South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 06:27 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thankful Thursday South Beach Chat, Aug 13

Good morning!

Coffee is on!

As always, I am thankful for everyone of you! Our collective effort to follow a food plan and come here every day has really made a difference in my life. Thanks!

Of course, I am up early. I can never seem to sleep in on a day off. I am enjoying my coffee outside in the dark and the owl who has been gone all summer is back hooting away.I picked up the puppies after work and just drove down to Denver to this garden sale. There were lots of people and I ended up finding some huge plastic planting containers which would work great in my new little greenhouse. They barely fit in the backseat but I made it work. I'm glad I went ahead and did that because I wasn't looking forward to having to ask my husband to make me some type of wood containers. I think they will work just fine.
I am contemplating going to Home Depot this morning. I need some 4 x 4's to complete the greenhouse and I don't know if they will fit in my little car. Once it gets light I'll try to do some measuring first. Other than that, I'm committed to staying home today.

Come join me in a cup of coffee!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-13-2015 at 06:31 AM.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm just now sitting down with my coffee, Debbie. It sounds like you have a good plan for the day, and I hope those planters work well for you.

I had to be up and out of the house by 7am yesterday to get to a doctor appointment on time, and I never did get the chance to check in here later. Thankfully today is the last day of my workweek, as I'm ready for the weekend!

Did anyone see the Perseid meteor shower last night? It was supposed to peak here between 10 and midnight, but we never saw a thing. My DGD even got up throughout the night to look, but she didn't see anything either.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:02 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Linda! No, I didn't see any meteor shower last night but that's because I was asleep. LOL happy Friday to you!

So I went down in the dark and did some measuring. It looks like those beams will fit in my car but I might have to bring them home to at a time. The good news is it forced me to clean all the junk out of the car. LOL I guess I'll just do it.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:08 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good title, Debbie. I woke up kind of grumpy thinking of all I need to do today and then was thankful that I have a busy life and am not one of those old ladies who has to "fill the time".

Off to town for a haircut this morning and need to do a few things before I leave at 9. Sierra comes to clean and I need to do a bit of tidyng. When I'm in town, I'll check out cell phones. I'm thinking Sanyo or is it Samsung? I am pretty clueless but know I've just had it with my Blackberry Bold and it's ditzy little keyboard. (Hard to see and my arthritic fingers don't work well with tiny keys and letters!)

I have not been eating properly - too many special things happening lately!
I did some "me" cooking yesterday (aside from the big sausage/pepper thing) and now have a bean salad in the fridge and a cooked spaghetti squash. My basil crop is terrific this year so I've been making pesto to be used judiciously, NOT on pasta! Just checked my calendar and there is no "foodie" event until the 21st when the Book Club has the annual summer BBQ at Ernie's house.

Both dogs are curled up together on a towel on top of the newly upholstered chair. They are sooo spoiled.

Time to crank up the day and do those "few things" before I leave for town. Have a good one.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth! I believe you are wanting a Samsung phone. That's what mine is, I have the Galaxy S4, and love it. It's pretty simple to use, too. I hope those "grumpies" leave you soon!
Old 08-13-2015, 07:25 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Linda. You are right - Samsung it is! Simple to use is certainly what I need!
Old 08-13-2015, 07:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Thank you Debbie for starting us off. I too am grateful for everyone one of you. I look forward to hearing about your lives and SB. Debbie isn't it amazing how creative carting home large items in a small car can be. I'm fortunate Home Depot is a mile from me, so my trips have been unique driving home.

Linda glad today is your last work day. Looks like nice weather for your days off, so enjoy!

Ruth I have 2 more events coming up, a BBQ at my sister's Sunday and lunch with my HS BF on Monday. She has lost over 100 pounds from gastric sleeve surgery. So I a, hopeful lunch will be healthy. I plan on swimming too, either at her pool or a trip to the ocean. I googled her address for directions and she is considered in the "estate" section of Southampton..... Guess I better clean my car before going lol

I am proud I resisted the urge to eat when I came home from work. I am going for day 2 of clean eating and exercising today. After next week when I have more time I plan on breaking out the crockpot and actually cook again lol....although I too made spaghetti squash yesterday on the grill so easy! I enjoyed it with a turkey sausage and a little fra Diablo sauce yum yum

Have a great day
Old 08-13-2015, 08:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

I almost didn't post today, but how can I not when we're being thankful? I am thankful for you chicks, and enjoy visiting every morning, even if sometimes I'm quiet. I'm thankful for the beautiful sunshine and clear skies that greeted me this AM!

Debbie - sounds like a great project. Are you going to share pics when you're done?

Ruth - you definitely don't need to find things to fill the time!

Linda - I wish I had seen the meteor shower - I thought it was supposed to peak at 2 am?

Jennifer - Wooooow, you do need to clean your car to go there! LOL!

I have a barbeque to make a side for on Saturday, trying to decide what to make. Black bean and corn salad? Texas caviar? Trying to make something without mayo if it sits out a while. I might bow out of the party while my family goes, but we'll see what the day brings.

Today I have PT (I like the neck massage part, the rest, not-so-much....), and my DD has a pizza party with the local library as a reading rewards program - she is a VORACIOUS reader. Hmmmmm, wonder where she gets it from?!

Enjoy! I hope you day is as beautiful there as it is here!
Old 08-13-2015, 08:08 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. Moving a bit slowly this morning. Just now getting my coffee.
Not sure what is on my agenda today; but it is so beautiful I think I will get DH to join me for a walk right after breakfast. Then I need to play around with my new laptop; these days software seems to come as a download and I couldn't get it to down load!!

Debbie, nice score on the planters! And good luck getting your items into the car today.

Cottage, hope your Friday goes smoothly.

Ruth, aren't all these tech things supposed to make our life easier?!?

Jennifer, I find it tough to not eat at home; even when you think you are making good choices it is hard to be sure. I'm trying to look at portion size and food choice to try to figure out why my weight is not where I want it.

Read Cyndi's post from last night about not getting all of her chores done and my only thought was,"I don't mind being behind as long as I only have a little behind!!"
Old 08-13-2015, 09:15 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Thankful to have this group in my life to keep me focused. Looks like another beautiful day though it will be warmer and more humid today. Tonight is the open house for DD2 at school, so we will take all of her schools supplies. She spent the night at a friends house so I will need to go get her in between working on reports for work.

Debbie I wanted to see the shower but no way was I getting up on purpose at 2:30 a.m. to watch. Glad you are able to fit some in your car even if it takes a few trips.

Cottage enjoy your Friday...sorry you all didn't get to see the shower

Ruth I have not been eating properly either and need to get my head into the game. Glad you were able to make so me food to get back on track

Jekel way to go resisting food and have fun visiting with your hs bf.

Tywnn when I went to PT I loved the neck massage part too, miss it

Beth enjoy your walk today

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread