Old 07-17-2015, 09:55 PM   #1  

Talking Steel Magnolias -- #117

Good Evening! It's been a hot humid day in my corner of Iowa today! We made a quick trip to Sioux City this afternoon and the car said it was 98 degrees. Hot! We needed a few things from SAMs Club, and I wanted to shop for Maddy's birthday. I always like to get the kids a shirt and some sort of "bottom" for their birthdays. It's hard to shop for August and I found the same this year. Summer clothing is picked over and there isn't much out for fall yet, but I did find some sparkly tops I hope she likes. I couldn't believe the racks of adult clothes on sale at Penneys! Most of it I wouldn't wear to a dog fight, at any price. There were some winter suits though. I wonder if suits are coming back in style again.

This is the weekend for the big bike ride across Iowa to begin -- anywhere from 20,000 to 30,000 are expected to be in town Sunday and will leave on Monday. 10,000 bikers are registered but many more will ride parts of the ride from the Missouri River in Sioux City to the Mississippi River on the eastern border. Then there are the support vehicles which are anything from cars, converted school busses, motor homes, and semis.

"Gma," back when Jason played football, they had practice early in the mornings before the school year started. The coaches had hoses and would drench the kids throughout practice. It will be nice to have Jay visit; maybe he has some exciting news to share. Do you use Amazon Prime? So many of the things I've ordered lately aren't shipped by them, but out sourced, so I still have to pay shipping. I would hate to be the accountant trying to keep track of the pay raises, goofs, and pay backs.

Maggie, I have been very lucky with viruses (nada) since I bought the laptop and the store installed the virus program. It's one I've never heard of and updates every time I turn the computer on. My friend's son is going through a divorce which has been very hard for her. They met at Jason and Amanda's wedding; he is a buddy of Jason's and she was a college friend of Amanda's. There are two younger children involved which makes it even worse. My friend's husband is in a nursing home with bladder cancer and dementia; she just went through breast cancer last fall. She talks and I mostly listen.

I need to check the dryer which should be done. ​Enjoy your evening!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:01 AM   #2  

Good morning to you all. It is cool in the house, but I imagine it is not that way outdoors. We will head out around 9 as Jack has an eye appointment, then we have to get some stuff at Walmart then onto Fresh Market and then home.

We bought Jack this fancy and expensive electric shaver as he hates to shave so I go to kiss him yesterday morning and said, "You didn't shave this morning?" "It is too hard to shave in the morning." Ok well you told me you don't like to shave the night before because you like to wash your face after in the shower sooooo you have to do one or the other. Brother, men sometimes. We are going to get him some preshave stuff today and hopefully that will help. He has sensitive skin and he says even the new shaver pulls so we will try this route. I wonder how men would handle, having to shave body parts, do hair, do makeup, get your eyebrows waxed, get your hair colored, etc, etc. They get up and shave and shower and that's pretty much it unless they fool with their hair a lot. Jack gets his clipper cut so he washes it and goes. I wanted to strangle him yesterday. I dragged clothing I had bought for him and washed and dried upstairs to put away, which is no mean feat because I only have one hand to carry. I have to use the other hand to hold onto the rail. I get upstairs and here is a full basket of clothes still sitting on the floor, dirty clothes on the floor next to the dresser, and a sweatshirt and pull on pants that he had left laying on the stairs and I had asked him to take upstairs and put away. I had a dress in the basket, which is now a wrinkled mess and will have to be pressed before I wear it and it is a long dress so it will be a pain to do. So, I put everything away and when I said something to him about it he said, "I was going to put it all away tonight." Ya, sure you were. I can't carry a basket up and down the stairs anymore because of my knee, so he takes the clean clothing up and puts it away. Ahh well, he is good to me so I give him a break.

Jean: I don't buy the boys stuff very often as they are both incredibly picky about their clothes. Sometimes I will get them a tshirt, but that is pretty much it and Thomas is 6' tall now I think his mom said and skinny as a rail so buying for him can be crazy. I usually just give him money for gifts nowadays. Boy I would think that would make a real mess in your little town to have all those people in town with bikes and cars and rvs and such. I didn't answer you last time about the game I don't think. We have a triple A team here in Memphis that is affiliated with the St Louis Cardinals. So, they play the Iowa Cubs during the year and we try to go at least once. Well, I say that, but the last 3-4 years they have been so terrible, the major league Cubs I mean, that we haven't gone.

Maggie: Hope you get your computer sorted out. You sure do have a lot of problems with it.

Have a good day everyone. My get up alarm is going off and doesn't stop so have to get it.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 05:07 PM   #3  

Good Afternoon! Another hot humid day in my corner of the world today. We had strong winds blow through last night but no rain. Strange for sure. I slept through it as it started after I went to bed. I've spent the day doing laundry and just putzing around the house. I picked up the gift shop money yesterday so made that deposit this morning. I won't be able to get close to the bank on Monday because of the bikers leaving town.

"Gma," Bob has said his beard is getting "tougher" as he gets older. I notice the neckline on t-shirts get grubby looking first. He uses an electric razor and will shave late afternoon if we are going anywhere out and about. I remember giving the kids clean clothes to put away and their idea of putting away was on the floor with the rest of the stuff scattered around. Bob is picky about his dresser drawers so I put his pile on top and he puts it where and how he wants it. Since I iron whatever he wears in public, he doesn't ever complain. I hope the ball game is a good one!

I need to think about food for the lake tomorrow -- maybe a trip to the pizza place instead of taking anything. That would be ok with me! We may be the only ones up there. Jason has been gone all week so haven't talked to him. Beth has a family birthday with Will's family so know they won't be there. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 07-19-2015, 07:46 AM   #4  

Good morning to you all. We will be heading out around 9:30 for the commissary, but since it is already sticky outside it is probably going to be miserable. It was 98 yesterday around noon or so and I don't know if it got any higher than that.

She dilated Jack's eyes yesterday so I had to do all the driving around town yesterday and it was nuts. I have never seen so many people and we got stuck in a 4 car bad accident. It was on a city street with a traffic light just a block off the Interstate exit so how in the heck they could be going that fast to do the damage that was done I don't know, but it had the interstate exit traffic backed up so bad only 2 cars could get through each light so it took us forever.

I hope it is nice and quiet at the commissary this morning and we can whip right in and out. Boy, I can't type today.

Jean: Hope you have a nice time at the lake. I know I have ask several times so forgive me, but how far is the cabin from your house? You know, I didn't even think are you talking about bicyclists or motorcyclists coming through town? We drove past this whole line of cars with pylon cones down the street and people sitting in the yards next to the curb. We thought it was a bicycle race as they have them a lot here, but come to find out it was some big open house for a house that was for sale! It must be one heck of a house as there must have been 30 cars parked on the street and side street. We are having pork chops for dinner on the inside grill I think and Jack is having mashed potato and I am having some potato salad I bought at Fresh Market yesterday. I think I will slice up a nice tomato with it for my dinner. Jack doesn't want a veg. We get Jack's dress shirts laundered as he likes them starched pretty stiff. I bought him this deep purple one to go with gray dress pants and this pale yellow one to go with this sort of a café au lait pair of pants. If I don't force him to buy the stuff I put together the man is hopeless. He came down a few weeks ago to go out shopping and to dinner in a pair of plaid shorts and a striped shirt telling me he didn't know what shirt I had bought to go with the shorts. {{{sigh}}} He wears some of the awfulist combinations is I don't step in and tell him no!!! He will get mad at me about it, but I am not going out in public with a man who puts on a pair of green shorts and an orange shirt, etc. You will get a giggle from this. We watch those wedding dress shows on TLC like the Kleinfelds one in NYC and the Bridal by Lori one in Atlanta all the time and I was feeling awful the other day and texting Jack and said that the place I buy my shoes online was having a buy one get one sale and I found a couple handbags that were sooooo cute. I actually was teasing him about buying more purses. We went back and forth with him giving me grief about the number of purses I had and I kept saying how cute these were, etc, etc, and I sent him pictures of the two I had picked out. He was teasing me about it all then he ups and texts, "I am saying yes to the purse." I had felt so bad that day that it gave me this great laugh about those tv shows saying about the bridal gowns. So I have two handbags winging their way to me.

