South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 05:08 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday June 26 and Another Week is Gone!

Slow down Time! Woke at 3 a.m. and reviewed the month in my head. Too much rushing around and not enough time to just "be". I'm going to work harder on that before it's suddenly September.

Yesterday was better than Hump Day. I did not set foot in the Mill Office, just checked the staff at the Mill where all was well. I picked up schoolwork early afternoon and even had some time to do some front flowerbed tidying. The peonies and lupins are done but the lilies and Shasta daisies are starting. Gardening always makes me feel serene. I even put the tomato cages onto my wee cherry tomato plants - they are tiny now but ...

Today I go to town for ten to get a haircut and may pop into Fabricland to get some fabric for a project I have in mind. I just cannot resist a Buy 1, Get 2 Free Sale! This afternoon I will do the lovely drive to Westport to pick up the rest of the schoolwork from two schools. It goes to the Fair Hall on Monday morning but will be on my diningroom table over the weekend since I need my car empty for bread pickup in the morning.

I am definitely scheduling some porch time with the doggage this weekend and maybe even with some humans! I am also definitely NOT going to the Strawberry Social in the next town. I will treat myself to lovely fresh berries here at home.

Let's get Friday done with and gear down (or up) for the weekend. What are your plans?
Old 06-26-2015, 07:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cheers to Friday!

Ruth, I hope you do take some time out to visit FabricLand and indulge yourself. Enjoy yourself at the hairdresser's, too. I was supposed to get my hair done yesterday, but my hairdresser is still without power. I sure wish I could accompany you on that pretty drive to Westport!

It's looking to be a busy weekend. My dad is still without power, but his neighbor ran a line from his generator, so he's doing OK for now. PECO says his power should be restored by this afternoon. I'm going to take him out for a drive and lunch, then we'll stop for groceries since he has to replace most everything in his fridge. We have to pick up a prescription at CVS, too, and I hope they are finally open. They've been closed since Tuesday, as have many businesses in the area.

My DD has movers coming tomorrow to pack up and ship her household goods to Illinois, and they'll be staying overnight with us before they leave Monday on their drive out west to their new home. I'm happy and excited for them, but it sure is going to take some getting used to, to have them so far away. We're having a big family cookout on Sunday so everyone can come and wish them well on their new adventure.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:47 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Wish i could be in PA and NJ this weekend for many reasons. Hugs to all! I can't believe your DD leaves Monday!
Old 06-26-2015, 08:06 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Awwww, summer vacation. I am sipping my coffee, it is a pleasant and sunny morning, and life is good. We actually don't have rain in the forecast for 2 days in a row.

Ruth, I'm glad yesterday was calmer and that you have some enjoyable things on your day's agenda. Enjoy your haircut and drive.

Cottage, I can't believe the storm was so nasty! I'm sure it is bittersweet to have your daughter leaving. Enjoy your last bit of time with her.

Me? Not sure what is on my agenda. Probably some garden time, but mostly, whatever I want.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Well we had some whopper storms last night and this morning. The storm last night took half our pear tree down, luckily it went down into the yard versus the deck but we can't get off the back deck until we cut it up as it is blocking the exit. I will consider us lucky.

Ruth I hope you carve some me time into each day so has not to be rushing around so much.

Cottage it has to be tough, you wish them well but will miss. I am looking forward to my DS moving out on his own but at the same time know I will miss him being around.

Beth enjoy your day

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-26-2015, 08:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Linda that must have been one heck of a storm! I'm sure it will be tough seeing DD and her family moving. Nice that you have a family get together before they leave.

Ruth have fun at Fabricland

Tammy, all good yesterday. For once I finally get a year until my next squishing. The breast imaging radiologist did a second ultrasound and had me to an enhanced Mamk after I had the 3d one done in the morning. My girls were not happy lol. The biopsy site from last year and the calcification clusters are stable so hopefully they will stay that way until next year.

I took off today. Tonight Joe's DS graduates HS. For once the kids were granted enough tickets so everyone can go. I bought a maxi dress on a whim in April so I am actually going to wear it. I am a neutral/solids dresser. This dress is multi colored with a paisley pattern. I'm stepping way out of my comfort zone wearing it. At least it is long so no need for panty hose Whoo hoo....Spanx yes can't be lumpy looking with his ex wife there lol. Guess I better get moving looks like I better touch up my tootsies today
Old 06-26-2015, 08:52 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Skip the trip to Fabricland! I just found absolutely perfect fabric in my quilting stash for my project! I also found some things that should go to the Thrift Shop - another day.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:58 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

(It is still morning here)

Ruth, always nice to pull from the stash instead of buying new!

Jennifer, enjoy graduation! I'll bet your dress is stunning! I love color!

Linda, a bittersweet weekend coming up....glad you get to spend time w/Dad today and help him w/refrigerator stuff.

Beth, glad you finally get to do what you want to do!

Pearlrose, too bad for the pear tree but very fortunate for you! It could sure have been worse.

I didn't get here yesterday. I did the one day trip over to the other house. I got a soak in the pool and was going to stay the night but it was too hot for Bing. We headed back to cool....then couldn't sleep but finally got a little rest early this morning. I'm off to Denver for a meeting/lunch then hopefully will take it easy this afternoon. I already did my several hours of yard work.

Can't believe it's Friday!
Old 06-26-2015, 09:37 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Ack, got busy early this morning and never did make it in to post. My DD and family are visiting the 4th of July weekend and we are in high gear getting things ready. Of course, the gardens are keeping me pretty busy too Back in the morning
Old 06-26-2015, 11:27 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I'm super late today girls. Work was busy but I was off early, did the grocery shopping, and am officially on vacation, which means lots of deep cleaning in the house, a little decluttering (might as well go through fall/winter clothes since we're off,) and back to school shopping next week. I'm going to hit the garden again after four straight days of rain, so I expect to have more giant veggies.

That's really all I have. I shouldn't have a snack so close to bedtime but my tummy says raaaarrr so I might have to, while Chris is in the kitchen cooking pasta. That's ok, I'll find something OP to munch on....

P1D5 nearing an end. Only mild headaches today so I think I'm almost through the worst of the 'flu.' I'll check in tomorrow after garden!

Lisa
Closed Thread