Old 07-15-2015, 08:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/262/165

Default Been a year...

...since I last logged on here. So sad. Heavier then ever. Tired of the weight. But this time I want to do things different. I'm so TIRED of forcing numbers on myself. This time I'm not going to weigh myself until I'm sure I am doing it for the right reasons. I feel like it's not about the numbers. It's about why I over eat. The emotional response. If It takes me the next 10 years to get all my weight off...isn't that ok? I sometimes think us significantly overweight people think we have to lose 100 pounds in the next year. It's just unrealistic in my mind.
I could really use suggestions for workout DVD's. Since I have never been this heavy, I haven't ever dealt with not being able to do the majority of moves. I have Walk Away the Pounds DVD's but I'm just not feeling them lately. I guess I just need to do them even if all I do is walk the whole time she does. At least then I'm still getting some exercise in. But if anyone has any low impact, just get your butt moving, DVD suggestions I'm open to them.
I already feel my brain resisting this change. I have had no pop today...and so I'm sure the lack of sugar is already making it's ugly self known. Man this is hard!
Bluehoodie2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:12 PM   #2  
Amanda

S/C/G: 272.5/see ticker/172.5

Height: 5'4

You and I are in the exact same boat, and it looks like we might be twins on our stats too! I was also thinking of not weighing myself every day, but maybe waiting till the end of the week/2 weeks/month. And it's perfectly okay if it takes 10 years to do it, as long as you do it the healthy way

We can do this! And I'm totally looking forward to any tips anyone posts. Personally, I lost my first 5lb when I started doing Zumba at my gym, so that might be an option for you too?
DreadPiratePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:24 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Make small changes and build on them. At heavier weights it is easier to lose with smaller changes that are easier to manage.

Build on the small to make something big.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:14 PM   #4  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I also have Walk Away The Pounds DVD but a few months ago I also bought Valerie Bertinelli's work out dvd and I like it alot.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 09:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 370/352/180

Height: 5"11

In the past, I've youtubed workouts that were good for my size. You can start easy, like I have, and work your way to more complicated ones. I have a couple that I like, even if I can't do all the moves with them yet. His name is FitnessBlender. Some of the workouts are impossible to do at my size but I take some of the easier ones and modify them to work. Some exercise is better than none, right
Newfie Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:16 PM   #6  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I think you should definitely do what works for you. There's no need to be dependent on a scale figure and a specific timeline if that doesn't work for you. This is a life long journey so we all need to learn to stick to good habits irrespective of the scale because one day we'll get to goal and we'll no longer have that reinforcement (I know- I got to goal and then regained some weight back) and so it IS important as you say to have healthy habits anyway. The scale and timeline goals are tools but they may not be useful for everyone. We're all unique experiments. Keep trying till you find what works for you. Something will. And if you keep at it, you'll get to goal.

Re: workouts, I only started running outdoors recently. It's definitely a lot more interesting than running at the gym. I'm not even an outdoorsy person but there's something about getting out and being physical that is somehow much more motivating. So maybe look into taking some of your walks outside if you can. As far as video dvds, Jessica Smith is a great trainer and has really good dvds but even better she has an awesome YouTube Channel (JessicaSmithTV) with great playlists and challenges for all levels of fitness, definitely check her out. I also really like Chalene Johnson's Turbo Jam and I think it can work for a variety of workout levels and it's fun and empowering and kickboxing-y and it is a nice change from walking workouts and it basically helped me find my love for working out.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote