Old 07-08-2015, 03:24 PM   #1  

Default Housekeeping Question

I know that in the scheme of things this is minor, but I find it such a pain to wash the bowls and dishes that are used for may of the meals. The Oatmeal in particular, or the mashed potatoes, among others, stick to the bowl. Even if I rinse immediately after I eat, the stuff hardens up.
I find that even in the dishwasher, which is new and works like a champ on everything, there is a stuck on residue that has to be scrubbed off.
Anyone else find this to be true? Any solutions, besides a little more elbow grease?
helou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:44 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

It isn't minor, it is a pain cleaning up this stuff! I don't do any of the foods like oatmeal and potatoes, I mainly do shakes, bars and soft bakes. I just don't find the others palatable. But I have found that I have to rinse my shaker jar, and keep it soaking until it goes in the dishwasher right before I run it. And don't leave a dirty shaker jar in the car if you can help it, it stinks to high heaven in no time!
Monkeysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #3  

Thanks. At least it isn't just me. I also regret buying the oatmeal. I thought I'd get used to it, but I find them sickening.
Do you do anything different with the soft-bakes, besides just following the directions? The brownie is OK, but I find the chocolate chip doesn't come out the same way any 2 times. I've tried baking and the microwave. I think the baking is better, but who knows.
helou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:45 PM   #4  
Get the fat outta here!

S/C/G: 313/163/163

Height: 5'11"

I have found my bowls hard to clean as well! They definitely need a soaking before going into the dishwasher. It's kinda gross - that stuff is going in our bodies
I guess we need to keep the liquid dish soap on hand, and keep on soaking!
MoMo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 11:53 AM   #5  

I use the extra large dishwasher safe plastic bowls you can buy in the storage container aisle in the grocery store. They tend to not boil over and they wash up so easily! Haven't had any sticking problems.
sherilynpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I know it is annoying, but I always washed my oatmeal bowl right after eating. Only takes 30 seconds or so with hot water. I also found they tasted a lot better made into muffins instead of oatmeal: Medifast Oatmeal Muffins
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 02:36 PM   #7  
Medifast Dieter

S/C/G: 237/.../169

Height: 5'1"

I rarely wash my bowl after eating... I usually do the soak thing for a while first.

I'm glad you posted that recipe. I've seen it in the past, but the other day I ran across a couple packs of oatmeal and I thought... ugh what am I going to do with this???

Last edited by ginamay28; 01-15-2016 at 02:38 PM.
ginamay28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/206/190

Height: 5'9"

OK, surprised no one else said this. The residue is from protein.
The meals are high in added protein, and it sticks.
But the protein is why you lose your cravings and feel full.
Like any proteinous food, you want to soak right away with
dish soap and cold water. Like eggs, cheese, etc. Protein shakes start to
decompose especially fast, so you can soak the bottles for a few hours (if on the run) but wash them within 12 hours.
As far as putting it in your body, you mean protein? Lol!
keikoasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:22 PM   #9  

Cold water is actually better for rinsing the residue off. before I learned this, my method was to soak in hot water for along time. What I was actually doing without realizing it was just letting the water cool down enough.
susan4 is offline   Reply With Quote