Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 07:50 PM   #1  
Super Surfer

Thumbs down

Glad to see you found it
Old 03-14-2001, 11:40 PM   #2  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
Greeneyez you have a great web site and I loved "the Sign". If you want to "bold" something on these boards, here's what you do. Ok, first do this:
put this bracket [ then a small b then another bracket ]
Next, type in whatever it is you want to
"bold". Next put this bracket [ then a slash / then a small b then another bracket ].
It will look like this.
bracket b bracket " Bold Words" bracket slash b bracket
Geez I hope that makes sense.

Maria boy you sure found a good avatar to go along with your "shopping post". I am still trying to figure out how to use these avatars with some skill. I think I got mine in by sheer luck. I also want to put one in the body of my post like Trudy's great jack in the box....but I can't seem to do it. I'm working on it.

Glenda that's it. I'll just explain to the Princess's parents that I have turned her into a, "hot dog gourment". I mean, I AM THE ONE, who also taught her to eat mini marshmallows with chop sticks. LOL

Peggy good for you on the weight loss.

Lily Trudy and I want those "Skinny Cows" too.
They are not in Canada and by the way they are not in Maui either, because I looked for them.

I had a really nice day with my friend. I didn't buy anything exciting, just stuff I needed in the house. Well I think I'll say good night now..... night.

Last edited by slavika; 03-14-2001 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-15-2001, 09:28 AM   #3  

Morning all, Glenda, Happy Anniversary - have fun Friday nite. Slavika you are a good granny - hope that I can do as well if my chance ever comes. Went out with my wicked women group last nite. As usual we were the "entertainment". We went to a little local winery. It was fun. Will have to walk inside today - it is going to rain again. Greeneyez will check out your site later. Looks interesting. I try not to eat a lot of "white stuff". I love bread and potatoes. Can't keep too many sweets around because they would be gone in a heartbeat. Have to run and get my hair cut. Have a good day. Peggy
Old 03-15-2001, 11:07 AM   #4  
Super Surfer

Good Morning Looks like a nice day here. SUNSHINE.
If you want a good laugh take a peek at Greeneyze site and click on Here's Your Sign.. very funny
Peggy I am not a Grandmother either but I do keep hoping. We have to take notes from the other Grandmothers on this board.

Well I am off now too, going to pick up my Mom, and then shopping and lunch. these days.

Hope everyone has a good one and I will look back later.

Bye bye
Old 03-15-2001, 11:30 AM   #5  
Life Time 2001

Carree: Happy Birthday to your daughter! Sounds like she had a great BD. I would love to go to a broadway show some day.

Greeneyes: I wouldnt elimate the Carbs (Whites) from your diet. Need some of them to have a healthly weight loss.

Trudy: Love the new Image! Where you getting all these cute ones? Huh?

Slavika: No Skinny Cows in Hawaii???? Guess I cant live there then. Just click on the browse button. Locate the image on your computer and then Double click on it and it will bring it in to the box. Thats it!

Glenda: Happy Anniversary! Have fun on Friday night!
Old 03-15-2001, 11:38 AM   #6  
Justa Wannabe

Wink

DANG!!! :P Thought y'all could lose me huh with that "Try n' find us on Thread # 102!" hahaha...Well did you know that search brought up 25,074 hits and you were on the page 8 [151 - 176?]

I sure appreciate you letting me know that you moved. Man, I'd have wondered why you quit talking to each other when no more replies showed up on that #101 site...

Why do you start new threads? I mean they are under the same title. Is it cause you can only have so many replies on one page? Hopefully NEXT time y'all will leave the link behind to find you

I'm glad you enjoyed my personal page. I LOVE that Here's Your Sign song. It cracks me up every time I hear it.

Thanks for showing me how to do the Bold....

Last edited by Greeneyez; 03-15-2001 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-15-2001, 12:46 PM   #7  
Life Time 2001

Greeneyes: We always go to a new thread when the other goes to page 2. They start loading slow when there is to much. So if you dont see us there we will be on the new one!
Old 03-15-2001, 01:41 PM   #8  
Net browser

Lets see if this works: I can plainly see it pays to know people in high places. Thank you Lily and thank you too, Trudy . Isn't he sweet???
Well, maybe "crazy mouse" is a little bit too big, I keep searching....

Last edited by slavika; 03-15-2001 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-15-2001, 05:49 PM   #9  
Fun Blonde

Goodness, but you all are getting fancy. And I can't even find the smilies! Wish I had a bit more time to play with the computer, but I only use it here at work, kind of sneaky.

Wish me luck. I am going to WW to weigh in. If it is just horrible this week, I will start going to the Monday morning weigh in. It is just so frustrating to be so careful and lose .4 one week and .2 the next week. At this rate it will be the summer of 2002 before I reach goal. Just kidding!

It is raining here....and cold! Will this winter ever end?!!!
Glenda
Old 03-15-2001, 06:14 PM   #10  
Fit and Feisty

Default "The Mexican"

Okay, gals, I am here to tell you that DH and I saw this movie last night and hands down, it is the worst movie I have seen in all my born days.

Talk soon,
carree
Old 03-16-2001, 12:22 AM   #11  
Senior Chick

this is a test reply
Old 03-16-2001, 12:31 AM   #12  
Super Surfer

Default Its been a good day....

I guess with all these fun images the pages filll up faster. Small price to pay for all the cute little things we find. I was looking at the place where Slavika found her waving 'puter, and clicked on links from there and that is where I found my little guys. I have tried to find it again, but ALAS, no luck. Good thing I Saved a bunch of them.
Greeneyze glad you found us... was wondering what happened to you. I couldn't get the pictue site, just the Fortune City logos... you have to remember I am not the brightest blub on the tree. The gals here know I always need a road map. As for WW we can eat anything as long as we plan for it and count it. I try to eat more high fiber foods than white foods, but sometimes even too much fiber can be bad for me...if you know what I mean .
Carree I hear that The Mexican wasn't too good. Don't you hate paying $10.00 for a ticket and not like the movie. Our tickets have just been raised to $10.00 for the super deluxe theaters.
Glenda GOOD LUCK on the WI, don't get discouraged with small losses, after all they are losses an not gains. You gotta take what you can get. When you are posting your reply, look to the left and click on the smilies, a window will open up with all the choices. Make sure it says "Smilies Are On"
Slavika..I love that happy mouse, he looks a little too happy.. what's he on?
Lily Wasn't today NEW 'PUTER DAY.. so what's it like?
Peggy How did the haircut turn out?

Slavika Took me to Costco today, so we are all stocked up with delicous food, that "somebody" is going to have to cook. No excuses now. Got to send my DH to some kind of a Cooking School and fast.

Watched Armageddon again tonight and laughed and cried at all the same places. No doubt will do the same thing the next time I watch it. My Hubby sees it once, and that is it for him.

So Good Night all I am tired, and just might be able to sleep tonight. See you all tomorrow.....
Old 03-16-2001, 09:39 AM   #13  

Is it a good morning? Not! Having computer problems- had to go with a new provider and I am confused. So what's new? Haircut turned out great. Go to a friend so I was a guinea ? pig. She tried a new technique with a razor. I can never make it turn out the same as she does. Went bargain hunting and there was a big fight between 2 women. They both wanted the same thing so they had to call the police. Very interesting. Going to the art museum today with dh, ds and dil. Carree your dd will Les Miz - we saw it on broadway years ago. Trudy, dil just started on fertilily drugs. I hope at the most is 1 or 2. Glenda, be happy with any loss. It takes a lot of hard work to get that anymore. Going to the practice page to work on bold. Can't get it to work. Bye, Peggy
Old 03-16-2001, 11:26 AM   #14  
Life Time 2001

Glenda: Hang in there it will come off. A loss is a loss and thats what matters.

Cal: It worked! Where ya go? Dont use spell check. It kicks me out everytime.

Carree: I havent heard of the movie the Mexican. That bad huh? What was it about?

Trudy: Wow. You can tell I havent been to a movie in a long time. I had no idea they had gone up that much for a ticket. Glad Im just a renter!
Yes I got Puter yesterday. Im loving it! Still have alot to move from my old to my new so I will be a busy bee this weekend. I just hooked it up last night and thats all I really had time to do.
Send my DH with yours to cooking school! Then I can play all day with puter!

Peggy: I bet that fight was interesting. ANd police even. Women! Long time ago, and this is why I do all my Christmas shopping early. A lady tried to pick a fight with me. I was looking at a sweater and she grabbed it out of my hands. I just looked at her shocked. She said I want that! I said "fine, have it. I thought it was ugly anyway!" She clung on to it and walked away. I watched her circle around and then lay it down somewhere else!
Old 03-16-2001, 02:49 PM   #15  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
Every morning I get "the Recipe of the Day" from somewhere and there is also a quote on the page.
Today's quote was:

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
Thomas Watson
Chairman of IBM 1943

I thought Lily would get a kick out of that quote. Well back to cleaning my kitchen. See you all later.

Last edited by slavika; 03-16-2001 at 02:54 PM.
Closed Thread