South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 06:34 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wednesday SBD Chat, July 8

Good Morning

Cool and damp here....I turned on the heat and put a turtleneck on. Good news is that I have some errands in Denver and the pups can go with me. My new work shoes are waiting which is clear across town but that's ok. I went down last night after work and met my friend from Glenwood for dinner. She's the one who was in the hospital with the heart virus. She is staying close to her doctors for now and is staying with her cousins. It's nice for me to see her once a week. Other than that....boring....

Coffee IS ready and I am too!

Join me!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-08-2015, 06:58 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. As predicted we had rain last night and a lovely coolish day is ahead.

I was expecting a quiet and calm day yesterday but it was not meant to be. The Town Hall was rented to a summer theatre school and Monday went well until late in the day when the Township roadies decided to dig up the road at the bottom of the steps. They are planning to pour a concrete slab "later in the week". We had to reroute everyone through the fire exit yesterday. And then ... the water went off! We had to go buy bottled water and our staff got a lesson in how to flush a toilet using water from the creek. Later in the disastrous day, smart Allisa figured out how to bypass the water filter and we were back in business for toilet flushing at least. I'm sure glad the health inspector didn't do one of her surprise visits.

Today just has to be better! I think the bed and mattress I bought last week with my Metal Money will be delivered and I am going to avoid checking in at the Town Hall or Mill! I may even unplug the phones!

Debbie, I wish my two pups were better in the car. Jazz just goes to sleep but Millie is just excited out of her mind and goes from window to window. For safety reasons, she's in the back seat and we only do short trips - to the vet and groomer, for example.

Time to tackle some neglected domestic tasks and move some "stuff" from the room where the new bed will go. It's the room where I slept when I visited as a little girl and I intend to sleep in there once or twice to see if it makes me younger.

Have a happy Camel Day - and I hope it's just the one-hump kind!
Old 07-08-2015, 07:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, and it would be a form of torture here to be wearing a turtleneck with the heat on. Our heat and humidity is oppressive, and we're looking forward to another stormy day.

Debbie, have a nice dinner with your cousin and I pray she is recovering well.

It was a busy day at work yesterday, with the girls in both horse events and hunt camp, and I anticipate today will be more of the same. It does make the day go by faster, though, and I got home in time to do a couple loads of laundry and make a yummy veggie sausage stuffed zucchini for supper. If it's not raining when I get home tonight, I need to pick my edamame beans and get them in the freezer. The rabbits have decided they like them, too.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth! Good luck on having a quiet day, and I hope you get your new bed all set up without any hassles. Do you have an answering machine? We usually just let our machine pick up phone calls so we can filter out which ones we want to answer and which ones to ignore.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Debbie - How is Bing feeling? I hope your friend does well

Ruth - *valium* *cough, cough* (LOL)

Linda - It cooled off nicely here, still humid but only...65 degrees right now, high of 74 I think. I just turned the air off.

It is my first day off! Just in time, my body is tired. Except I have lots of niggles today to leave tomorrow to see the in-laws. Our Arts Fest is downtown, I didn't plan well to bring the kids to the library to get books for the trip, when we're going to have to fight the arts crowd (and it's children's day...duh...).

I did my PT exercises this AM (aren't you proud?), and the animals were thrilled I was laying on the floor. I had the dog on one side getting as close as she could and pawing me, and the cat (she's the bi-polar one with a very loud purr) curled up against me on the other side. It was pretty funny!

Hope you have a great hump day! Mike, mike mike mike mike
Old 07-08-2015, 08:06 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Debbie. I can't believe you are wearing a turtle neck. Have a nice time in Denver

Ruth. Wow what a day. Hope today is easier.

Linda. I had to chuckle when I read about your planting of onions. I planted swiss chard and have 9 healthy plants and am the only one eating it. Although I did sneak some into soup which dh enjoyed. Will have lots to freeze. Looks like the rabbits don't like it.

Tammy. Hope you vet to rest up too. Make the most of your time off

not much new here. Im off to weed the garden as soon as it dries up.
take care
Sophie
Old 07-08-2015, 09:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks. I didn't realize it had been several days since I stopped by. Busy, but nothing exciting or interesting here.

DH spent last night at his mom's. She seems to be declining faster and faster and I'm concerned that she is still on her own. He has finally started researching some services for keeping her in her own home but I'm afraid it is too little too late. I've done some cleaning in his absence - so much easier that way.

I don't think I've reported yet that my poor son in PA has bed bugs! Looks like maybe it was caught early and his apartment isn't very large so it could be way worse. But he needs three more fumigation treatments and has had to bag up many of his possessions. Never thought I'd be so happy to live far away from him!

My eating hasn't been great lately, probably because of lots of drama going on at work. But DH seems to be realizing he has to get fit for a hiking trip in less than 10 weeks which might help on the home-front. He can be a horrible influence!

Have a great day.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:07 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Woke up at 5:30 this morning but refused to get out of bed so I woke up at 7:30 a.m. much better since I took the day off. Today is DD2 Birthday, it is going to be a rainy day but temps are in lower 70s so that is nice. I need to go wake her up so we can finish getting ready for the party this afternoon.

Debbie it must be cold if you had to turn on your heat and wear a turtleneck.
I am sure the pups will be glad they get to go to town with you.

Ruth you never lack for excitement that is for sure

Cottage hope your days goes by quickly

Tywnn hope you get everything done so you can start resting

Sophie enjoy your gardening

Karen that is one of my biggest fear when we go to hotels is that there will be bedbugs or that I will bring some home with me in my luggage

Have a great day everyone
Old 07-08-2015, 10:19 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! Just a quick flyby; we are going to see my parents. My eldest brother and SIL will also be there which is nice.

I am resolved to get back on track starting Friday morning and will enlist DH's help. He can sometimes be a poor influence.

Happy Hump Day ,chicks.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:56 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks!!

Sorry, been MIA. Still eating on plan and have lost 40 pounds since I started on January 3rd!

I hope everyone is well. Will read up soon! Have a great day.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies! Just popping in to say hello. I have found an apartment that is less than 5 miles away from work. My cousin is coming in over the weekend to help me get moved in and settled. I'm super excited! I think it was Jekel that asked, but no, my roommate isn't going with me. This will be my place and mine alone. Super excited!

Anyway, just checking in. Time to go get ready for work! Hope everyone is doing well.
Closed Thread