South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 07:24 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Wonderful Weekend - July 11th & 12th

Sunshine and no rain in the forecast! Last night the dogyard was alight with fireflies! I just love fireflies and used to catch them in a jar when I was a kid and try to read in bed with my self-made light.

All my calendar says for today is to pick up bread for the Mill but I'm sure something else will pop up to "fill in the time"! (I hate that expression and hear it a lot from some of the bored old ladies.) I'm hoping to do some sewing/mending and have a few garden jobs waiting for me.

A week from today the Hyper Pypers arrive for a week at the cottage and life will be hectic with two more dogs added to the menagerie. (The cottage they rent is really classy and does not allow pets or small kids for that matter.) Of course they will want me down there for dinner most nights - lots of fun but hard on dieting.

Time to get my butt into gear and tackle the day. Hope you have something FUN planned.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:52 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Hi Ruth! Your day sounds absolutely wonderful! I hope they don't come up with too many other things at the mill and you can enjoy your day at home! Thanks for getting us started this morning.

I slept in a little bit and since this is my last day off I started downstairs picking up all my accumulated clutter.I plan on getting out in the yard for a little bit but I need more coffee first. I met a nice lady at these meetings I've been going to on Fridays and she teaches water aerobics. There's a class at an outdoor pool today from 10 to 11 so I picked out my swimsuit upstairs and think I'll head down and do that. Will stop at my health food stores and pick up a couple of things, as well. I don't know how motivated I will get after I get home. I will find some relaxation time, for sure!

I hope everyone is having great weather for the weekend and enjoy your Saturday!
Old 07-11-2015, 08:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning ��

Ruth I remember catching fire flies too. They still make me smile when I catch a glimpse of them while walking the dogs.

Debbie water aerobics sounds great. Especially if your weather is anything like ours today.

Lazy me took the easy way out and ordered groceries online again. The benefit is I can resist buying tempting foods. I am at threshold weight as I call it. I made my annual appointment with the obgyn for September. So that is my motivation date to be under goal.....even if only an ounce lol.

Going back for a little nap. Not sure why I am so tired, but giving into it. I don't care how tired I am tomorrow as my plan for the day is a nice bike ride and nothing else. If I go to Joe's tomorrow I'll bring the bike and ride by my favorite farms. I think my soul could use the change in scenery.

Have a great one
Old 07-11-2015, 08:36 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. We have a beautiful day out there but I am currently moving slowly; just sipping my coffee and relaxing. Had a great day out in the flower gardens yesterday weeding and cleaning up the edging. Today I am looking forward to going to the craft fair in the village.

Ruth, may you get your "me" time.

Debbie, way back in my younger years I taught a water aerobics class when I was a lifeguard at the Y. It is a nice change of pace.

Jennifer, I could get into ordering groceries for that same reason. Otherwise it is hard to stick to the list. And if I were you I would not feel guilty at all. With the hours you work you have to prioritize your time.

Off to scrounge up some breakfast. Have a great day, chicks!
Old 07-11-2015, 09:08 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It is a lovely morning here too, sunny and cool right now. It is supposed to heat up so I will get outdoor chores done early.

Ruth - You don't seem to be someone who ever needs to "fill in the time" Enjoy the perfect summer day.

Debbie - Relaxation sounds perfect

Jennifer - A farm ride sounds nice. Speaking of, need to get my bike back out. The problem with having so many outdoor interests is fitting them all in!

Beth - Edging is seriously lacking in my flower gardens. Everything kind of rambles into everything else. I need to find time!

Lots to do, as usual, My parents are visiting this week, so we are trying to get a few things done. Dinner Wednesday night will be interesting. My Dad is the pickiest eater. It's funny, I remember him being much more adventurous with food when we were kids but now he is kind of a PIB. I'll probably just grill him a burger and make a tomato cucumber salad. Maybe I'll make something more interesting for the rest of us.

Microwave is beeping so it's time to make the hummingbird food and hang laundry. Happy saturday!

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-11-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I had barely finished my coffee earlier, when Jake wanted to run an errand.

Ruth, I'm sure you'll find something to "fill in the time" today. That expression sure makes life seem like a drudgery for some people, lol!

Everyone else, enjoy your day! It sounds like everyone has some fun and relaxing plans for the weekend.

