Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 10:55 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Friday!

Just starting the thread brb
Old 08-15-2003, 11:02 AM   #2  
A Yankee in Virginia

So, the topic of the day ... who lost power? I guess if some people still don't have it we won't here from them, though! I was very happy not to be living in New England yesterday. My grandma was so cute ... she lives in Connecticut, and said she'd just float in her pool all night. She has this little above-ground pool that she still opens every year, and she's nearly 80.

I had WI last night, and I stayed the same. So I guess that's not horrible. I just hate paying my $9.95 when nothing happens. But I'm back on the bandwagon. I went to the gym after WI and then went and bought lots of veggies and made a big veggie stirfry for dinner, with just a little chicken thrown in, and some brown rice. It was yummy.

My editor is still driving me crazy with this WW stuff. She's been going about a month, now, and she's only lost 1 week out of that. The rest she's gained. She moans about it all the day but she's hardly even trying to eat within points. Over the weekend, she had 62 points one day, she told me. And of course she still tells everyone in the newsroom when she's going, and announces to me every morning how much she had to eat the day before. Sigh.

Well, I need to go find some work to do. Come out and play, everyone!
Old 08-15-2003, 11:06 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls did any of you have problems with power yesterday My house was out for a little bit and also dueto out traffic lights I almost got hit by a big blue Volvo station wagon UGH! the guy literally came at me without stopping
I hit the gym yesterday but was soo pooped that by the time I was halfway done I had to stop
I need to shake this bug
It took DF 8 hours to get home last night poor guy called me at 12:40 am to say he got in the door

On the Nuptual front
we've agreed on may 29th 2005 or July 3
with my sis getting married next year there was no way we could swing 2 weddings in a year
on the dress front
UGH! David's Bridal
I had a girl "help" me basically meaning she threw some dresses at me gave me a bra that was tooo big and walked away
the good news
I fit into 14 and 16W's woohoo
The scary news the 14w had so much cleavage and cheap lace I felt like a hooker!
and there was my mom Lamenting my shortness
all the regular 18s which also fit the waist hit my hips so i looked like I was playing dressup not to mention LOL the bra this person gave me was so big one false move and the whooole world would have seen my goods!
it wasn't bad but it wasn't stellar either
I have to hop in the shower and humanize I will BBL Ladies
Old 08-15-2003, 11:10 AM   #4  
Divine Gal

hello ladies... Last night was dreadful; we were out of power for 10 hours.It came back on at 2:30 this morning.I am so tired and really just want to crawl back in bed. At least none of the food went bad in the frig or freezer. and I lost another 3lbs..

have a great day all.

Lynnie
Old 08-15-2003, 11:52 AM   #5  
A Yankee in Virginia

Great loss Lynnie!

Ooh, Kierie's trying on wedding dresses! How exciting! On the shortness factor, I had to have EIGHT inches cut off my dress bc it was so long. And the seamstress had to do it from the waist b/c there was embroidery along the bottom. Turned out wonderful, though. Go to a regular bridal shop just for fun, because they pamper you. Then find a place where you can order the dress for less. I did that ... and saved $250!
Old 08-15-2003, 12:14 PM   #6  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Morning all

No power problems here in IL - that's just pure craziness though!

Down 1.5 from last week woo-hoo!!! Which means my BMI if officially in the "healthy range" not overweight - and I've lost over 70 pounds! Perfect excuse to go out drinking tonight, right No actually, it's my roommate's birthday today so we're going to celebrate!

Kim - that would drive me nuts being around your editor. I mean, part of the purpose of WW is to support each other, right? So how is she supporting your weight loss when she's always moaning about everything she's done wrong!?

Kierie - that's so exciting that you're trying on dresses - and have picked a date!

way to go lynnie!

have a great weekend everyone!
Old 08-15-2003, 12:19 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

i found some really cute and shi shi expensive plus sized dresses online So I'm goign to see if I can hit one of the salons that carry them
Ok Now I really have to get off my arse and do something
great losses Lynnie and Angie!
Old 08-15-2003, 02:06 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Hi guys! No power outages on the West Coast but the footage looked crazy! All those people walking out of downtown NY. I can't imagine how scared some people might have been. I had dinner made for me last night. This has been a horrible week food wise - everybody keeps making me dinner and it always involves corn on the cob (my fav) which REQUIRES butter and salt. Tonight we are having a sushi gathering. Should be yummy and sushi is relatively low point provided we don't go with the tempura. And tomorrow night I start 2 weeks of 6pm to 12:30am shifts along with my monday to friday job. It's only 2 weeks of the year so it shouldn't burn me out and I love it. It's the Pacific National Exhibition which is a trades and agricultural fair with animal shows, dog shows, exhibits and stuff. Always a good time. There's also an amusement park attached to it that has all sorts of rides and games and mini donuts and cotton candy. I'm a little excited!
Kier - It's nice that you have so much time cause you can go to bridal fairs and take time finding deals. I loved going with my sister to try on dresses.
Kim - your evil editor needs to get a life. Or at least start succeeding on WW at least that would be something.
Lynnie - way to go on the loss!! And what luck with your fridge. I would have had to eat everything just to keep it from going bad.
Angie - good loss! You're almost there!!
Rina - did you watch last night? I have to tape the finale cause I'll be working that night. Then I'll have to come home and stay up to watch it.
OK - Off to actually do some work. I've been using the it's my birthday excuse far too much this week. Hopefully I can get some stuff done by the end of the day.
KT
Old 08-15-2003, 02:11 PM   #9  
A Yankee in Virginia

Angie: That's great about the BMI! (And the loss, too, of course.)

KT: I LOVE sushi. I usually have a California roll for lunch on the day of WI. I also feel healthy when I eat sushi.

I don't want to work today. I hope my editor leaves early so I can leave early.

OK, girls, I quit smoking AGAIN! This time it's for real, though, since we're trying to have a baby and all. I have some cravings, but it's been two days since I had a cigarette and it's not so bad. I can do this!
Old 08-15-2003, 04:45 PM   #10  
Proud Canadian

Way to go Kim!!! Pending pregnancies can be such great motivation and think of all the money you save going into a baby fund!!
KT
Closed Thread