Old 06-22-2015, 12:45 PM   #1  
back in the game

S/C/G: 220/185/100

Height: 4'11

Post Under Arm Hangs, Any Tips On How To Get It Toned?

im going back to the gym soon, doing cardio and maintainig a healthy diet is the plan, but i just cant seem to "shake" the stubborn bat wings.
flippinlildolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

running strangely enough helped me a lot with these. also rowing.
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/139.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

Try doing some tricep toning exercises.
circa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:24 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4

Overall body fat loss is going to be the key, because as we all know you can't "spot reduce" any area.

Aside from fat loss, adding muscle to the area with triceps exercises is going to fill things out and give you more of that shape that you are looking for.

The problem is that most women either don't eat enough to support muscle growth, don't lift heavy enough weights to support muscle growth, or a combination of the two.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:04 AM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Responses to these sorts of questions are some of the most annoying things EVER. I feel similarly to all the "how to prevent stretch marks crap". You simply cannot "fill" bat wings unless you got super muscly.And I'm TALKING SUPER MUSCLY!!!!

They will either slowly shrink up with time (can take up to three years) or it will not.

Yes, diet, "CAN" inhibit the body from doing it's thing in shrinking up skin if you are malnourished , but gosh darn it people, STOP saying you can do this or this or this to get rid of loose skin!

Maybe you want to have hope that your skin will bounce back hearing these wive's tales helps, but by saying if you do this it will, you are basically thumbing your nose at everyone who does THAT and still has loose skin.

It's a lot genetic, age, and perhaps length of time you were overweight.

Tell to this person's face that if they ate right, or lost weight right, or toned right, they wouldn't have loose skin, OK?

Ok, that's not arms. Here are arms. Which aren't mine when I lost weight, but could have been... And I "lost" right. I "exercised" right. I lifted heavy and guess what, my arms and muscles were strong and toned and SHOWED (A personal trainer was might impressed with my triceps especially) and I had major bat wings.

So, the answer is, truly, time will tell - time and a healthy diet. Strength training is good for you, so do that, but don't do it expecting to get toned arms with no bat wings. And IF your bat wings slowly disappear with strength training - it wasn't the strength training. It was TIME.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:42 AM   #6  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Berry, your answer is so true.

Unfortunately, after losing 55 pounds, I just recently noticed my bat wings have gotten worse. I'm still a bit sad about it but I hope in time my skin will shrink, and eventually I'll build more arm muscle (but berry is right - it would have to be an awful lot of arm muscle in my case and I'd just rather not do that haha!)

Sometimes we just have to accept the things about our body that we most likely cannot change, and hope for the best.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:05 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4

Berry thats a very extreme example though. At no point did flippinlildolphin say that she had excess skin to that extent, she simply said that she was having issue tightening up that area.

Before you jump in and state that the replies given are annoying and "wives tales" perhaps you should get clarification as to the extent of the situation.

She may have loose skin, but she may also just have some excess fat, in which case the advice I gave (continuing to lose fat and adding muscle mass) is sound.

If she DOES have loose skin to that extent, it's going to take surgery to fix it.

I would like to give her more credit and assume that if that were the case, she would have said so.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote