South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 06:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Talk, SBD Chat for 9/29

There's nothing more exquisite than that first sip of coffee to start the day.

As daylight lightens the day, I see that we are deep in a pea-soup fog again this morning. Tuesdays are my busiest day, and added to that is a doctor appt. for a physical for one of the girls. Oh, well, we'll make it work, somehow.

Right now it's time to sit and enjoy another cup!
Old 09-29-2015, 07:01 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, Lynda! Thanks for getting this started! I hope your appointments all fit together just right and that your home in no time. LOL

I have finished the coffee and am now enjoying my smoothie while I wait for my nails to dry. Minutes get dressed and head out the door. I went and so in the local Hot Springs and got a massage last night. My body is still pretty sore. I'm just going to come home and rest this evening and with a little bit of packing in the morning we are headed out for our mini trip.

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Old 09-29-2015, 07:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Relax and enjoy your coffee while you can, Linda. Sometimes I look back at the days when my coffee was 1/3 of those fancy creamers and miss them. Then I'll try them at a hotel or something, and they're so nasty!

I'm driving off near Linda today, too bad she's working so we can't meet for lunch again. I'm hoping my doc can help me out and answer some questions, but I'm not putting all my hope in it. We'll see. He's a great guy though. DH is driving me, so we'll stop for lunch and head home just in time for DD to get home from school.

And leftovers for dinner makes it easy!
Old 09-29-2015, 07:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ooooh Debbie, how do your nails look? I keep thinking I should paint mine while I'm not working, but I'm so bad at it! (and too cheap to pay someone else too!)
Old 09-29-2015, 07:06 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Linda and Chicks to follow. No fog here this morning, just rain, but "essence of winter sleep is in the night".

I didn't lose much of importance yesterday except some computer time. I went out for coffee in the morning, then P.O. and the bank but came home to find the power was out! It stayed out from 10:30 AM until 8 PM but the dogs and I coped. I actually sat on the couch in the back room with one beside me and one on my feet and read for several hours. The propane stove lit with the first click and we were cozy warm. I guess it was a good way to spend a cold and wet day. I did get all the Fair schoolwork prize money envelopes addressed and ready to be delivered along with the schoolwork this week. No water was not a problem as I keep big jugs on hand. The bonus was that I spent time with my furries who have been feeling a tad neglected, I think.

Odds and sods will get done today such as figuring out floats for sales at the Saturday Fall Festival. I still have lots of accounting to do but certainly am over the hump. I'm hoping to get a handle on it all today and have labelled and filled float envelopes in the safe ready to go Saturday morning. Tomorrow I do a radio interview for the Festival in Perth and am so glad it's radio, not TV, as I badly need a haircut! (Tuesday next week before I go away.)

Feels like a soup day and I have stock already thawing. It'll be a veggie soup with some chicken or sausage in it - depends on what I can forage in the freezer. It's getting time to switch to fall-type foods. Seems like I've not made chili for months - probably true.

Have a good Tuesday. that there are no glitches.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:11 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jennifer, not too bad to have to spend time waiting for nails to dry. Mine are in terrible shape right now and I must start giving them quality time.

Tammy, I sure hope you get some definitive info from your doctor. Nice that DH is driving you - have a nice lunch. If I were closer, I'd paint your nails for you.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Looks like BIL will need surgery on his broken wrist which I suspect means he will be unable to help with MIL for some time.

Today I am taking my "old friend" (90+ year old former nanny for my boys) to a doctor's appointment. Nothing else planned yet. I worked the last 5 days in a row so I guess this is my weekend! Am still working on the batch of Mexican chicken. Amazing how far that goes now that DH is a vegetarian. I even froze some!

Have a great day.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:19 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just a quick pop-in now but I'll be back later. Happy coffee day!
Old 09-29-2015, 07:37 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! Thanks for the coffee, Linda, I agree there is nothing like that first cup. I've been drinking it iced all summer and it is almost time to switch over to drinking it hot; the weather is shifting this week with highs a more seasonable 60-ish.

Debbie,
I'm impressed you are doing your nails; I never find (make) the time to do mine. Have a good day at work.

Tammy, enjoy lunch with your DH and may your doctor have some information for you.

Ruth, seems like you have lost your power several times recently! Glad your day worked out. Sounds like you were productive.

Karen, I love that Mexican chicken but I never make it since DH doesn't care for it. I'm afraid I would be eating it for weeks!

I am on a delayed schedule today since I am attending an all day coach's meeting for a science club I work with. I don't have to be there until 9, which seems like mid-morning compared to my regular schedule!!

Time for more coffee.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:39 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning

WFH day for me but have lots of conference calls scheduled today. Almost over my cold now DH has it bad. Tonight DD2 has her last soccer game of the season last night they had their end of the season party. I went and paid my property taxes yesterday as well.

Cottage hope your doctors appointments go well

Debbie I hate painting my fingernails, so I have only done once on my wedding day, don't like how the nail polish feels on my nails lol. I do love a pedi though

Ruth sounds like you enjoyed your day yesterday despite no power

Tywnn hope your doctor appointment goes well for you

Karen that is nice of you to take your friend to the doctors

Cyndi

Beth it's nice to a get a change up in routine

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:31 AM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

its national coffee day here in Canada. Some statistics on cbc. 4.5 billion dollar industry, 86% start their dau with coffee.

Linda. Hope it all works out today.

Debbie. Nice on the nails. Good impression given to customers.

Tammy. Hope today goes well. Enjoy your lunch.

Ruth. It feels good to have soup.

Beth. Enjoy your conference

Pearlrose. Glad your cold is better. Hope your dh isn't too much of a baby like most men when they are sick.

I guess I will work on my swiss chard. Will steam it, cool it and bag it and freeze it. Will be great to throw into soups in the winter.
take care
Sophie

Cyndi. I just saw that its coffee day your way too. See you later
Closed Thread