General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248?/173/130

Height: 5'8"

Default What are you doing?

I love talking weight loss and would love to hear how other people are doing it. It's always fun to hear ideas and other people's take on them. It's cool to see how different things work for different people, too.

So, if you want to share your current plan or what you tried that didn't work for you or whatever, please do!
Stripes 237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:24 AM   #2  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Hi!
I have a short chat with myself everytime I want to eat. This is because I eat for ALL the wrong reasons. I made this thread about it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...eedlessly.html

I call my journey the Respecting my Body Diet

Basically, it consists of the following:

I eat when I'm hungry. For me that's a BIG deal.

I don't exercise. I just use my reason. I avoid anything that has to do with numbers. Only number I keep track of is my weight, once in a week.

Though I have a goal weight, numbers are not an objective for me. It's all about things that I can do now which I couldn't do (wear dresses, bow down to pick things, easily get in cars, sit in lotus position, cross my legs' sleep well at night, no back, knee and ankle pains etc)

So far, it's been working for me. I started in January and so far I've lost 15 lbs.
I gave myself 2 years to lose 60 lbs, so on my own terms I 'm kicking it, slowly but steadily, I'm kicking it.

Last edited by thirti4thirty; 05-26-2015 at 07:26 AM.
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/178/160

Height: 5'9

I love reading what others are doing as well. Especially things that work for them that I may be able to incorporate into my current plan. Or free trainers that I may have overlooked online.

My current plan is a 1300-1500 a day calorie intake (it depends on how hungry I am for the day). I use MFP to count. Then spurts of exercise throughout the day. 10 minutes of cardio when I first wake up. 15 minutes of weights on my break at work. I have a floor pedal at my desk that I try to use for most of the day (very slowly, just so I keep moving). And lastly 30-40 minutes of cardio dancing/toning in the afternoon. I use two different free trainers on youtube for the morning and evening workouts. Fitness Blender and Super Hero Fitness TV.
amy_beth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:04 PM   #4  
fluffy

S/C/G: 204/201/174

Height: 5'6''

I'm on almost the same calorie intake as you are, amy beth88! I see you are super active, good for you! At what pace are you losing weight?

Me, I have two challenges - Eating (1200-1500kcal per day) and running (4 times per week).

It's like a safety net for me - if I fail one challenge, I still have the other. So if happens that I ate too much I can say to myself: "Maybe I'm not losing the weight so fast, but I'm still getting fitter," or the other way around. It's my personal plan of not beating myself up too much. I developed it after a hundred diets.
Velvet bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/178/160

Height: 5'9

Oh I wish I could run. I wanted to start jogging instead of cardio dancing but I have never been a runner/jogger. Also it's really hot and humid where I am, I prefer to work out in the a/c.

It depends on the month for the weight pace. With this current program I've lost 5 lbs in the last month or so, but I lost a little over an inch from my waist, hips, thighs, and arms. I think I was doing a little too much toning last month. So what I wrote up there was upping the cardio and toning down the toning. Still there, just not as much. I also upped my calories from a strict 1200 only 3-4 days ago but I've lost a pound since then. I was doing an hour of cardio/toning and 1200 calories for the 2 months before that and was consistently losing 2 lbs a week.

I try to switch up my routine every month, or at least switch youtube trainers. So it gets kind of hard to judge the pace. But overall I've lost 70 lbs in 10 months with 30 to go.
amy_beth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:12 PM   #6  

I love reading what others are doing. It is definitely motivating.

I am doing weight watchers points plus. I have been on the program for 7 weeks now and I have lost 11.6 LBS. It could have been more, if it wasn't for my birthday. That weekend we just kind of let ourselves go and that week I gained almost 5 LBS. However, that being said, I am pretty happy with 11.6 LBS in 7 weeks. I would like to get down to 150, maybe even 140 Lbs, so I still have a bit to go.

I am also working out with T25 4-5 times a week, which feels pretty good!
Becs08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:03 AM   #7  
fluffy

S/C/G: 204/201/174

Height: 5'6''

Becs08, I don't know what WW are exactly, so - can you explain it to me in a few sentences? They sound like they're doing their job. Don't beat yourself up about your birthday, you only live once.

amy_beth88, nobody is a runner until they are. I was a hater too, until I tried jogging lightly one time and wasn't repulsed by it.
Velvet bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:40 PM   #8  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I have tried variations of things, but what I found worked great for me last year (until I got derailed with starting working) was a lowish carb diet (under 100 and about 60 net carbs) and doing a variation of intermittent fasting. I have coffee with quite a dollar of half and half and then a protein bar around noon or 1 pm. Then nothing till dinner which is around 7 pm. Then I eat a big, low carb, filling dinner. And then nothing till morning. I too have found that I can fast easily and then enjoy a big dinner. It's still lowish carb and clean, but plentiful and it's the meal we all eat together as a family, so I get to eat socially and heartily at the same time.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:04 PM   #9  
Makin it stick

S/C/G: 208/ticker/155

Height: 5'7''

I do Focus T25 daily, and also try to get in some extra exercise (usually walks) on as many days as I can. I also aim for between 1200-1500 calories, depending on the day, and drink LOTS of water.
superherothin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 248?/173/130

Height: 5'8"

I've really enjoyed reading all this. I really love reading all the different ideas.

Me, I'm trying to take a healthy focus. Eating normal amounts of healthy foods. I tend to overdo the treats when I allow them, so I've cut those out. Some days are harder than others. Today, I want some lemon cake with tart lemon curd between the layers and thick, sweet lemon buttercreamy frosting. It's been rough Not Making that today! I'm going to have some fruit instead.

I'm logging my food again, paying attention to micros and whether or not I'm overdoing it with oils and other kinda-hidden things that add up fast.

Exercise. Ugh. It's too hot/humid for me to be doing outdoor stuff that doesn't include water and I don't like indoor exercise, so I'm not doing the best job there. I will have to work on that.

I used to really enjoy exercising, but don't right now, so it's an issue with forcing myself into it.

Last edited by Stripes 237; 05-31-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Stripes 237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I'm back on weight watchers. Someone asked for a brief explanation. Basically WW works on a points system. Each food is assigned a number of points based on fat/carbs/protein/fiber. You're assigned a target number of daily points (I think 26 is the minimum) plus 35 extra that you can use (or not) however you want through the week and you can earn more through exercise. Its just a different way of measuring what you eat each day really.

I also signed up today for HelloFresh meal deliveries. It's not really a diet plan, but the meals are supposed to be 400-800 calories each, so it's reasonable to work into WW for me. It's a delivery once a week of all the ingredients and a recipe card for 3 meals a week (serves 2, so, since I'm single that's 6 meals a week). I get my first delivery Wednesday of next week and I'm hoping it will help me get back in the groove of cooking instead of eating out all the time.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:31 PM   #12  
Homeschool Consultant

S/C/G: 335/273/150

Height: 5' 6"

I used to be on weight watchers but did not like using the extra weekly points or activity points. When I was diagnosed with Celiac disease in July of last year, I had to rethink my plans and decided to start on my own by eating gluten free options and keeping track of my caloric intake (protein, fat, carbs and sugar). I was consuming about 1600 calories but have recently dropped it to 1400 per day.

I began the 5:2 plan last week. It is a plan where you normally eat you allowed calories five times a week, but two days a week you fast on 500 calories. My fasting days consist of 100 calories for breakfast, and 200 calories for lunch and for dinner. On my fasting days, I try to stay busy by working on outdoor projects or declutter and organization projects in the home. I picked Monday and Thursday as my fasting days. My first week on the 5:2 plan, I lost 1.8 pounds.

My goal is to lose about five pounds per month. I have support from my niece who lost over 150 pounds in about 3 years. She now competes in marathons. She is my inspiration.

I exercise daily by doing my Peggy Cappy yoga DVDs and I am taking a Zumba class at our local community center (I do modified movements since I have bad left knee). Now that summer is coming, I hope to do exercises in the pool at our center, to lessen any strain on my left knee.
blue_meets_green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:23 PM   #13  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_meets_green View Post

Respectfully snipped.

I exercise daily by doing my Peggy Cappy yoga DVDs and I am taking a Zumba class at our local community center (I do modified movements since I have bad left knee). Now that summer is coming, I hope to do exercises in the pool at our center, to lessen any strain on my left knee.
I love Peggy Cappy! I just got Yoga for All of Us out of the library, and bought her Yoga for the Rest of Us DVD set at Goodwill. Yoga helps with so many issues! I've enjoyed the yoga classes that are available at the local gym, too.

I recently changed up my approach to 1200 calories a day. Seem to be continuing to lose steadily. I think I may like just having all my calories in one two or three hour period of the day. I'm a big fan of feeling full and satisfied, and this way I can get that once a day, for several hours, with a nice, big, several course meal. We'll see how it works!

Oh, and I'm hopefully trying my first Zumba-type class next Saturday at the gym.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:07 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes 237 View Post
I love talking weight loss and would love to hear how other people are doing it. It's always fun to hear ideas and other people's take on them. It's cool to see how different things work for different people, too.

So, if you want to share your current plan or what you tried that didn't work for you or whatever, please do!
i love to hear too . for myself i think i should say that i am a failed one on weight losing but i didn't quit so still want to have a try .
yes .try again !!
clairelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:14 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 164/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

I just started the 21 Day Fix. I like the idea of the containers vs counting calories or points. I'm not doing the exercises, though. I will walk and swim for exercise.
beaner0620 is offline   Reply With Quote