Old 08-12-2015, 05:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Default It's not how often you fall, it's how often you get back up!

Well Hello

Again.

It's been a long time. And a lot of pounds. Unfortunately.

I was on track and doing quite well. Three years ago, nearly to the day, I began to persue bariatric surgery. I did all the requirements for surgery and was thisclose to getting my surgery date. Then. IT happened. This time "IT" was a cancer diagnosis. Not for myself, my husband. My husband who has several other serious medical issues. Several. Serious.

At first "IT" seemed pretty insignificant. Prostate cancer. High cure rate. Unfortunately there were complications. A long story short, weeks in the hospital, internal bleeding, blood tranfusions. Transfusions. Plural.

When all was said and done our savings was drained. I was out of vacation time at work. I was sick of hospitals. And honsetly the thought of voluntarily having any type of surgery seemed pretty stupid given what we had just been through.

But I had been following the insurance required pre surgery doctor supervised weight loss plan. I had lost 70 pounds and while not at my goal weight I was looking good and feeling great.

So I took a second job. Added more stress to my life. Began to not care so much about what I ate. Moved less. And what do ya know. I gained all the weight back. ALL. THE. WEIGHT. BACK!

So here I am again. On July 1 I started over. I got up. Again. Determined to do it. Again. But not with WLS. For many reasons I have decided that is not the best option for me. I ordered the WeightNot program on July 7. I did not actually start the program until August 2. But with the combination of what I have done on my own from July 1 to Aug 2 plus what I have lost using the WeightNot program I am down 30 pounds. I still have 124 pounds to go. But as long as get back up more times than I fall, I will get there. I WILL!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:16 PM   #2  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

Welcome back! You can do this! There's lots of determined people getting back on the horse recently. You're in good company
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Thank you! I see by your ticker you are soon to pinned. Congratulations! My daughter's graduation/pinning ceremony was in May. She is now an RN. She will be continuing school this fall to get her bachelors!! Good Luck to you!!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:41 PM   #4  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

Thanks! And congratulations to your daughter!!!
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:52 AM   #5  

Welcome back, Kate! Love the title to this thread. It's so true.
emilyFIT is offline   Reply With Quote