Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-26-2015, 12:55 AM   #1  

Default I've been binge eating all week and gained 7 pounds

I totally fell off the wagon. I lost 8 pounds in 2 months. Then this weekend, was very stressful. I've been having problems with my boyfriend. I've been binging like crazy, eating jars of peanut butter and ice cream. I gained 7 pounds. I feel absolutely horrible. My face looks bloated. I know some of it's water weight, but I feel disgusted with myself and hopeless.
whitelamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:39 PM   #2  
Mandy

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'5'' or 165cm

Hey don't worry! This is the best time to get back on the wagon. You'll probably feel a lot better by eating well now c:
And hey since you did it once, you know you can do it again! Esp. if a lot of it is water weight, right?
wendybirdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/210/125

Height: 5'5"

I went off my diet and on a big binge starting last January (regaining about 30 lbs) and finally managed to put on the breaks a week ago. I haven't weighed yet but I already feel soooo much better just knowing I'm back in control of myself.
FluffyFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:05 PM   #4  
Weight Loss Champion

LOL you feel bad? That's my story for the last 12 years, I gain and lose weight like nothing. But its not hopeless, just start from right now, make that change and forget that you screwed yourself a bit, because if you keep screwing yourself any more its only going to get worse, so stop the binging dead in its tracks, right now!!!
healthyfitlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Binge relapses are so hard for me to stop! I don't even know why they happen. But it does happen, to all of us.

Yours sounds like emotional eating. I'm struggling with that right now, I'm in a rotten mood and have to keep reminding myself that all this junk food at work (cookies, cheesecake, fudge, etc.) is not going to make me feel any better, or at least, not for more than the 60 seconds it takes to eat it. It's a hard argument to sell to myself!
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:01 PM   #6  

I lost 5 of the pounds. In 2 days. Which leads me to believe I lost the majority of the water weight. Back on track I go.
whitelamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/210/125

Height: 5'5"

Fantastic, Whitelamp, you just did a really hard thing!
FluffyFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

Question Have you considered a TOPS or WEIGHT WATCHERS MEETING for SUPPORT?

It sounds like you have a problem with Compulsive Over Eating. Sometimes its related to new hormones too like when you 1st start a new pill or when your body 1st becomes pregnant then too the hormones all work against your will power too.....? What do you think is causing the binging? Stress only? How about getting a check up ASAP just in case?
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:20 PM   #9  
Do you even lift, bro?

S/C/G: 125/109/110

Height: 5'3''

Try upping your calories. I notice that the only time I ever binge is when I'm undereating too much for a month or more.
Aidanqm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidstoat View Post
Binge relapses are so hard for me to stop! I don't even know why they happen. But it does happen, to all of us.
There is a reason they happen. It's due to restriction, and critical judgment of food choices. Diets are not designed to work long term, they are designed to fail so that you will continue on a quest to find the right one. The diet industry has no incentive for diets to work, just like the pharmaceutical industry.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:30 PM   #11  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelamp View Post
I lost 5 of the pounds. In 2 days. Which leads me to believe I lost the majority of the water weight. Back on track I go.

FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote