General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:52 AM   #1  

Default I am so confused!

I'm so confused with the whole calorie in, calorie out deal. How much should I actually be consuming? Should I consume less calories than I burn during workouts? is that how it's suppose to work? Do I factor in my BMR?
ab88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

You want to eat fewer calories than your BMR and exercise combined (but it's mostly based on your BMR). If you go on an app like MyFitnessPal, you can put in your weight loss goal (1 lb. per week, 1.5 lbs. per week, etc), your activity level, and your height and current weight and it will help you estimate how many calories a day you should be eating to reach your weight loss goal. When you exercise, you log in the activity and you can choose to either eat those extra calories or not.

I hope this answered your question!
GordonGirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #3  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

GordonGirl's idea is excellent. I'm one of those that does not factor in exercise calories at all, but it's a matter of personal preference. You will discover what works best for you as you try the calorie suggestions "on for size," no pun intended.

As my signature reflects, I would suggest documenting your weight on a regular basis, so you can keep track of what brings you success. Good luck and God bless!
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:17 PM   #4  

Thanks for the replies!

I actually have an event to go to in 4 months so I'm trying to lose a good amount by then. More than 1-2 pounds. It would take too long. I *think* I have 90 - 100 pounds to lose. (been chunky all my life so I don't know what a good size on me is yet) Right now, I'm trying to lose about 60 pounds in a short amount of time (so I can fit into the dress) and the rest of the pounds can come off slowly.

According to the BMR calculator on myfitnesspal, my BMR is 1,795.

Right now I am weight training 3 times a week with a circuit dvd (it has cardio and weight training) along with the other cardio workouts, I'm working out about 1-2 hours per day, 7 days a week. I space my workouts out throughout the day in half hour time frames.

I eat 1200 calories on average per day. Sometimes it might be 100 to 200 calories more.
ab88 is offline   Reply With Quote