Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-26-2015, 08:24 AM   #1  

Default I miss walking!

For me I've been walking for several months twice a day on a rocky, countryside dirt track road and managed to loose nearly 5 stone! I used to be 12 and a half and now I'm down to 8 and a half stone! Till one day I felt a sharp pain in my ankles..and this has been going on for months and recently seen a doctor and had an x ray. Now I'm just waiting for the app to discuss the results next week!

But my main problem is that apart from going swimming most days (which I don't really enjoy) I feel like for the most part I'm just sitting about in the house doing nothing and feel like I'm putting weight on and eating away..and wish I could go back out walking like I used to but I know I can't since it would make my feet even worse!..
colinreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:39 PM   #2  
Reluctant Runner

S/C/G: 255/229/150

Height: 5'7"

Ugh, I can imagine that's frustrating! What about biking? Too much stress on your ankles? That could be a good solution to get out of the house like walking.
VegTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:57 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Wow. You are teeny for a guy. I was 20 stone and lost 8(ish) to get me down to a respectable 12(ish).

Have you thought of doing some strength or weight training instead? It brings all sorts of benefits.

Last edited by IanG; 04-28-2015 at 06:58 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Swimming is good, it's a shame you don't enjoy it.

I'm with Ian on the weight training in the meantime.
autodidact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegTraveler View Post
Ugh, I can imagine that's frustrating! What about biking? Too much stress on your ankles? That could be a good solution to get out of the house like walking.
I've been thinking about cycling but I need to get round to purchasing a bike
Old 04-29-2015, 03:03 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
Wow. You are teeny for a guy. I was 20 stone and lost 8(ish) to get me down to a respectable 12(ish).

Have you thought of doing some strength or weight training instead? It brings all sorts of benefits.
Wow. Good for you man! Yeah I've started doing weights and I think I've found something that I enjoy. It's just getting motivated for it.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:05 PM   #7  

I had my ankle appointment today and the good thing is I can go back out walking again but the bad thing is I have a small crack/fracture in my left ankle which means I need to wear a splint for so many months till that sorts it into place and for my right foot I'll need to have a minor op on my big toe to fuse it and after the 6weeks recovery I can go back out walking!

Last edited by colinreid; 05-02-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:55 AM   #8  

Was supposed to get an op as of Friday 15 May 2015 for my toe on my right foot but due to having a rash and my calcium level still a tad low, had to postpone it for a few months..
Old 05-28-2015, 02:43 PM   #9  

Got a splint for my left foot fracture that apparently has bone cyst and after wearing it I can tell a difference already that I dont feel any pain but I have to wear it for 3months..and have a scan every 8weeks.