South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-11-2015, 03:03 PM   #1  

Default Considering the South Beach Diet

I have been walking for 6 weeks now and have not lost any weight. In fact, I gained a pound. I also use a gym for strength training. I feel like I have a good fitness routine going.

Now it is time to really focus on my nutrition. I am considering the South Beach Diet. I am going to read the stickies and check out the food list. I don't have the book.

Any tips?
losinitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:34 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Get the book for sure so you have all the information. It's been out for a while and may be available used. It's important to understand the concept behind this way of life.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:06 PM   #3  

losinitnow, I am starting my 2nd week on SB. And I can tell you that I feel better now then I did a week ago. (Unfortunately I forgot to take my weight and measurements a week ago, so I don't know how I did that way)

But I will say I feel better by just following the plan and getting rid of excess junk food and needless eating.

I would get the book like Ruth mentioned. The one thing I really need is support and that I think will be a problem for me. I appreciate 3FC, but there isn't a lot of activity from starters on the plan. Unless, I am looking in the wrong place.

But the plan is diffidently doable. Give it a try, what do you have to lose that you don't want to.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:58 PM   #4  

Thanks I will get the book
losinitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:20 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hi losingitnow, welcome! I love SBD and find it very easy to follow. It was a mental paradigm shift to feel ok about having some fat and lowering carbs for me when I started (back in 2010), but now all the news is saying this is the healthiest way to eat! An easy primer for Phase 1 (although I definitely agree you should get the book) is to eat the following each day:
-at least 4 cups of veggies
-2 servings of dairy
-1/2 cup beans or legumes
-unlimited lean protein
-cheese if you like it, within reason
-healthy oils and fats including nuts

When you move on into Phase 2, you'll start adding fruits and some healthy carbs. But get the book - and post here!
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:46 PM   #6  

Mmckellen, how do you get in those 4 cups of veggies? I am assuming you are not talking about beans when you say veggies?
sugarstarts is offline   Reply With Quote