Old 06-24-2015, 11:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 126(PM)/116(PM)/100(AM)

Height: 4'11

Default To the ladies out there, help me out/PMS

Hi lovely ladies of IP,

I searched and searched this forum trying to find a similar thread but no luck. So here I am. Apologies if there was a previous thread/post.

So....how do you guys deal with PMS/TOM while on IP? I think I am currently dealing with PMS, as I usually get my period at the end of each month. Symptons: feeling extra "big" (water retention?), feeling crabby, feeling very hungry, and feeling weak. This always happens every month.

I know it's temporary but it is insanely frustrating because it tempts me to cheat (wish I could go get a large bowl of pho right now and a mud pie from red robin on the side lol). plus, I have my week 3 weigh in tomorrow, and I have a feeling that it won't be a good one due to my water retention.

help please
littlelulu1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Think about what it is that draws you to your TOM comfort foods and try to find something IP compliant that will fill the bill until TOM cravings are over. My biggie has always been a combo of salt & fat (cheese & tortilla chips/Crispy minis) so I used the broccoli cheddar soup for my cheese craving and you could use the chip/crisps as a combo, 1/2 n 1/2. Broth is allowed so for the Pho you could just make a broth with no carb bullion mix or real bone broth and just don't add the noodles as everything else is allowed. Bean sprouts are a select veggie and you are good with all the other ingredients. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/authentic-pho/ Mud pie involves cold creamy chocolate, so you could do up a chocolate drink or pudding and freeze it for an ice cream like consistency. One of the gals just posted a quickie faux ice cream recipe with ice and a bit of water and a chocolate IP drink with added mint flavouring in it. I think it was CenTxChk.... Or possibly sgrealtor.

Use the imagination to figure out what your trigger is and sub it. It can be done and it's only for a few days, lol. You will still likely be bloated and have an uptick or stay steady but you won't have deviated and you will learn new coping skills and any uptick will drop fast! Hang in there.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:51 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4

Fist bump littlelulu1212 - I'm right there with you this week! I did still manage to lose over a lb at my weigh in today so don't lose hope!

I'm distracting myself with a nice cup of tea and online shopping. Distraction works wonders for me.
Lizn2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Been horrible with IP because we are releasing estrogen stored in the fat cells. I've been having PMS like I haven't had since after the birth of my first daughter
Agree with Liana though - try and find IP subs for the foods your craving. I am making a rhubarb cobbler tonight to scratch my sweet tooth and had chocolate mint Porto thin pudding last night - not a big chocolate eater but crave it like crazy during TOM...and the rhubarb cobbler is amazing
I also suffer from extreme fatigue and have been letting myself rest - no walking or exercises that will stress my body out even more.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 189/177/145

Height: 5"7

I spend hours on Pinterest looking at the clothes I want to buy when I hit goal.

I also have this dress that I've never been able to wear (it was a gift) that I try on every time I want to cheat. I am determined to wear it and it is SNUG. Distractions are the best. But if I need something more, I have another IP or Quest item. Then I feel less awful about cheating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizn2000 View Post
Fist bump littlelulu1212 - I'm right there with you this week! I did still manage to lose over a lb at my weigh in today so don't lose hope!

I'm distracting myself with a nice cup of tea and online shopping. Distraction works wonders for me.
Putinka121 is offline   Reply With Quote