General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-05-2015, 09:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Default I Miss Wine

I genuinely love wine. I'm not snobby about it, but I do belong to a few wine clubs, and I really like learning about it. I still consider myself a novice, but I keep spreadsheets and everything! Total. Nerd.

I miss having a glass in the evening sitting on my deck or by the fire pit!
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:34 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, I wish we could trade places then. I like wine well enough, but it stopped liking me. It now tastes funny and makes my face flush red if it's high in tannins.

BUT... you don't need to give up your wine to lose weight. My husband did it. He just gave up something else, or worked out a bit harder.

You just need to account for it. I would NEVER, EVER keep wine on the menu over a food item as I really love my food, but, my husband gave up a bit of food to keep a near nightly small glass of wine.

And, actually, if this is supposed to be a lifestyle change, unless you plan on keeping wine off limits forever, you might want to try finding ways to incorporate it NOW so that you can keep the weight off once you get to goal.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
I genuinely love wine. I'm not snobby about it, but I do belong to a few wine clubs, and I really like learning about it. I still consider myself a novice, but I keep spreadsheets and everything! Total. Nerd.

I miss having a glass in the evening sitting on my deck or by the fire pit!
Me too! I am on a medical fasting diet and so alcohol is a no no. I would gladly trade one of my packets for a glass of wine, but I understand it is not a good idea while on a VLCD / in ketosis.
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #4  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

S/C/G: 187.4/164/140

Height: 5' 3"

I would totally enjoy that occasional glass of wine at the fire pit and make up for the calories somewhere else or do some extra activity.

More problematic if you want a couple of glasses or make it a a regular thing.
CheesecakeBrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:17 PM   #5  

I'm on a diet plan where I can't have it right now. Once I'm transitioning to regular food and in maintenance, I can add it back in. Should just be a few months. But it is difficult on these warm summer nights!
Old 08-06-2015, 03:17 PM   #6  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

S/C/G: 187.4/164/140

Height: 5' 3"

one day then... one day! lol
CheesecakeBrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
I'm on a diet plan where I can't have it right now. Once I'm transitioning to regular food and in maintenance, I can add it back in. Should just be a few months. But it is difficult on these warm summer nights!
I just think to myself that by cutting it out now for a couple months, I am adding decades of wine drinking to my life !

I also started splurging on San Pellegrino when I wanted something to drink that was not a shake or tap water, makes it something to enjoy outside on the deck!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:26 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveDogWillDiet View Post
I just think to myself that by cutting it out now for a couple months, I am adding decades of wine drinking to my life !
Hahahah! I love that!
Old 08-19-2015, 11:29 AM   #9  
Down The Rabbit Hole

S/C/G: 229.2/216.6/199

Height: 5'2"

I hear you! It makes me sad after a long stressful day at work and I come home and my family is out on the patio by the pool. "Heeey! want a glass of wine?" "I would... but I need to eat tonight..." It kills me. But it will all be worth it! Actually that happened to me yesterday after work and I like to think that because I didn't drink that wine, my morning weigh in showed me good results.
Alice In ONEderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:58 PM   #10  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I have and always will drink it (unless the liver goes first, no joke there unfortunately). Life is too short. And it does not seem to affect my weight loss. Food affects my weight.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote