South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 05:02 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Marvelous Monday, SBD Chat, June 22

Good Morning!

Coffee is on and I'm working on pre-work niggles. Yesterday was super busy but all went smoothly! It was my best $$ day of June. I'm sure today will be a bit of a letdown. Especially since there is lots I'd like to be accomplishing at home right now. I'm on the countdown until DH returns. I've got the sheets in the wash and am coming up with my mental plan for the week ahead which does include a trip over the hill. Right now I think I'll just go sit outside and enjoy another cup of coffee!

Happy Monday everyone!
Old 06-22-2015, 06:10 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie. It's nice to see another Early Chick already on the Beach when I cluck in.

Well, first on the schedule will be to head to town to get my new single mug, red Keurig! I will drop off the bank deposit on the way and deliver schoolwork tags on the way back. School ends on Wednesday so the teachers will be scurrying around this week getting the Fair entries organized. I'm just keeping a big box of tags in my car all the time.

My friend Anna has four people from Holland staying with her for four days. They asked about hotels in Delta and were a tad shocked to learn there are none. They are former students and Anna is not only having them as house guests but also feeding them. She is 85 and is running out of steam she admitted to me yesterday. I just finished prepping a big sausage, mushroom and pepper casserole for her to pop into her oven for dinner tonight. I'll deliver it late afternoon and bring along Jazz at her request. She adores him and her guests never heard of therapy dogs. If I had more energy, I'd invite them here for dinner but I'm kind of dragging my butt too.

So on we go with Muggy Monday. It will be very humid later so today may be the first day to run the AC. So far no unbearably hot days but it's really only the official start of summer.

Happy Strawberry week around here!
Old 06-22-2015, 06:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Debbie, I hope you enjoyed your coffee before getting busy again.

Ruth, so nice of you to help your friend out by providing supper for a night! I guess Delta is really getting busy now, what with all the campers in town, eh?

I'm eager to see what awaits me at the farm this week. I have the oldest at camp and the other one home from the shore, and it's supposed to be in the high 90s all week. We'll either be hanging out at the pool all day, or finding things to do indoors. One thing I know for sure, there's never a dull moment!
Old 06-22-2015, 07:38 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Wow, we are making up for our rain shortage in May. I am not complaining, the soil was still dry where the roots are, hope this last batch helped. I will get out and weed today. They should come up easier after the rain. The lawn needs another mow already but needs to dry more before I attempt that. Yesterday I added a few Bangle pepper plants. I wanted one, but they were in a flat of 4. They are just so cute, I couldn't resist. The plant lady wintered one over in a pot and it already has peppers on it, a new project for winter

Debbie - Coffee on the porch is the best way to start a day

Ruth - I'm sure that casserole will be appreciated. We have been putting off the ac but the humidity is a bit much. This might be the week here too, especially if I run the dehydrator.

Cottage - Enjoy your day

Okay, time to start tackling that To Do list for the day. Yesterday was very busy and productive. Unfortunately none of the things we got done were on my list
Old 06-22-2015, 09:39 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Busy day at work already, have back to back meetings today. The temps are supposed to be in the 100's today with heat index, will definitely have air on in the car on the way home, almost needed it on the way in this morning it was so humid.

We did end up going to Six Flags yesterday for a few hours, DH enjoyed himself.

Debbie sounds like you have a plan for the rest of the time.

Ruth that is nice of you to do dinner tonight for your friend

Cottage enjoy your day whether it be by the pool or inside

Cyndi sounds like your plants are coming along

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 06-22-2015, 10:07 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey everybody! Finally a nice day with only 20% chance of storms! Today is P1D1 for me, wish me luck! Busy day at work, and afterwards I'm meeting my mom at the garden to stake up the tomatoes and put in a trellis for the cucumbers to climb. It's all worth it to have organic produce!

Gotta get running but going to post my menu real quick so I stick to my guns! Had a weekend full of indulgences due to all the Father's Day celebrations so it's a great day to start clean!

Have a good day everyone!

Lisa
Old 06-22-2015, 05:28 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 2"

Agree with Lisa organic produce helps. DH put our fresh onions, bulb and gree part, too, with lots of chopped parsley in our morning eggs.

Yesterday was fun with DD's Art Exhibit at Gallery and Reception. Long day but I enjoyed seeing her celebrate with her Art Buddies. The head of the Gallery did such a good job and judges chose some unique pieces for awards.

12 hours on road including early Mass at 8:30 and got home before dark, exhausted but feeling good. Fresh trout, kale and fried green tomatoes made a unique meal that we didn't have to cook nor clean up from. AND home safe. I chose chocolate mocha ice cream for one meal and savored every bite. Chose NOT to weigh myself today.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:35 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening chicks. Days sure are busy at this time of year! After work I took a walk, spent a bit of time in the flower bed (always weeding to be done) and made dinner. DH grilled burgers so I just made the sides, and then did cleanup duty. Also had to make DH another batch of the PB ricotta muffins. I think the man is addicted!

But I am not complaining! I love the long daylight, and we had a beautiful day of sunshine. I love June.
Closed Thread