General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:42 PM   #1  
LosingWeightTheRightWay

S/C/G: 185/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Supplements anyone??

Just curious if anyone here on 3FC takes any diet / weight loss supplements to support their weight loss?? Tea, pills etc. Have they worked for you?? Any side effects??
LELi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:21 PM   #2  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LELi View Post
Just curious if anyone here on 3FC takes any diet / weight loss supplements to support their weight loss?? Tea, pills etc. Have they worked for you?? Any side effects??
I take a lot of nutritional supplements, but the only one really associated with dieting is cayenne, which is supposed to rev up your metabolism. Can't really tell if it's doing that. I probably don't take it regularly enough.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:49 AM   #3  
LosingWeightTheRightWay

S/C/G: 185/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Cayenne pepper? That is interesting. And an easy thing to add every day.
LELi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:34 PM   #4  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

I take a one-a-day vitamin and a vitamin D. When I was in high school I took those crazy Xenadrine pills (back when they had ephedrine) and actually gave myself a, thankfully temporary, heart murmur. That scares me off weight loss supplements for a long time and what is soooo frustrating is that that stuff WORKED, man. But I paid for it.

I was taking SST from GNC but I honestly didn't feel much of a boost so I knocked it off after the first bottle. I have a second but... Meh.

I'm interested in that cayenne you're talking about. I've heard of green tea and I drink enough coffee to power a small rocket so, I stay away from the caffiene based supplements now...
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 09:06 PM   #5  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Here's a little more on the cayenne, from jillianmichaels.com:

Capsaicin

Capsaicin is the compound in cayenne peppers that gives it heat and boosts your metabolism. Capsaicin is found in the membranes of the cayenne inside the pepper. Capsaicin can also help aid in digestion, stimulate kidney function and help ease pain
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:17 PM   #6  

I take glucomannan (3000 mg) pills, because they really help me controlling my appetite. I am taking a glucomannan supplement from SanaExpert, which I found on Amazon. I hope it helps. :-)
MCCurvy is offline   Reply With Quote