Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 07:06 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Smile Another thread for peachie!!!

peachie I woke up this morning thinking about you.........I remember how I felt the weekend before my surgery. Excited, scared.........you name it!!

The Almighty above knows that I am not the most frequent of church attendees......but I will be praying hard for you.

Can't wait for our next chick meet!! Joisy here we come!

just love this little guy

love ya my friend!!
Old 08-09-2003, 09:38 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Wow, Peach, only 2 more sleeps!!

Know that Im thinking about you!!

Love Robin
Old 08-09-2003, 05:34 PM   #3  

Peach I know you will do great! I will be praying for you! I remember right before surgery the excitement I felt, the starting a new journey!

The not knowing, but let me tell you 6 months later it sure has been a lot easier than I thought it would be. All those poor foods that I told goodbye to those last couple of days, and now I realize that I will someday eat those things just not like I used to, and most of them I could care less about today!

It makes me so happy to know that in a couple of months you will get to feel the joys that us posties are feeling!

Oh and most important ENJOY the drugs!!!

Hazel Oh yeah Debbie I know why you like these guys so much.....because they look like us walking!!!
Old 08-09-2003, 06:58 PM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

Oh Hazel.......I didn't think about that

Hazel Debbie walking at Stonecrest Mall

peachie what are you having for you final meal before surgery??? I was so boring, I had a burger and greenbeans didn't even have dessert.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:03 PM   #5  
Hang In There

Peachie, I'm still praying for you. Hope to read your posting about your adventure soon.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:20 PM   #6  

You guys really are the greatest!

Yes! I am excited. I am also just a tad bit ticked off at dh. You all know how cheap he is. I wanted to get a manicure and pedicure and a dye job before I went in but he was too busy squeezing nickels so I look a mess.....well messier than usual. i told him that if I die, he damn well better close the casket. My not Jiff sister said something about about how my niece will pick at my roots if they lay me out looking like this. I always did love that girl!

See....this is why I am going to pull through just fine....I am too mean and vain to let go.

My last meal was for mom's birthday. I made the chicken, spinach alfredo dish. Remember that one, Debkay? I threw it in the crock pot this morning. Served it over bow tie pasta. Yum. Double yum was the chocolate birthday cake!

But the thing I wanted most of all was a starbucks mocha frappe thing. I got that while out shopping for the bowel prep stuff. (oh joy and rapture) Except, I think I am FINALLY tired of eating so I took a few sips and gave it to dh. (um....edit here...I sipped the mocha frappa thing....not the bowel prep)

It took me three stores before I found the bowel prep stuff...must have been a run on it.

Surgery is scheduled for 9:30am on Monday and I am ready. REALLY ready. I am not looking forward to tomorrow...well, maybe I'll get a bottle of hair dye and dip myself in the bucket.

I can't wait to feel better and to throw out these terribly ratty clothes that I have been wearing. A cheek bone would be fun to see too.

gotta run,
love,
m.a.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:50 PM   #7  

Oh Peach you crack me up! I told my family if I died to please cut my legs off and throw them out, because I did not want anyone stuggling to carry my coffin. I figured that was a good 100 pounds. They got mad at me for being so morbid!!

Don't worry about the hair, take pictures now and later color it and you will look so much better that people will say things like"that weight loss made her look amazing"!!

Mmmmmm have fun with the tasty bowl prep stuff!! MAKE sure you put it in the fridge!!

Hazel
Old 08-09-2003, 11:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Hey Peach!

I'm more a lurker (I mostly post in low carb) but wanted you to know we're ALL !!! rooting for you.

I'll be thinking of you on Monday - best of luck!!!
Old 08-10-2003, 12:26 AM   #9  

Oh, Peachie-Keen, sweetie!!!! I will be praying for you & sending comforting/healing vibes your way until we hear from you again! Good luck, darlin', and I know you will do just great with the surgery.

I like the idea of taking the pics now when you aren't your best so the 'dramatic' changes will be even MORE dramatic!

Hugs and kisses, Peachie - I will be thinking of you, friend.

Kel
Old 08-10-2003, 12:27 AM   #10  

Peachy I'm thinking of you hon! ((LOVE YOU)) take good care of yourself now honey
Old 08-10-2003, 03:02 AM   #11  
Refreshed

Another lurker here.

Wishing you the best! Sending prayers and good vibes your way.

Sincerely,

April Marie
Old 08-10-2003, 08:48 AM   #12  
she who must be obeyed

It's Sunday!! Bowel prep day? Where is the throw-up smiley when you need it.......Oh Ruthie, can ya see that we get one of those??

Yea cheap hubbies we know all about them, don't we. Hey, I like Hazel's idea of taking the pics now while ya look your best/worst so that when the after ones are taken you really look good.

Thinking really, really good thoughts for you!

Old 08-10-2003, 03:59 PM   #13  

this almost slipped by me!

I've been absent lately and the dates got away from me! Oh, Peach, I'll be thinking of you all day tomorrow, and I'll call Jiff to check in. You are going to do great, and the drugs should be fun. can't wait to talk to you,

love, dottie
Old 08-10-2003, 05:45 PM   #14  

Good Luck!

Please keep us updated!
Old 08-10-2003, 07:47 PM   #15  

Hey! Hazel....you know what? YOU crack me up too!!!! Thanks for posting your coffin story!!!!

Kfs, I know you...you are a friend of L's!!!! Thank you for the good wishes...they mean alot

Thanks Spot!!!! I thought of what you and Hazel said and I did not dip my head. I did have my sister take pictures...the one of my butt I think will be particularly attractive! Thanks. you're a great one! (warm fuzzies)

April Marie! Love that name! How sweet it is of you to come out of your lurker mode to wish me well. Thank you!!

Debkay,
These guys are for you and Hazel. Although I think this one is my favorite but this one does have a certain apeal to me too Gee...wonder why?

Pooky, do me a favour...sometime in the morning kiss that Miree for me for good luck!!! Thanks toots!

Luna! Thanks so much!!!

Hey Dottie! How are things with the house? Did you do the red chilli pepper motif in your kitchen? Aks Pooky, she'll tell you it is just right for you! You know, I am going to have alot of time on my hands now that I am not eating so maybe you want me to start crafting and painting cute little wooden chilli peppers for your new kitchen with cute little Mr Potato head eyes and stuff? No, I am not having the lobotomy and yes, we (I should speak ONLY of myself ) do need to be moderated and yes, I am looking forward to enjoying the good drugs...although I have promised Chickadee that I would share them with her.

Seriously, thanks for thinking of me. As soon as I can figure out how to eat real food again...wanna do lunch?

Love ALL you guys...thanks for pulling me through these last few days...it means alot to me.

peach
ps Note to self: when doing a bowel prep do not visit friends and neighbors and do wear ratty undies.

Last edited by peach pit; 08-10-2003 at 07:50 PM.
Closed Thread