Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-10-2015, 01:01 AM   #1  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Default Something that stopped you from an unhealthy eating moment?

So today, I had what I'd call a pretty bad moment for me... I'd call it a mini binge. I'm not restrictive with my eating, went from calorie counting and turned it slowly into IE (intuitive eating). It's worked great for me, partly because I'm (usually) not an emotional eater. Buy this month has just been so much, with a death, a damaging marriage of a family member, a neglected child, several expenses from water damage to tire replacement to glasses... And today at work I just sort of kept eating, and all the wrong stuff! Candies! Chocolates! I felt so bad... Not for the food (I've been on this road long enough that one bad day won't make me gain all 60 pounds back) but I felt bad because I knew I wasn't hungry and was basically treating myself with food, something I don't do and shouldn't start.

But you know what happened? One of those chocholates I reached for and opened up was MAGGOT INFESTED....ugh!!!! Talk about gross!!!! Who knows what else I ate that was infested. I know it won't hurt me but still gross for me!!! But, it did make me stop. And think. And stopped my unhealthy eating moment! And I won't pick up an excessive amount of junk food anytime soon XD.

So how about you? Have any of you guys had moments, either of nature, or thoughts or people or self-discovery that prevented a bad eating moment or lifestyle moment? Nothing to big or small, share away! Maybe we can laugh and cry and our moments will help each other

Last edited by SenseAndSensibility; 09-10-2015 at 01:03 AM.
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:37 AM   #2  

Yes, a few times I have been thinking about how I will feel after I have eaten something that is too sugary or the feeling/taste in my mouth after eating deep fried foods/chips.
I mean the sluggish feeling, the after taste, sometimes a restless feeling in the body, I may feel full but not nourished, the body is still craving something. And this makes me think it is not worth it as Ihave to function optimally physically and mentally in order to handle my job and catchup on weekends.
meand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

As a fellow intuitive eater I try to get to the root of my hunger. I put it off for 20 minutes and do a task. I'll say to myself "if I'm still hungry after I finish folding the laundry I'll eat something." Then I revisit the need for a snack, usually my signals are much more clear after a pause.

There are also times that I go way easy on myself, like when it's that time of month. I naturally like to eat more for a couple of days when that rolls around and I forgive myself for it and just go with it. It's also the only time of month that I crave chocolate so I acknowledge it as a physical thing and go with it.

A mini-binge doesn't bother me anymore, once in a while I'll overeat and it may be due to stress or fatigue. I only worry when the mini binge goes on for days, that's when I try to look more in depth at it. One day of overeating is nothing.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:41 AM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

I did 23&Me and my Health Report at the time said, "Has a tendency to overeat". I was all, "You got that right Brother!!!"

Basically I already have to be in a Mindful state of mind to NOT reach for something!! I wish I could tell you a story. But for me it's more, "There are the kid's Oreos. They are Non-Foods. They are not for you. They don't exist." Then I pick up the bag as if it were a dead mouse, arm outstretched, me averting my eyes, and throw it in the cabinet!! LOL
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

OMG so sorry for the maggot moment. That is quite gross. There have times that I have given in to buying a stupid carby snack from starbucks when I went to just get an unsweetened iced tea and the moment I tried to put it to my mouth it slipped out of my fingers and fell on the floor. That has happened to me many times and I always say, well, I guess I wasn't supposed to be eating that anyway. lol. There has also been the french fry moment when all I wanted was some cripsy hot, salty french fries and I would exhibit some self control getting a small only to get it and realize that they are the older stale ones that taste like awful cardboard so I just throw it out. Luckily I haven't had the maggot situation. So sorry
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 193/131/125

Height: 5'5"

I've had a couple moments this weekend where I've been like "I want to eat more of x" so I weigh out another serving. And then halfway through it, I'm like, "huh, you know what, this isn't doing it for me as much anymore, I'm gonna put this back in the fridge and eat it later. Just because I said I could eat it, doesn't mean I have to!" It wasn't much both times, maybe the last 1/4 of a serving of chips eaten with salsa, and earlier on Friday I said it was okay if I ate all the guacamole, and then didn't finish it because… well, I was done.

If you pay attention to what you're eating, often times, I find there is a time when the taste… dulls somewhat. It's no longer as good. This can happen really early on in eating something - like eating a pint of Ben & Jerrys, I certainly CAN eat a whole pint, but after a serving or two… something clicks and it isn't as tempting anymore. I don't know.

It feels good to have that moment of awareness and self-control and I'm feeling good about this weekend and hopefully I can repeat this in the future.
ladyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:57 PM   #7  
Shakin that bacon

S/C/G: 242/192/125

Height: 5'2

Juuuuust as I was about to grab a choccy bar I really wanted, a small child in the next aisle (who couldn't see me) started screaming - and demanding a chocolate, his mum quickly told him no, because only fat people scoffed chocolate all the time. I quickly walked away from the sweets aisle and bought a chicken breast instead.

Whoever that **** was, she sure knows how to make cravings disappear in an instant.
SpiritWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:56 AM   #8  
Because I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 365/356/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWolfe View Post
Juuuuust as I was about to grab a choccy bar I really wanted, a small child in the next aisle (who couldn't see me) started screaming - and demanding a chocolate, his mum quickly told him no, because only fat people scoffed chocolate all the time. I quickly walked away from the sweets aisle and bought a chicken breast instead.

Whoever that **** was, she sure knows how to make cravings disappear in an instant.
Ugh! Some people are just nasty. I get wanting to teach your children good habits and not letting them overindulge on sweets and unhealthy food but there are SO many better ways to explain that.
Twohundred2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:57 AM   #9  
Because I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 365/356/145

Height: 5'6

As for me, I have a lot of shame eating. I've definitely binged before and it's embarrassing. Our office often has sugary snacks sent from pharmacy companies. I work night shift and am alone a lot. If I'm alone, I'll eat 3 of those donuts or cupcakes. I like shovel them in quickly so nobody catches me. I HATE it. But if anyone is around, I won't touch them at all. When people offer me things I always say no. Unless its coffee lol
Twohundred2lose is offline   Reply With Quote