Old 08-03-2015, 12:03 AM   #1  
Less of a Better Me

Default August Chat

Starting the August chat. I haven't posted the past couple of weeks because I was sick off and on.

Anyway, the incredibly great news is that on Friday I got to my WW goal weight of 146. Actually, I got to 145.8. It was an incredible feeling. I was a regained lifetime member so it was really great to finally be at goal for the first time in over 20 years.

To get back a lost a little over 61 pounds.

I'm actually not totally done since I'm still working on body composition. But, I plan to just work on maintenance for a month or so before focusing on losing weight. I've increased my points a day by 3 (etools wanted to increase by 6 but I thought that was too much) We'll see how it goes.

It took me almost 5 years to lose that 61 pounds. There was about a year and half in the middle there were I regained 30 pounds and then had I had to lose that all over again. Still, I stuck with it and got there.

Last edited by Koshka; 08-03-2015 at 12:03 AM.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/217.6/150

Height: 5'7"

How proud you must feel! All best wishes for your continued success.
Cayochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 03:11 AM   #3  
Less of a Better Me

Thanks. It was a long time coming, but glad to finally be herel
Old 08-05-2015, 09:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/217.6/150

Height: 5'7"

How proud you must be. Best wishes!
Cayochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #5  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
Starting the August chat. I haven't posted the past couple of weeks because I was sick off and on.

Anyway, the incredibly great news is that on Friday I got to my WW goal weight of 146. Actually, I got to 145.8. It was an incredible feeling. I was a regained lifetime member so it was really great to finally be at goal for the first time in over 20 years.

To get back a lost a little over 61 pounds.

I'm actually not totally done since I'm still working on body composition. But, I plan to just work on maintenance for a month or so before focusing on losing weight. I've increased my points a day by 3 (etools wanted to increase by 6 but I thought that was too much) We'll see how it goes.

It took me almost 5 years to lose that 61 pounds. There was about a year and half in the middle there were I regained 30 pounds and then had I had to lose that all over again. Still, I stuck with it and got there.
Congrats!!!

It's very encouraging to see someone who has stuck with it for all that time... I was below goal with WW back in 2008... and then I managed to regain and hit an all time high by 2012... Lost 50... Then regained 40 of that back...Now since 2014 I've lost over 60lbs again.... and I'm determined to do whatever it takes to keep that off for good! But it's definitely been a bit of struggle...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Congrats Koshka! I hope you will still be on the boards, we all need success stories for our own motivation - thank you for being here!
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:57 AM   #7  

Checking back in - after a week of being out every night and drinking way too much...I now weigh too much Back up 1.6, a nice round 207. Bleckk. Was hoping to be in onederland by this coming Friday, but that's not happening. I am back on track, but it's amazing how much you can slip into old justifying behaviors. The good news is that I am getting a lot of positive feedback about my loss, so it looks better to others than it does to me, up close. I really think September is going to have to be my month to get back on track fully, since I've got lots of celebrating upcoming for a family wedding. September!!!
Old 08-17-2015, 12:46 PM   #8  
will it ever stick??? lol

S/C/G: 283.6/236.8/155

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone haven't really been in on this months chat, seems very quiet, where is everyone?! Hope your August has been going well and the weight is sweating right off :P

Down -8.0lbs this month because last month was a disaster haha
Amberkkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:51 AM   #9  
Less of a Better Me

I did my August weigh in last week and was up a couple of pounds. It was annoying, but I know it is mostly water weight. I took off my wedding ring right before weighing in and I could see how puffy my fingers were.

I am trying to adjust to maintenance and eat a little more. WW gives me 6 extra points a day, but I adjusted that down to only 3. And, still had the gain. I think part of it was eating more carbs to necessarily retaining more water.

Yesterday, I had lost about a pound and a half from where I was Saturday. So, we'll see what happens when I weigh in.

I'm trying to just maintain within 2 pounds of goal weight until about a month from now. Then, I plan to try to lose a bit more. I'm seeing a personal trainer twice a week and working on body composition so that is really the most important to thing to me right now.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:36 PM   #10  

Hi guys! Posting because I cannot believe what happened this morning - got on scale a day early because I'm traveling tomorrow and was down to 204, meaning a full 40 lbs gone. I can't imagine how this happened, since this week was half great and half more of the same social eating, etc. I'm not sure it will last, but so happy to have the ego boost for once. Hope all is well with you all - Amber, what a great loss! Koshka, I would love to know what it's like to be at maintenance, sounds like it would be challenging for me. Congrats to you both!
Old 08-31-2015, 10:41 AM   #11  

Ok, checking in on the last day of the month. The last week has been a dieting disaster, but I knew that, and think I was about as calm as I could be with the family wedding and all happening. I ate and drank and had a great time. I also exercised more than normal, so that might have helped the cause. I skipped my weigh in last week because I was out of town. I am holding my breath until this Friday. I know there was damage, but hoping not too much damage, lol. I am going to try to be super on-plan for the rest of this week. The old habits from before WW came back with a vengeance last week - it didn't surprise me, but it was kind of disappointing. How is everyone else doing?