Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-30-2015, 04:50 AM   #1  

Default Day 1, must find my inner happiness.

Day 1 today, day 1 of diet 4087.
(possibly)

I have had some great weight loss success on VLCD' before, got to a weight that I felt great at, for possibly the first time in my adult life.
I then got pregnant with my twins, they are now 8 months old, I only put on 2 stone while pregnant. ( nothing on the crazy 6 I put on with my first)
But in the following 8 months I have steadily gained another stone.

I am currently so unhappy with the way I look, I struggle to get dressed in the morning, because I know nothing will look nice, I have stopped bothering with make up/hair etc... Just feeling all round pants.
My size 12's that I wore while pregnant, are now officially to tight, I continue to wear them, but it does not look good!!!!

Despite previous success with a VLCD I am going to try a healthier option, I have three young children and a busy job in healthcare, I'm not sure I could survive on a very low calorie diet.

So here is to the final chapter of my weight loss journey, this I am confident will be the last time, I will not continue to Yo-yo diet.. I will re train my self.. Learn it's okay not to eat that second half of the tub of ice cream, and you can buy single bars of chocolate, you don't have to eat an entire family size bar... who knew hay? Ha.

So day 1-
5ft 5
12st 2
First goal- into 11's

Wish me luck, I am sure gunna need it :-) xx

Last edited by Rowsiex; 09-30-2015 at 04:52 AM.
Rowsiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:59 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! Sounds like you are very busy! Good for you for deciding to pick an eating plan that is healthier for you.
Best of luck!!!

P.S. I am on my 4088 diet also. Happens to the best of us.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:52 AM   #3  
New Healthy Mum

S/C/G: 229/145.5/141

Height: 5ft8

I hope it goes well for you....

I have a 10 month old so I know what it is like trying to get your figure back

I gained 21 pounds during my pregnancy so was at my pre-weight straight after. But that pre-weight was 12st4 so I am getting there with my end goal and I am currently 11st1 and due to have my weekly weigh in on saturday.

Though size 12 is like a dream so don't beat yourself up over it. With the average size being a size 16 you are well thin. My end goal is a size 12 and I have made it on the top half just need it for my big stomach. And I am a bottom size 14 so nearly there. I am 5ft8 though so a size 14 doesn't look too bad on me

I am finding lots of exercise (its amazing how many calories you burn walking with a baby in a baby carrier) and a healthy diet are helping me with the last few pounds.
sammymilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 169/144/135

Height: 5'6"

I have a two year old and have been struggling since I gave up breast feeding. I'm doing a low calorie plan with shakes. Today is my first day and I'm hungry already. I feel like I'm always hungry.
ja2ma6lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

As a mommy to infants you must be gentle with yourself! Congrats on the twins by the way!

So what I really read in your post is that you want to find your inner happiness, you resent that tho Sands of diets just lead to regain anyway and you are dealing with some body image issues. Well, what if diets don't work (as you have pointed out)? Do you think it's because you haven't found the right diet?! Personally I think all diets are destined to fail and I haven't been proven wrong yet.

The key to maintaining weightloss AND developing a strong body confidence is making peace with food. Diets label food as good or bad and by doing so you're completely taking away your own body's ability to decide for itself what it needs. Eventually this backfires and you gain back all the weight you lost from xyz diet. It happens to everyone and no diet is exempt.

Head over to intuitive eating thread. We eat based on hunger cues and work on our body image without villainizing food. We do not diet and yet most of us have achieved weightloss which happens naturally as you build a trusting relationship with yourself and food.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/181.2/145

Height: 5'4"

Oh man, I am right there with you!!!! I have regained and relost the same 50 pounds numerous times in my adult life! Now I am trying to relose it AGAIN, and I am finding it to be much tougher now that I am a little older (49). But with continued motivation and support we CAN do this!!!!!

Good luck to you!

Linda
Dougsoldlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:24 AM   #7  
flyin purple people eater

S/C/G: sz 20/22 --> sz 10/12 --> sz 8

Height: 5'8"

The first thing I thought of when I read your thread title was "meditation."

I have tried several times over the years to eat right and get fit, and it wasn't until I started meditating daily that I found that inner peace and desire to change fully. It has made all the difference for me.
Raisin5Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote