South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 06:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend On the Beach Chat 9/12-9/13

Happy Weekend, Chickies!

My bags are packed and ready to go, and it looks like I'm moving out, LOL! I'm only going to be gone for a week, but I need ALL of my stuff! I'm picking up my SIL, Gina, and we're all meeting up at my other SIL, Sherrie's, house, and leaving from there. It's about a 3 hour trip, and I am so looking forward to it! The weather is supposed to be warm and sunny, once we get through the weekend, so it looks like it will be a nice beach week.
I'm leaving my laptop at home but will have my Kindle Fire and phone to be checking in, although I probably won't be posting until I get back next Sunday. I"ll be thinking of you and wishing you all could join me!
Old 09-12-2015, 07:08 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I wish I was joining you three too! I hope you have a glorious beach week, Linda, You sure deserve it.

No beach here - in fact, it is cold and rainy which is a nice change after the hot and steamy weather we've had for the past two weeks. I am so glad the Mill is closed for the season and I don't have to go off to pick up bread and then work all day. There is actually nothing on my calendar so I will use the day to work on niggles.

Hope we all have a good weekend of relaxation with just enough work to assuage the guilt!
Old 09-12-2015, 07:27 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Safe travels, Linda, and have a wonderful time!

Ruth, thanks for getting us started and I hope you enjoy a peaceful day at home!

I'm enjoying the quiet cup of coffee outside. It's starting to get chilly her every day. Kirk and I are going down to have breakfast with my friend from Glenwood this morning. I will pick her up at a light rail station and we will go over and sit at Whole Foods. I'm hoping the traffic isn't too bad coming back and that I can get a few more things done today before I head back to work tomorrow.

Have a great start to the weekend everyone!
Old 09-12-2015, 07:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.....Linda have a wonderful time with your SILs at the beach.

Ruth so glad you have some downtime from the mill.

Debbie enjoy your time with your friend. I haven't been to WF in ages

up early getting stuff done. Need to really plan my food for the week. Lots of running yet again. Have a great day.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Linda - Have fun!

I'm working today and tomorrow. Might be a good thing since I went on a major food bender yesterday. Not quite sure what set me off. I probably should cut out bread again for a while but it has been so much easier to bring sandwiches for meals at work. Tomorrow night we have dinner at my mom's for the Jewish holiday so that won't help my healthy eating AT ALL

Have a great weekend.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:47 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The scale god was good and another lb came off. It was great to eat a piece of fruit yesterday. Today, I have a picnic with staff from work at 11 a.m. and then have to be back in town for a parade at 5:30 p.m. and then DD2 will want to ride the rides again at night.

Cottage have fun at the beach, I go to Cape Cod in two weeks for conference not that I will get to see much but DH and DD2 are coming with me so they should be able to enjoy

Ruth I hope you enjoy the whole day at home, it's cool here as well love it.

Debbie enjoy lunch with your friend

Jekel I hope you are able to find some downtime in all of your running

Karen I found some coconut bread and wraps on Amazon, I am going to try and find them locally before ordering online.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 09-12-2015, 01:57 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, chicks.

We have 60-ish and rainy here today so I have been busy doing inside chores. Since it's the kind of day you don't mind turning on the oven I have already made PB ricotta muffins, a batch of Dr. A's spinach quiche (which I like to have on hand for work mornings), a batch of tomato soup ( the recipe where you roast the onions, tomatoes and red peppers first before finishing the soup) and now I have a turkey breast in the oven for dinner. Yum! Of course it is supposed to rain all weekend and then go back to the mid to upper 70s and sunshine when I go back to work Monday. Ah well, it's good to turn on the oven without cranking up the AC.

Cottage, hope you have a great trip.
Ruth, even though I know you enjoy it, it must be a bit of a relief to have the hustle and bustle of the Mill season done.
Debbie, Jennifer and Pearl, enjoy your day off from work.
Karen, I reminded myself last night why it is best not to have wine with dinner: I tend to go on a search for sweets afterward. Good luck with the holiday dinner tonight.

I'm thinking a book and/or nap is next on the agenda. Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 09-12-2015, 02:44 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Well, it certainly has been a different Saturday. All I've done is get up, drink coffee, ban a few spammers and poke around facebook. I did throw my huge quilted bedspread into the wash with HOT water. (For some reason, my regular size spread is actually a queen size. Making it smaller would be tricky because of the quilting pattern so I'm hoping this treatment will shrink it!) I also opened the new TV remote and programmed it so i can navigate more easily. It's a cold and rainy day so a good one to spend indoors.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:17 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning. Another slow rainy day today. DH will want to watch football and I will do some reading but not sure what else. Maybe some ironing? How exciting!!

What's on everyone else's agenda? Other than morning coffee, of course.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:59 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Hi Neighbour Beth. Lifting my mug in a south easterly direction and trying not to spill it as I drive over the bridge at Cornwall. We definitely must have real coffee together sometime.

It certainly feels like fall here this morning. It's pouring rain with occasional booms of thunder. The two dogs are snuggled up together in a "puppy pile" and I am in my warm robe trying to summon up some enthusiasm for a rainy day. The more summer-like weather returns during the week.

Today's big job will be to tackle the desk ... once again. Somebody keeps dumping stuff on it. Tuesday afternoon I will be showing Patti some of the Mill accounting stuff and I don't want her overwhelmed by all the other stuff I do.

Another coffee and some dog snuggles before I put on my Big Girl Panties and tackle the day.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:39 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! I'm just about ready to head out to work. I slept in but got a few chores done. I'm going to have to get dressed fast but I'm sneaking in the last cup coffee first

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 09-13-2015, 08:56 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning!

Shower felt good. Now for coffee, breakfast and to Mass.

This is the first time ever we've needed to change from AC to Heating this early in the year! Fleece jacket while watching college Football IN THE HOUSE!!!

May each of you enjoy your Sunday. I'm sure the 3 chicks going to the REAL beach will have fun.

Sandy
Old 09-13-2015, 09:00 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a clear crisp morning 51 out right now. DH is off to Football in St. Louis today and I am going to watch DD2 Soccer game at noon. I need to get my oil changed in my car so we might go after that and pick up a few groceries so I can make some to go breakfast options since I go into work 4 days this week.

The picnic yesterday was a fun event, even DH and DD2 enjoyed themselves.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-13-2015, 07:39 PM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We are back from our last camping trip of the year. It was a lovely, short trip. even last night's rain made sleeping extra good. Now I'm gearing up for another work week, but first I'll catch up on the dailys
Closed Thread