and I are heading to my parents' place in BC. I'm looking forward to it but a little nervous about all the food. It's temporary and fixable but I find I get grumpy when I am faced with poor food situations. Anyone else get the same way?

S.
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:11 PM   #12  

Steph congratulations (a little early) - 2 years is a huge statistical success. The 2 year and 5 year mark are my two big maintenance goals.
I don't get grumpy in poor food situations, I get anxious and on edge. I'm getting more and more at ease though, and I am coming closer to what you describe, which is knowing these situations are temporary and fixable. I just know when I'm eating out or eating other people's food it's often (though not always) laden with added/hidden sugars and salts and I'm going to pay for it one way or another.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 10-07-2015 at 12:13 AM.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:21 PM   #13  

Hi all,

I feel that way when I fear that going off my plan, is going to mess with my groove. Right now, I am almost at the end of my reboot. Right in time, to have out of town guests, special surprise weekend away with my female family members for my 50th birthday and a birthday dinner with friends the following weekend. 50 is once in a lifetime and I am going to focus on your temporary and flexible statement.

Steph, your weekend sounded cool! Anything good coming our way? New foods?

Pretty stressful day at work. Why is it that adults are the hardest part of my job?
Food was great, working on my water now. Hope all of you had a great day.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:40 PM   #14  

Height: 5'2

Yes, there are new products in the works. Tangerine drink enhancer (like the Mangosteen), a trail mix, and protein rice are the only ones I can remember right now! What do you guys think of that?
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Morning,

Everyone sounds like they are in such a good space.

Love the muffin top picture - it is scary what people think is ok.

Slip - yeah to coming to the end of your reboot! Great work on sticking to the plan eating out. hope today is less stressful.

Steph - have you heard about or have the IP rice crispy squares? My clinic has them and my friend says they're yummy. I heard Mac and cheese was coming out.

Working hard stick to my plan and am finding it easier this week the last.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote