Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 08:29 PM   #1  

Question I'm New and have ?"s

Hi I am scheduled for a lap ru-ny gastric bypass on the 29th of August and was wondering how long that I will be recovering form the procedure? I know that I have 6 weeks of healing on the inside but was wondering how I am going to feel 2 1/2 weeks after surgery? Thanks
Old 08-10-2003, 09:45 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

you'll be up and around, but moving slowly and you'll be tired.

what exactly are you planning at 2-1/2 weeks??? a marathon?
Old 08-11-2003, 09:20 AM   #3  

I have a convention in Atlanta and the Dr thought that I could still attend. I know that I have to be on liquids or soft foods at that time. but wondering what to do about my airline ticket. If I don't feel up to it I will not go but I am a positive thinker and feel that all will be ok. Marsha
Old 08-11-2003, 09:40 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

hmmmm. how do you feel BEFORE the surgery? quite a few people are kind of weak and sickly beforehand, and it's not really a great idea to rush into anything right afterwards. BUT, if you're really active now, and don't have any breathing problems and you have lots of energy, then i'd say go for it! you might want to arrange some 'invalid transport' around the airport just so you don't get overtired before the real fun begins....
Old 08-11-2003, 09:54 AM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

May I second the transport at Atlanta Hartsfield Airport.........big, huge airport, very busy.....you could get run over. Walking is good for you post-op, but the hustle and bustle at that airport may just be a little too much.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:09 AM   #6  
Old Cackler

oh good heavens yes!!!!! all those LINES and STANDING AROUND and that little subway with no seats!!!!!..

DEFINITELY get transport around...
Old 08-11-2003, 06:13 PM   #7  

Thank you so much for the input. I thought of airport transportation this morning. I am going to try for it as long as everything goes well and I am a positive thinker.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:42 AM   #8  

Just wanted to welcome you Grammie,
Keep asking questions... cuz there's gals here that are more then willing to try and answer them. I am somewhat new myself waiting to be rescheduled for surgery !!
Cindy
Closed Thread