Old 09-10-2015, 12:47 AM   #1  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default W.O.W. Women on WEED - Frighteningly Fit Ghouls Challenge!

Is your scale scary? Does getting dressed in the morning make you want to SCREAM? Then this Halloween challenge is the perfect place for you!

Women on... WHAT??

"Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

We would love to have you join this challenge! When you do, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

So share your story, set your goals and start your Halloween metamorphosis!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:01 AM   #2  
The Sky is the Limit!

Kris here. Overworked. Overweight. Over the moon about my hubby Over talking about getting back to healthy. This challenge I'm moving that number!

I have 4 kids in a blended family. 3 boys (26, 13, 11) and one sweet 16 yo with special needs. I am the director of an amazing Public Works department and have a staff of 75 that keep me on my toes. Unfortunately, family and work zap me of energy and I have not mastered the work/life balance that I so desperately need. In 2000 I weighed 135 (too thin, but felt great) it only took me 5 years to get to 200 lbs and have bounced between 226 and 215 ever since. No more yo yo. Weight must go go. Starting weight

220lbs! 1 lb per week is goal. Totally doable.

Goals this challenge (in WEED form of course)
W - Daily 64 minimum - working up the number of ounces by 8 each week
E - 10,000 steps a day, 15 miles logged on Map My Walk. Dogs 1 X wk
E - Nutrisystem left overs, logging on MFP, (no, really, I'm going to do this)
D - Sticking with the Halloween theme, my cornerstone "D" will be "ACTION CURES FEAR". My worst trait is not starting. I am going to grab the bull by the horns this challenge.

Got me a fitbit Charge HR today. Let the tracking begin!
Old 09-10-2015, 04:49 PM   #3  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Mindy stopping in.

I am 55 and have two children, two stepchildren, and two grandbabies. I am a school teacher. This is year 18. I made a move this year that I am very pleased with, I just hope I get to stay. Low numbers are causing turmoil.

I have lost 70 pounds. I have gotten down to low 170's but put some back on. Like this weekend. We went up north to walk the bridge (5 miles) and I come home up 2 pounds. It is still hanging on. This weekend hubby has agreed to do a race with me. We are doing the Flower Power 5k, trail run, in the mud. Got my tye dye ready to go.

Kris said this challenge is 6 weeks. I want 6 pounds gone. 181.6 today...175.6 on Halloween. Sounds good to me.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Kris, thanks for starting this!!

Call me Mavis :-0 I am 49, married to my HS sweetheart, we have two grown men. No grandbabies at this juncture. Our older son is working 2000 miles away, YS is looking at a job 1500 miles the other direction. Time I guess, to focus on me. I also work 2 full time jobs. One handling serious injury claims for an insurance company and one selling houses. I am also the caregiver for my now 93 yo FIL. Can you say stress?

I am bouncing around 160 and need to get out of there, so I'll go for 6ish as well to. I'd love to just be closer to 150 than 160.

W 100, pretty much my everyday goal
E kettlebells
E Not one of my best days, clean it up tomorrow
D I'm tired of starting over. I'm done giving up.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:41 PM   #5  
The Sky is the Limit!

Evening girls!

wore my fitbit all day. just shy of 5000 steps. Normal office day so not surprised. My goal is 10,000. Gotta move those feet.

So this week has been super crazy. Settled in on monday night to a quiet house, ready to sort some paperwork and prep for a short week. got a call at 8:30 pm that one of our old vacant buildings was on fire. Ended up out on site for 4 hours, home and emailing until 1:00 am and kicked off tuesday with 4 hours sleep and a 15 hour day ahead. Survived it. Got home tuckered out, and hit wednesday for another 12 hour day. Today was better, but I have to go in tomorrow to catch up. All I wanna do is sleep.

Hubby is back from a short hunting trip, and probably headed back up to fresno for more fire communications work on Saturday. May have some restful days this weekend.

220 this morning. only about 24 oz of water. No wonder I feel sluggish.

Hope you are all wrapping up your week tomorrow on a high note! Check back in soonly!
Old 09-12-2015, 07:54 PM   #6  

Goal race day for my 5k group! Up early to get there for 7! Boo! Hate having to get up on the weekend. Our long run is always Sunday, so Saturday is the only time I have a prayer of sleeping in. They all did super! Gives me 5 miles instead of 5k running around to check on everyone though!!

w 100
E did above running this AM
e Outback for dinner, rest of the day was fairly good
d
Old 09-14-2015, 05:42 PM   #7  
mtiger

Wink

Hubby and I did our race Sat. It was a run/walk situation. Not too muddy, but there was some. It was fun. I came in 11th for age group and hubb y came in 2nd in his age group. Somehow that's not fair. I waited for him a few times. Oh well...it was fun. We may do another through an orchard. They have hard cider and pancakes for the finishers.

Still fighting with the scale. Probably always will. I am about to run up to meet him at work. 4.2 miles.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:36 AM   #8  

Mindy, saw your FB pics of the race, it looked fun!!
Old 09-15-2015, 05:55 PM   #9  
mtiger

Wink

It was fun. We may do another.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:10 PM   #10  
mtiger

Wink

Things are crazy busy with the new school year and new building. Feel like my head could explode. I have one VERY challenging student that is not helping the situation. Can I go back to summer please??? Gonna try and walk tonight.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:26 AM   #11  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

This site needs an app! I forget to come back here. I'm in for a Halloween challenge even if I'm getting a late start.

I'm Michelle, 39, mom to 2 (Robert 15, Rachel 11) wife to Michael (18 years this year!) And clinical nurse manager at a dialysis clinic in NE Ohio. I'm extremely busy but unfortunately sedentary since taking the management position. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy in early August so I'm still recovering technically. I go back to work next Monday the 21st, so I would like to get on the wagon before going back.

I met a lovely young lady on a weight loss support page on Facebook and she somehow motivated me to jump back in. So here I am. Actually, how she motivated me is why I'm here today.....guess what I agreed to do?

Omg! Budoir photography! My crazy (tall, thin, beautiful) friend has talked me into doing these racy photos, promising me they will boost my confidence and make me feel sexy. We are making a girls weekend of this on Oct 16th. So I know I won't lose a significant amount of weight in time for these pics but I'm hoping drinking lots of water and seeing some change will help my pictures. And I am in 2 DietBet challenges.

Starting at 320.6 goal for Halloween will be 305.

W- Water is the one thing I know I can do 3 liters is doable, shooting for 4.
E- Exercise, I'll be happy to walk a few times. Baby steps. I might visit the gym. I hear they got new treadmills and I can do some arm/upper body work.
E- grocery store today. Or we have a Green Farms, which is essentially a farmers market but it's an actual store open year round. Cheap prices, nice produce. Need to consider meal prepping. Light the grill and grill up a bunch of chicken maybe?
D- Day one mentality. Just get through today. No slips. Just get through today.
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 04:56 PM   #12  
mtiger

Wink

Hey Michelle- Glad to see you are up for the challenge. Sounds like your mind is in the right place. Wishing you best of luck and always here to encourage.

Still plugging away. Trying to acclimate to the new building/grade etc. Got in a nice walk/run last night. Hope to do something tonight.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:24 AM   #13  
mtiger

Wink

Hey everyone.....getting back in the swing of things at work. FOund out Friday we DID lose a teacher, but it was not me. A teacher who has been at the building for quite a few years was moved. It is hard on everyone and puts me in an awkward position. I am happy though and I know people will get over it...eventually.

Holding at 179.2....I want 178 in the worst way. Think I need to run today, not just walk.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 183/181.2/145

Hi all!! I wanna play!!! I'm Linda, I am 49 year old, and I live in TN. I have a 10 year old son. I am divorced, but have a steady beau. I desperately need motivation to get back on a healthy eating and exercise plan, and I am hoping that these forums will help me get a fresh start!!

It seems like losing weight has suddenly gotten very difficult over the past 2-3 years, which is so frustrating for me! I used to be able to lose fairly easily, but now it is a real struggle. I stay motivated and committed for a few days, then BOOM!! I lose it, fall off the wagon, and eat everything in sight! I must break this cycle!

So here are my WEED goals, and I will try to report back on my progress:

W - My water goal will start at 60 oz/day and I will work up form there. (Man, I really dread peeing all night long...)

E - My starting goal is at least 10K steps/day on my Fitbit, however I can get them..

E - I use My Fitness Pal, so my goals are to faithfully log my food and to stay under my daily calorie allowance on most days.

D - My daily affirmation: "I can have that, but I don't want it."

Hope to make new friends here! Good luck to all!
Dougsoldlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:57 PM   #15  
The Sky is the Limit!

Evening girls!

Been a super wild week. Sorry I haven't been here. Had a ton of work, triple birthday bash at our house last Saturday, and a hubby that doesn't know whether he is coming or going with work.

So tonight, while surfing FB (wasting time) I saw a post, of a video of last nights Council meeting. The meeting where I had a 1.5 hour presentation to raise water rates. I hardly recognize myself, girls. They just started taping the meetings, and I am mortified. So, game over - Kris - lose that triple chin, cut that hair and look alive!

Mavie, Mindy, Jen, Michelle

D.O.L. welcome to the clan!

Personals tomorrow. Going to collect my thoughts and get a full nights sleep. Time to show up.