Everyone have a good Sunday
Old 07-19-2015, 07:26 PM   #5  

Good Evening! It's been a beautiful day here, low 80s, much lower humidity, sunshine, and just a little breeze. The back yard tents are beginning to arrive, and it's interesting to watch people set them up. We made it to church and home again with no problem. No one (kids) went to the lake today so we decided to stay home too. I need to touch base with my college roommate and see where she is spending the night. I made a breakfast casserole thinking maybe it would be easier to eat here rather than try to find a restaurant. If she still wants to eat out Bob and I will have leftovers for several meals!

"Gma," I feel sorry for anyone that has an accident but those on the interstate seem so much worse. Did the commissary trip go smoothly? Hope so! The lake is about an hour and fifteen minutes from here assuming the two lane traffic drives the speed limit, and no dumb drivers in the mix. Sometimes there is a lot of traffic and other times not so much. The bikers are riding bikes, not motorcycles. My mom laid out my dad's clothes if they were going anywhere together. I had a friend whose husband was color blind and she laid out his suit, shirt, and tie for him. I never knew that until he died, and we had been friends for years. Bob doesn't wear stripes and plaids together but sometimes I ask him to change shirts because he looks like an orphan. I did chuckle at your handbag story. What kinds and colors did you choose? I kind of enjoyed the four weddings show on TLC but haven't seen it for awhile. I have watched "yes to the dress" and am amazed at some of the family input. I went with Amanda, her mom, and sister when she was looking for a dress. Beth didn't include Will's mom, not sure why and never thought to ask.

I need to unload the dishwasher and clear off the counter. Hope you all enjoy a nice evening and a marvelous Monday tomorrow!
Old 07-20-2015, 07:59 AM   #6  

Good morning y'all! Just thought I'd give you a taste of the south this morning. Hot and sticky is the forecast for today. I have a lot to accomplish today so hopefully I can get some things done. Between this shoulder thing and the female stuff acting up I have just felt awful. Over the weekend it wasn't too bad, but this morning I have a big knot at the bottom of my shoulder and cramps. Sheesh!

We got the commissary shopping done, but I blew my stack checking out. There were people standing in line and they had one regular checkout and one express and the lazy girl at the express checkout stood around doing nothing instead of telling folks she could check them out when she didn't have express customers. I am going into the commissary website and complain again. There were people in the back just sitting around and the head checker was no where to be seen. Believe me, they are going to get a piece of my mind. They on top of that, I took the potato salad from Fresh Market out of the fridge and it was either spoiled or someone screwed up making it. It was so acidic tasting it burned my tongue. It was like someone has put a bottle of lemon juice in it or something. I am going to send them an email about it too.

Jean: Posted pictures of the two bags I bought. I got the one super duper cheap. I have pink and purple bags, but not a magenta color and I don't have a coral colored bag. I need handbag anonymous. Hope you have/had a nice time with your college roommate. Kelly and I went alone to get her dress and we didn't have much money and bought her a used dress that really was just perfect for her. The cool thing is we went looking for a veil somewhere else that sold used stuff and they had a veil that matched exactly the roses on the back of her dress. The roses were sort of off white almost tan color and we couldn't believe we found the matching veil. My grandmother made my wedding gown. I went to the fabric store and bought satin and this pretty cotton lace edging that was wedding bells and she made me a train and it was pretty. I bought my veil. I had always wanted a Juliet cap veil and got one and loved it. It was my big expense I think. Our wedding anniversary is the week before Thanksgiving and it will be 43 years. Time sure flies.

