Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:25 PM   #1  
Nutrisystem

S/C/G: 191/191/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Wink Newbie on Nutrisystem

Hello,

Wondering if anyone would like to say how they are doing. The Nutrisystem discussion groups are all closed down. Would love to talk to anyone that is on plan or even on maintenance.

Please come aboard love to talk to you.

Melanie
Melsie52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:54 AM   #2  

Hi Melanie!
This is my first week on Nutrisystem also. I don't find it horrible...dieting is horrible anyways. I've been able to keep myself full (veggies!), drinking water (which I always do anyways) and exercising (yuck). My first weigh in will be Tuesday. I also would like to lose 50 pounds. Ha!! Why would they close Nutrisystem forums down? Seems silly.
Maureen
Puffin369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 224 / 198 / 180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melsie52 View Post
Hello,

Wondering if anyone would like to say how they are doing. The Nutrisystem discussion groups are all closed down. Would love to talk to anyone that is on plan or even on maintenance.

Please come aboard love to talk to you.

Melanie
How is it going?
LyseeVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:54 AM   #4  

I just got my food today- will start Tuesday (day after 29th anniversary). Should probably just start tomorrow since i will be a Sunday...
jackiemc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 4"

Hi! I started Nutrisystem two days ago. I like that I dont have to cook, I think the food tastes really good. I find the portions super small, but thats always been my problem..portion size. I am not focusing on how many pounds I lose. I just want to feel better physically.
sixmonths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:36 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 4"

day 14. down 14 lbs. WOO WOO
sixmonths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:08 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

I just ordered Nutrisystem and will be starting this weekend. I am excited!!
SocialWorkMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 02:48 AM   #8  

Height: 5'3"

I've been at it 20 days I think. I've only lost 3# and those are pounds I often go up and down anyway, so not too exciting, still it is moving in the right direction very very slowly. I usually do well at staying under my calorie limit but I don't always eat as healthy as I should. Right now I'm out of snacks (they didn't send me enough or else that's to start me learning to make my own?) and doing the day I do fine, but for the evening snack is when I tend to get off track.

I don't mind the food ...have found only two I just couldn't eat..made myself eat 1/2 and threw rest away. I've customized my next order which I should receive in a few days...so should be more the things I like, but still a few to try.

Even though I haven't lost much, I do feel more slender and somehow just feel better.

Good luck to you!
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:47 PM   #9  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 173.5/ 156.6 /145

Height: 5'4"

Default Thinking about trying Nutrisystem

Hi everyone... I need some structure in my diet and I am thinking about trying Nutrisystem. I would like to lose about 30 pounds. I tried Nutrisystem about 10 years ago and could not tolerate the food. I am interested again because they offer frozen options. Any feedback on how the food tastes now?
Thanks!
luv2clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:18 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2clog View Post
Hi everyone... I need some structure in my diet and I am thinking about trying Nutrisystem. I would like to lose about 30 pounds. I tried Nutrisystem about 10 years ago and could not tolerate the food. I am interested again because they offer frozen options. Any feedback on how the food tastes now?
Thanks!

I tried it for a week, but had to return the food because it was giving me severe gastrointestinal problems. The food wasn't great, but I would have done it for a few months if it wasn't for the negative digestive problems I was having. From what I read online, some people think it's the sugar alcohols they now use, or maybe the fiber that they add to bulk up the food (or some combination). I wasn't crazy about the bars, about half the breakfasts and lunches they gave you in the basic plan that they pick for you were bars. Month 2 I was just going to pay extra and pick my own meals.

Anyways, what I ended up doing was buying my own soups and frozen meals (Amy's, Lean Cuisine, Trader Joe's) at the grocery store, and for breakfast I made my own muffins that I portioned out and froze, and also I have some cereal that I will measure out on alternate mornings (plus veggies and a fruit, a cottage cheese snack pack or a low sugar yogurt for a snack). It did help to get myself back on track with the portioned meals from Nutrisystem for a week. I hear some walmarts carry 5 day kits you can buy, perhaps you can try that and see if you think the food is tolerable. Good luck.

Last edited by catwoman22; 01-03-2017 at 10:57 AM.
catwoman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:52 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4

Hi Everyone!

It's my first day on Nutrisystem. I'm super excited. What is your typical day like? I haven't supplemented any veggies or fruits yet- mainly because I was unsure.
daniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

FYI - if you do Ebates and Groupon. You can get a 4 week plan for about $100. deal ends tonight. Groupon 9% if you go through ebates. And, groupon WINTER25 gets you another 25% off. ends tonight... ETA - i have never done nutrisystem and have no idea if/how it works.

Last edited by Nightowlrn; 02-04-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/157/135

one week of nurtisystem I am down 4 pounds!!!

Can someone tell me how do I get the weight ticker at the bottom of the posts?
TeamsterGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:49 AM   #14  

My mom got me started on this program. She began with the fast 5 and lost 8 pounds in the first week. I am on my second day and so far so good. I feel that the food is very good a flavorful
Molly Larkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/157/135

Good Luck on this diet!!! I love it and its so easy too
TeamsterGirl is offline   Reply With Quote