South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 07:28 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Fiirst Friday in August-Daily chat 8/7

Good morning??
Old 08-07-2015, 07:31 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! It's looking to be another nice day today. Spent pretty much the whole day outside yesterday; not really sure what is on the agenda today. I do need to stop by the grocery store and pick up a few things.

I can't believe we are a whole week into August already. Time seems to be flying by.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for starting us off Beth!

It is another beautiful day here! I can't believe my daughter has had perfect weather - cool nights, beautiful days. We pick her up tonight, and I'm sure we'll hear lots of stories!

Today will be nice for me - I'm going to a neighbors house this AM to visit and see her finished addition. With 5 kids, it's a necessity! And then after lunch, I'm meeting someone in person that I've chatted with online a bit, that has the same condition as I do (POTS). Unfortunately for her, she has it way more symptomatic than I do, and has a hard time functioning day to day. At least we have a buddy that understands our fatigue!

And of course, I pick up that beautiful daughter of mine tonight...
Old 08-07-2015, 08:29 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Beth, thanks for the start-up but where the heck did my post go? I definitely was in here and babbled away but guess I must have missed hitting ENTER.

Tammy, so glad your DD had a week of such fine weather. Enjoy your addition inspection and lunch with your new online friend.

Anyhow, all is well here - except for brain farts! I am on duty at the Mill today since we have a bus tour coming from Ottawa - I need to polish up my French in the next two hours.

I made a large batch of pesto yesterday. Does anyone know if it freezes well? Pickled green beans are on the list for today - great as a garnish for Bloody Caesars! I also cooked a bunch of freezer burned chicken to use as protein supplements for my darling furries.

Time to get cracking and do something on this gorgeous day. It's a bit soon for fall but "Essence of winter sleep is on the night". I needed my blankie last night!

Enjoy your TGIF.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:54 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's DH's 5 day work stretch, so I am getting my To Do list organized and ready to go

Beth - Isn't this weather amazing?!

Tammy - I think the internet has been amazing for decreasing isolation, especially with rare conditions. It is so nice to talk to someone who really knows.

Ruth - I always freeze pesto, often without cheese or nuts so I can use it as a base in anything. The best tip I've found is to freeze it as cubes so you have small servings whenever you want them. I made lemon basil pesto last night. So good but probably won't make it to the freezer

Time to get to it. Happy Friday Chicks
Old 08-07-2015, 08:56 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a beautiful morning here, had a nice walk this morning. WFH today, I have a dentist appointment at 11 a.m. and then our next door neighbor invited us to a pool party for her eldest daughter so I will be taking DD2 to that this evening.

Beth time sure is flying by, I have to go back to school shopping this weekend it's tax free weekend so that will help

Tywnn that's great that you found a "buddy" you might be able to help each other

Ruth enjoy your day today

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-07-2015, 09:36 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I got up at four and the morning just kind of got away from me. It was have to do paperwork morning and it took longer than expected. There were some fairly serious decisions I needed to make but I did it. Yay!

I'm enjoying a cup of coffee outside before I dig into a little bit of the yard. I have to go in to Denver to my meeting at noon and you need to make some progress in fruit filling my barrels for the next pick up.

Tammy, I'm so glad that you found someone to meet in person!

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread