UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-10-2003, 01:44 PM   #1  
on my way down!

Talking Slimming World'ers!!

Well becuase we both work full time i needed some dinners that were supper quick and no fuss...

So i went on a quest to sainsburys to find some thing i could use! I was pleasently surpised...we eat mostley green days as my partner is baisically vegitarian except for beef.

I found some of their 'Be Good To Yourself' Range is quite good and have bought some items and written down the sins

Anyone else use shop sauces etc and find them any good?? please share
Toryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 01:51 PM   #2  

Hiya

I make a lot of sauces myself and freeze them in batches. Passata is brilliant for all tomato based things and low fat cottage cheese or quark for creamy ones.

That receipe for the flan is as follows:
1 large tin of corned beef (lean); 3 eggs; 200grms of very low fat cottage cheese; pinch of mixed herbs; salt & pepper; onion.

Chop the onion finely and cut the corned beef into small cubes then mix them together. Line a flan dish with the mixture then blend all the other ingredients together and pour over the top. Pre-warm oven No. 6 and put in oven for about 25 minutes.

I prefer this cold but you can eat it hot whatever... cold you can take if for lunch with a salad and it's SIN FREE

You could also substitute the c.beef for vegatables for a green day or very low fat sausages

Dee
Yo-Yo Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 02:08 PM   #3  
on my way down!

That sounds like a really nice recipe!! I will have to try it

I made a bolognaise sauce last night that 1/2 sin on an original day and it was really yummy...was expecting it to taste like dishwater since its a slimming world one no offence to slimming world i just dident expect it to taste nice since it was good for me!!

But it was really nice

Whoever invented spray light was n angel!!
Toryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 11:28 AM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Tory, I'm on Slimming World too. I eat quite a few low fat ready meals and my favourites are:

Quorn fillets in a mushroom and white wine sauce (0 sins) - serve with flavoured rice and brocolli and green beans. Yum

Quorn cottage pie (2 sins)

Quorn Sausages (0.5 sins) great for sausage sandwiches or a casserole.

We tend to use Ragu pasta sauce ( basil & oregano) which is 5 sins for half a jar which between 2 of you isn't too bad. I tend to mix half a jar with tinned chopped tomatoes.

See ya!

Amanda
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 11:37 AM   #5  

Hi, The flan can be made without meat too if you make up a pasta n' sauce recipe (the dried pasta with sauce stuff from (I think) Batchelors/ There are other makes but some may have points. Basically I think the pasta is the base, then mix up the cottage cheese and eggs plus onion etc. I haven't made it myself but we have eaten it at the club.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 11:39 AM   #6  

Passata is free. You can add herbs and onion and pappers, mushrooms to it to make a nice pasta sauce. If you want a @non meaty@ @meat taste' add minced quorn so get a sort of bolognese.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:12 PM   #7  

Hiya Peacock 2 (what happened to no.1?)

Are you a slimming world person as well? I find this to be the easiest of them all I've done WW/Rosemary Conley/Countdown version of slimming world and I have to confess this is the easy one for me.. I tend to stick to Red days mainly but I do green every now and then when I feel like a carb fix

Good luck
Yo-Yo Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 03:48 AM   #8  

What happened to number 1 I guess I must have eaten her! It was me but I couldn't get back so I have to change it slightly. I miss the fat cat picture.

Yes I find SW (I am a green day person permanent as I am a vegetarian) very easy but I am also very naughty and have been stuffing my face whilst on my hols. However I find it easy to do SW as well. It is the only 'diet' (I know SW don't like to use the word) that I find does not give me a headache or (rare for me) constipation like WW did. I am not stroppy on this diet (if I am it is not down to SW!!). I LOVE that I can eat spuds and pasta!
Old 03-20-2004, 04:03 PM   #9  
Must Stay Motivated

Ooh, am thinking that I might make that flan this week. Never thought to use cottage cheese or Quark for sauces - yummee.

I think that maybe some of the syn values have changed since then as I know that I checked the quorn and mush and it had syns so I will check this before eating - lol.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 05:39 PM   #10  
Must Stay Motivated

Just had a thought. Does cottage cheese/quark melt down well for sauces then? Might have a go at making a quorn lasagne substituting a cottage cheese or quark based sauce instead of white sauce (or cheese sauce as I prefer - lol). Could make it completelely free that way and then just grate cheese on individual portions for my family and I can choose to have cheese as a healthy extra.
Superwitch is offline   Reply With Quote