Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-19-2015, 01:17 PM   #1  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Default I really think I'm okay with this Plateau...

So, for a little over a week now, I seem to have come to a hault on the weight loss front. Instead of a slow downward trend, I keep staying in the same three-ish pound range 146-149. I'm not really surprised, plateaus seem to be the norm, I was actually expecting one sooner.

Is it weird though that it doesn't bother me? I know some of the tricks to try and overcome one, but I font really feel any pressure to lose weight now. Don't get me wrong, I want to get to my goal, but, why should I make myself uncomfortable doing it?

I don't want to go below 1400 calories. I'm exercising regularly and eating pretty healthy. My regime hasn't changed, I haven't slacked. I'm still in a deficit, I know if I keep doing what I'm doing I'll eventually get through, even if it isn't until after my one year anniversary trip.

I might be more sure to make healthier choices, and enough water, this weekend has still been eating in a deficit but eating lots of treats for a special occasion. But otherwise, why the pressure? It might not even be a plateau after all

Anyone else ever feel that way? Think its a potentially dangerous mindset of a healthy one?
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:24 PM   #2  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

I think since you're still on plan with eating and exercise, you're doing just fine. I wouldn't worry about one week at a particular weight. That's completely normal and to be expected. It should get moving again if you stick to what works for you. I think your mindset about it is very healthy, and I'd keep that up.

Congrats on your progress, btw!
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:27 PM   #3  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I wouldn't even consider one week a plateau, but either way it's awesome that the numbers on the scale aren't bothering you! Woohoo! That is a big accomplishment, something that many people struggle deeply with.

It's not a dangerous mindset at all. I'd say it's a great place to be, mentally and physically. Keep it up
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:22 PM   #4  

Thanks! I know it would have bothered me a few months ago. I've just never done this journey before and my goal is to make my first time my last time! I want to benefit from the experience of people here and apply it.

I won't even call this a plateau then... I'm just used to seeing, even at a miniscule level, some drop. Obviously some days I bounce back up from not drinking enough water or something, but over three-four days, the trend is eventually down. But I guess that was just the beginning stages then! Thanks everyone
Old 05-19-2015, 02:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

It's always a healthy thing when our minds are not bashing and criticizing us. It bums me out that most people think they have to punish and berate their bodies to bend to their will. Your body is doing its thing, keep treating it right and it will treat you right.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:54 PM   #6  
Mandy

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'5'' or 165cm

I felt the same thing recently! I seem to not get out of the 130s no matter what, but since I'm enjoying all the other benefits of a healthy lifestyle (more energy, feeling better in general) I'm just keeping it up without crazy amounts of restriction to get past it.

It is great, though! Once you see that these changes are really benefiting you in many ways, and that your effort is paying off in tons of other areas of your life. (:
wendybirdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173.5/158.8/120

I hate when I plateau...I wish I could have your mindset about them!! I get obsessed with overcoming them...like right now...augh!!
kahaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:18 AM   #8  

I only lost 1.2 pounds last week and it's been driving me nuts. Of course if I saw me posting here about it I'd say "1.2 pounds is a perfectly healthy and respectable amount of weight to lose in a week and you shouldn't be upset blah blah blah." But it does upset me. It makes me want to hit the gym really hard or cut some more calories to blast through it. /sigh
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:37 PM   #9  

A pound and a half is actually my regular weight loss per week! O definitely used to be more like that.. So I understand. Something in me just clicked recently though. I think part of me honestly wouldn't mind the break. Not from the lifestyle or anything, I actually love food WAY more now, love what my body can do when I'm fit. I just wouldnt mind a break I think from all the weight loss comments. "You're wasting away!" That's not to say I don't appreciate the kind words from others. Totally understand why they do it! Just not used to so much attention.

Last edited by SenseAndSensibility; 05-20-2015 at 12:37 PM.