You gals have a nice day. I am off to get breakfast and start things for the day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg array.jpg (23.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg addy.jpg (20.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-20-2015, 05:36 PM   #7  

Good Afternoon! We got up to rain but now it is sunny and warmer. The humidity remains fairly low which is nice. It's been an interesting day. My college roommate found our house and we were able to catch up for almost three hours. I had a P.E.O. Meeting this afternoon and thought maybe she would end up going with me. The meeting was at the college and the program was the life history of a man who never graduated from high school let alone college, but became lifelong friends with a local banker. He left millions (oil entrepreneur) to the college and it was very interesting. There is an office, which we got to tour, with all of his personal papers and many treasures from his world travels. Now I have no ambition for the rest of the day! We are invited to a gathering in memory of our school nurse who died unexpectedly in Texas where they retired. Her husband is visiting relatives in eastern Iowa and will be here for a few days. Those attending will be all the "oldies" since the new teachers and staff wouldn't have known them. I am looking forward to it.

"Gma," good luck with your commissary complaint. When I get on a tangent and say I'm going to let the head honcho know, Bob always says, "go ahead if it will make you feel better, but it won't do any good." I hate to admit he's right. It's so aggravating when people don't do their jobs like they should. I love your new purses! How many will you take on the cruise? I wonder if there is a "handbag anonymous"? Hope your shoulder feels better as the day goes along.

​I need to think of something for supper. Leftover breakfast casserole and fruit sounds good. Hope you all enjoy a nice evening!

Last edited by Jean; 07-20-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:27 AM   #8  

Good morning to you all. We are headed into another very hot day today and maybe some rain coming our way for the next few days. It isn't going to cool it off though, just make it more humid than it already is. I don't consider going from 97 to 92 much in the way of cooling off.

I am vacuuming and mopping today and that will be that for another day. I have a load of laundry and just heard the washer click off so will put it all in the dryer when I am done here. It is towels and underwear sort of stuff. I guess Jack accidently popped the plug on the ac unit upstairs, which caused it to drain all over the carpet in our bedroom and water leaked through the ceiling in the kitchen so now I have a spot on the ceiling. I tell you it is always something.

I have to call the doctors office again tomorrow to see if her schedule has been updated. I have to go in for my 6 month and if I don't try early I can't get in to see her. She is licensed in gyn/ob so she works on and off at the hospital and these last two weeks of the month she has been there instead of in the clinic so her appointments are crammed even more than usual. I am going to try and get an early appointment and not eat before I go so I can go ahead and get my blood tests done. I am not going through like last time where I went in the next day and sat for 90 minutes out in the waiting room. There were no patients in the lab and no back ups, the idiots that checked me in didn't even send me back. They have a locked door into the clinic so you can't just go in. It is ridiculous.

Jean: Actually, I only take one handbag on a cruise and sometimes not even that. I don't haul it around on the ship or on excursions preferring just a cross body tiny bag that holds my ship id and cash for excursions. You don't need anything else on the ship to buy anything as the id is connected to your account and just charges everything to your account, which has a credit card or cash deposit attached and we always take cash on excursions. Since we go to resorts I take a beach bag and put advil, hand sanitizer, in it along with bug repellent, sunscreen, towels, hat, etc. I bought a crossbody black and white bag in Indiana while I was there to take to the museum so I may just take that instead of a handbag and pack stuff from my handbag in my carry on luggage. A lot of the stuff in my handbag I won't need for the cruise anyway. Sounds like you had a nice visit with your college friend. Jack says the same thing to me about complaints, but I do them anyway. I figure they think what they do is hunky dory unless someone tells them otherwise and some places, Chick fil-a for example actually do fix things that are wrong. The thing is, Chick fil-a rarely does stuff wrong. They are the best fast food place overall I have ever seen. Their staff is top notch, their food is good, the place is clean all the time, etc. I did let it rip to the commissary manager. I told him that if he was a chief in a Navy squadron and had a bunch of jets out on the tarmac to be repaired and only had one petty officer working on them did he think the higher ups weren't going to chew his behind about it? I really let go on it and told him I was getting tired of having to complain about the same thing over and over and over. His lazy head cashier needed to get her behind out of the office and we walking around constantly to see what was needed as far as cashiers were concerned and frankly if he had cashiers he was paying and they were sitting in the back, and this was according to the head cashier herself, how stupid was that? I said even if they didn't have anyone to check out if they were being paid then let them be standing at the registers waiting for someone. I tell you I really blew my stack. We shall see if I get any response at all.

You all have a wonderful day.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:49 PM   #9  

Good Morning! It's a beautiful sunny cool morning in my neighborhood. We counted money at church this morning; the spaghetti dinner for the bikers made over $9,000 and it is all profit since everything was donated. That helped the budget a bunch! This afternoon I need to take my laptop in to have it checked. I've been looking for airline tickets and get a message that Internet Explorer quits working part way through and then it shuts down the program. Frustrating!

"Gma," wish I could share my cool weather with you today! Like I've said before -- crazy, unpredictable weather! Can Jack fix the water spot on your ceiling? I agree it's always something! I hope you can get your doctor's appointment set up like you want it. I don't have one but see a lot of the cross body bags, especially on travelers. Let me know if you hear anything back from the commissary manager. I won't make any bets that you will.

Bob is working on tractors this morning. The shindig is the second weekend in August but we will have Ian and Zowie here while their parents are in Sturgis. I guess Bob will be going to western SD to take a camper out for the Sturgis motorcycle group that Jason travels with. Jason has to work that area so will bring Bob back here. I have towels in the dryer that should be dry and ready to fold. Hope you all enjoy a terrific Tuesday.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:43 AM   #10  

Good morning to you all. It rained overnight and supposed to rain more the next several days including Saturday for the baseball game so we shall see what will happen with that.

Today I have an off day from cleaning so I imagine I will get a lot of reading done and I can watch last night's episode of Rizzoli and Isles on my Ipad. TNT has their main shows online to watch for free the day after the episode airs so we can watch the Cubs game then I can watch the two programs during the week that I miss; Rizzoli and Isles and Major Crimes.

When Jack was in the eye dr's last Saturday she gave his two pair of contacts to try, one has better distance vision and one has better close up vision. He was supposed to wear the distance vision until this morning then wear the close up today until Saturday when he picks up his prescription for whichever one he prefers. He said he thought he wanted the close up vision one as he has to read schematics at work that have smaller print so we shall see how he likes them overall. I have to go in next month and she had to do something because my overall vision stinks. I know my right eye is worse for some reason and hopefully it isn't something serious. She found cataracts in Jack's eyes and said down the road they will have to be fixed, but Medicare won't pay for it until his vision is only 20/40 correctable. I imagine, Susan, you know what that is about if you used Medicare to have yours taken care of.

My dress comes today (I bought another crinkle knit dress as the yellow one won't work being packed because it wrinkles terribly) and my handbags on Friday. They have shipped my sunglasses finally, but they use Endicia and it takes forever for them to move into the USPS system. I paid for priority mail but it is ridiculous and we won't be ordering anything from them again even with the discount. They called me last week and said they had the sunglasses in and they didn't ship them until Monday and they are still sitting in Austin TX and should have been here today with priority. Grrrr!

Jean: You are not going to believe it, but I got a very nice email back from the manager with a big apology and a guarantee he will look into it and find out how many cashiers are being scheduled, etc, etc. He said we were very valued customers and he wants us to continue to shop at the commissary. I mean he actually sounded like he was going to do something about it not just give you blah, blah, blah. Jack thought he had a virus on his laptop because he can't log into a couple websites at all. He has his cookies cleared after every use and there was no virus, but it will not let him into the sites. He can get into them on our pc and Ipads fine, but not on the laptop so I am wondering about a registry error or something like that. Who knows?

Everyone have a great day. I need to shower and get breakfast. Today is my once a week shampoo where I use my red pigment shampoo and conditioner. I should have done it yesterday but didn't. I can't do it in the shower as you have to leave the conditioner in for 10 minutes so I have to wash it down here in the sink. I will just wet my hair in the shower this morning then come down and wash it in the sink. I will see if it helps extend the color as the darn stuff was $60, so if it doesn't seem to keep the color bright, I will use it up and not buy it again.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:23 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon! It's been another beautiful day in my corner of the world. The sun has disappeared and Bob thought we are supposed to get some rain tonight. This was my morning to work in the gift shop, and I did sell quite a few things. They are having a sale where you draw a coin marked 25, 35, or 40% off. That is the amount you get off your total bill plus there was already a 50% off table of stuff included. Good sale! After lunch I went to do Boomer cat chores and now I'm sneaking up on some idea for supper. We had a late lunch so I'm not even hungry.

"Gma," I hope you enjoyed your day off from cleaning! Did you see my FB message about the sunglasses? I thought the one pair looked like the picture you had shared here. I have the beginning of a cataract but it measures less than 1 on a scale of 1-5. I hope Jack can get the contacts to work; I have a friend who wears one for close and one for distance; she said it didn't take long to adjust to them. It will be interesting what you find out when you go. For years my prescription never changed and now it seems to be every couple years. Here's to red shampoo success!

Hope everyone is having a good middle of the week! I noticed school supply ads are in the paper today. I suppose Christmas will be on the shelves by Labor Day. Crazy!
Old 07-23-2015, 07:51 AM   #12  

Good morning to you all. It isn't too bad yet, but rain moved through last night and more today so it is going to be sticky in a real short time. I am staying into today though so no worries.

Got my dress yesterday, too big and too long so back it goes. The color is nice but the fit is awful. The thing dragged the floor it was so long and it looked like a moo moo on me. I did find out that with the room we have on next cruise that they have pressing free on night of fancy dress so I will get it pressed but wear it the next night as it isn't fancy dress. I went ahead and ordered an all black long dress, but don't know if I am going to like it at all. We shall see when it gets here tomorrow. It make end up looking like a nightgown and if so, it will go back and I won't order anything else. I will dig around and use some of my older stuff to make up the rest of the clothes I need.

I have to call the dr's office today as I forgot yesterday. I just hope the appointments aren't all gone already if they have the schedule up. I'm really thinking about going on Belviq and seeing if that will help with the being hungry all the time. I will have to pay for the whole thing, which is about $220 a month as Tricare won't pay and the company that makes Belviq gives you a prescription card to get it for $75 a month, but does not allow, Medicare, Medicaid or Tricare patients to use it so I would have to put out the whole darn amount. I am tired of trying hard and succeeding then something happens with the female stuff and I start overeating again. I don't have bad stuff in the house, but you can still overeat. I keep my weight the same, I am not gaining but am not losing either. I stayed on the full plate diet almost a month and I guess because my colon is so short or for some other reason I had very loose stools all the time so had to quit it. The second day after I quit eating so many veg, my gut settled back down. I now eat a veg for lunch and two with dinner and it crops up sometimes, but not always. It was so bad that I couldn't leave the house a lot of the times.

Jean: I saw on tv they are advertising stuff with Staples, Office Depot and the like for school, but school starts here 3 weeks from Monday. I can't believe the kids summer is already over with. Jay and Alicia are coming the weekend of July 17th. I am not sure when Jackson starts back to school, but he didn't get out until the 12th because of extra snow days. Sounds like you had a profitable day at the gift shop. I always look for the sales online then go and try and find coupons online besides that. I can get some pretty good deals. I did go to that Oakley site but then did some research about it and consensus was they were selling fakes so I bypassed it. It wasn't a sure thing that they were fakes, but a bunch of people posted that it was a fake site. How they are getting away putting the Oakley name on the site I have no idea, but I didn't want to chance it.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 07-23-2015, 06:01 PM   #13  

Good evening, ladies! A lovely day in the middle 80s. Monday it was 115 degrees! It's rained every night for over a week.

I've been busy with quilting, so what's new about that, and quilting bees.

Faye, Doesn't Jack get Tricare? I have a Medicare Advantage Plan with Humana and all my bills go directly to Humana and they approve all procedures. They paid for my cataract surgeries. Cataract are rated 1-5 with 5 begin practically blind. They approve surgery at 2 or more. Insurance only pays for the basic surgery. If you want toric lenses or one eye near and one far lenses, you have to pay extra, about $2,500 per eye. It's also extra for laser surgery. My very honest surgeon told me he could correct my astigmatism with the surgery so I only needed to basic surgery but I'd have to get reading glasses and he advised me to get them at the Dollar Tree. I've been very pleased with the results. They surgery itself takes 7 minutes. My doc told me to tell the drugstore to not run medications I have a coupon for through my insurance. Then it goes through. Apparently there was a change this year and Medicare is now allowing some of them because I never could get balance reward points at Walgreens for my prescriptions but now I get 100 for every prescription. The 3 drops I had to use before and after my cataract surgery were $475 with 1 of them covered by insurance. The rest were out of pocket.

Jean, the kids here go back the week before Labor Day. The school supplies are out in the stores along with the lists the various schools require - including things like Kleenix, hand cleaner and cleaning things. It costs over $100 to get the supplies so I'm sure parents are glad they have plenty of time to get the stuff together, especially if they have more than one child. The Y has a list of 10 items that they request donations of. The fill 150 backpacks for poor children. I try to do 5-10, depending on my budget.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Talking Thursday & a Very Nice HOT Day

GOOD AFTERNOON IN JULY MAGNOLIAS
☺♫

It is 103˚ here in the ♥-Land and it is good to be home now in my office where the air conditioner and ceiling fan keep me nice and comfortable. I am just going to make a boxed meal and fresh salad for dinner.

When we were at Wal*Mart today and finished and were leaving I said to Will “lets stop at Wendy’s and get Josh the cart man a nice cold soda.” We took it to him and the look on his face was precious. We like doing random acts of kindness. Then when Will went into another market to get some fresh salad fixing’s, the man in there gave Will a large bouquet of beautiful yellow flowers to give to his wife. Just gave it to him. Proves to me once again that random acts of kindness do ~ ”what goes around comes around.” The green grocer asked Will what his wife’s favorite color was and Will told him “definitely not pink.” So I now have a beautiful bouquet of different kinds of yellow flowers. Life is good.

DONNA FAYE I am sure you will find something suitable to wear in what you already have. No one will remember seeing what you wear anyway if you wore it before.

SUSAN Quilting is a good thing to keep you busy.

JEAN What a neat way to run a sale. Bet you were real busy.

Last edited by Maggie; 07-24-2015 at 12:27 AM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:24 PM   #15  

Good Evening! I came here a couple times today and got interrupted both times. It has turned warmer and more humid today -- the air conditioner is humming away tonight. I had an auxiliary board meeting this morning and cat chores after lunch. I spend about an hour with Boomer and we watch the cooking channel. The rest of the day was pretty much a wash as far as getting anything done. I need to make a grocery list for first thing tomorrow, then attack the fur bunnies that are hanging around.

"Gma," a "too big" dress is nice but I hope you can exchange it for a smaller size if you choose to do that. Otherwise, is it way too big to be altered if you really like it? The governor signed a bill that Iowa schools can't start before August 23rd. That's still too early imo. I've never heard of Belviq. What is it?

Susan, it is definitely hot in your neighborhood! Where do you get drug coupons? Beth has to mark each individual crayon and pencil, plus the rest of the school supplies with the kids' names. Maddy will be in middle school this year so not sure how the rules apply there. They also have to take a container of antiseptic wipes, Kleen-x, and hand sanitizer. Our church has asked for donations of school supplies or money for scholarships to help those who needed help.

Maggie, it's hot in your neighborhood too! We are supposed to get some rain tomorrow night. Enjoy your yellow flowers! How nice of the guy to give them to Will for you!

​Hope you all enjoy a fantastic Friday tomorrow!