I enjoyed my two days at the beach, and would have loved to stay longer if the owners weren't having a houseful of guests over the weekend. I'm getting ready now for our monthly Red Hats meeting. We're going to a "high tea" at a tearoom in Reading today, and I'm really looking forward to it. Speaking of which, I'd better get on the ball and leave now!
Old 07-11-2015, 01:20 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 2"

Jennifer I can't imagine being able to order groceries to be delivered. We live 12 miles from the store. We try to tie grocery shopping with another trip out to conserve gas.

Beth I'm afraid to go out to check the veggie garden after having hard rains every day this week!!!

Finished good book and pot of coffee, now no excuses, gotta get going.

Sandy, struggling with South Beach but still trying
Old 07-11-2015, 03:46 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2garden View Post
Sandy, struggling with South Beach but still trying
Anything we can help you with?

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-11-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Cyndi, a couple of summers ago I got really upset with DH when he mowed over a few of my perennials, but it was really my fault since the grass/yard had merged with the flowerbed. (I don't have any of that infamous black plastic edging or anything else). Ever since then I make a bit of an effort to create an edge so it doesn't happen again. I must admit, it does look neater but it is a bit of work.

Last edited by Beth19; 07-11-2015 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:16 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Sunday morning! We are now in a stretch of real summer weather - heat and humidity! It's even hot in the Old Stone Mill but staff are surviving well with a few fans. (I was down there only twice yesterday - once to deliver bread and again for an interview with a reporter from the Toronto Globe and Mail.)

Today will be quiet, I hope. I have a "date" to go to dinner in a classy new restaurant in Gananoque and then we are going to the theatre to see "Blind Date". I'm looking forward to both but hope I can handle a late night since tomorrow is a busy day. Maybe an afternoon nap should be on the schedule?

For now though, another coffee on the back deck with my furries as we watch the day unfold.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's a beautiful Sunday morning here! I have the doors and windows open to catch the deliciously refreshing breeze while enjoying my coffee.

Other than shopping for groceries, I have no special plans for the day. It's looking to be the perfect day for relaxing and sipping lemonade under a shade tree.

What's everyone else up to today?
Old 07-12-2015, 07:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Ruth a date!!! How exciting. Just remember if he treats for dinner a true gentleman won't expect "anything" in return. Always carry a quarter in case you need to call for a ride home lol. Enjoy your evening sounds like fun.

Linda I too have the windows open. No breeze just comfortable, but it won't be later. Having lemonade under a shady tree sounds perfect.

I'll be going to Joe's later today. I am going to ride after breakfast before it gets too hot. Otherwise just catching up on laundry. Nothing thrilling here these days.

Stay cool chicks!
Old 07-12-2015, 07:38 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks It is lovely here too. We still don't have the a.c. in (it's challenging to get it in the window), I am hoping closing the blinds on the sun side and keeping the fans running on the river side will do the trick. Cricket prefers sleeping on the floor if it gets too warm. Maybe we should all do that

Beth - My DH ran over one of my currant plants more than once last year. We thought it wasn't coming back, but it seems to be bouncing back one more time. I mark all the gardens with rocks (we live on ledge, rocks are plentiful), so no danger from the mower.

Ruth - Sounds like a fun evening.

Cottage - Apparently it is Simplicity Day. Sounds like you have the perfect plan

Jennifer - Good idea, I think I will get out for a walk before the heat sets in. Might get a short walk to the river tonight, just so Cricket can wade.

Sandy - I love Amazon and Thrive for groceries. Wish I could do all my shopping online. We do have several farm stands within 5 miles, so we can always find food this time of year.

I should get going though it would be simpler to sit here with my coffee for another hour
Old 07-12-2015, 08:17 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning! I slept in a little bit then got out and refill the hummingbird feeder, fertilized all the flowers and got my smoothie made. Now I'm sitting and enjoying that final cup of coffee. Enjoy your day everyone! Ruth, enjoy your date. It sounds like fun!
Old 07-12-2015, 08:30 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Never made it in here yesterday, ended up having to go into work in the morning and didn't get home til 3 p.m. but did have a lovely afternoon with my girls.

On the agenda for today not sure but hopefully just relaxing.

Ruth enjoy your date

Jekel enjoy your bike ride

Cottage how did your red hat event go yesterday?

Cyndi I will have to check out thrive to see what they have

Debbie have a good day.

to everyone else
Closed Thread