Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-08-2015, 03:18 PM   #1  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Default Plateau Frustration

Ugh. Twice a day workouts, calorie cycling, resting, not resting, you name it....and I'm plateauing. It's KILLING ME! Quick, encourage me!!! HELP!
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:04 PM   #2  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

So you've been at the same weight for a month or so?
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/ see tracker / 135

Height: 5'8

I'm having the same problems. I got a lot of answers but someone told me that you're doing good things to your body. If you keep doing them, eventually they're going to show. If you give up, it will show in the other direction. And you have worked too hard to go back.
hepzibah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/139.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

Plateaus are the worst. My weight loss stopped completely for about 3 months and my waistline didn't change either. What helped me was to eat something drastically different that I would never typically eat on my low carb meal plan. I had a loss the next day. You could try a new food, new type of exercise, carb cycling, intermittent fasting, etc. something you may not have tried yet. Maybe introducing something different will help the body get back to burning fat again.
circa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:40 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

circa83, what do you mean by "eat something drastically different that I would never typically eat on my low carb meal plan?"

Do you mean you ate some carbs?
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:35 PM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Have patience.

As long as you are eating a healthy, balanced diet, fueling you workouts properly, sometimes, it just takes our bodies a bit to catch up!

Sometimes, you might need to take a step back, and look at what you are doing and tweak it!

This is a process, it does require, keeping track, tweaking, and patience!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

You are so close to your goal that you must stay motivated. The light at the end of the tunnel is there. You just remember that the lighter you get the more work it takes to get rid of a pound. At this stage I would look for nonscale victories. Take photos bc while the lbs might be dropping, you may be transforming without even realizing it. You're probably toning with more muscle since you are working out so much. This may help with the motivation. The numbers tell us only part of the story. You got this!!!!!!! Keep going.
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:55 AM   #8  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Thank you, Kiwi I'm looking for those NSV's. It's just getting difficult. Now, I'm gaining. I don't know what the deal is. I was on a steady downward trend and now...nothing (for more than a month, thanks)
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:12 AM   #9  

I hit the same thing very near 40 lbs down. My weight didn't change at all for 3 or 4 weeks. I was ready to throw in the towel but I got a lot of encouragement and decided to buckle down and ride it out. I went back to logging every bite that went in my mouth. I had gotten a little lax and may have been eating more than I thought. Then I started c25k. I really think the interval thing of running a minute or so and then walking a minute or so is what broke the plateau. The big thing though is that even though my weight didn't change, one day I realized I had spent the whole day pulling up my pants! I stopped at the store and sure enough I had dropped a size!

All of that is to say don't give up! Stick with it and the scale will start moving again.

Last edited by Chubabub; 06-11-2015 at 12:13 AM.
Chubabub is offline   Reply With Quote