Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 07:31 PM   #1  
Hot Stuff

Default Mauvais, anyone? WW points question

Anyone know if there is a recommended point allocation per day for protein? (Like milk/milk products are recommended 4-6 points per day or 2 servings.)

I was asked if I could find this out. The "Getting Started" book I have doesn't specify, but I was sure somewhere the daily points allocation was broken down into recommended points for each food group.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:53 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Wildfire- when you get to week 6 you will receive a booklet called the Right Mix which talks about getting the right mix of points in to suit your needs.

There is a quiz you take to see which category you fall into and then a chart at the back you can follow.

I fall into the higher protein-lower carb category myself which puts me at 8-10 points I can spend on protein rich foods per day.

The highest amount for protein based points seems to be 10 per day.

You can either wait until week six or you can pm me and I can help you out since I have the book at home - there is just too much info to paste in here.

So feel free to pm me if you like!
Old 08-09-2003, 09:34 AM   #3  
Hot Stuff

Thanks, Mauvais!

I actually have all the material here somewhere, I just have to find it. I didn't have week 6's booklet at hand last night, but I should have it, wherever all the rest of it is stashed. I know it's all together, just not sure where!

I have some online friends on another site who joined WW Online and it's evident that the meetings are important to get that basic information! One woman ate three servings of Fibre One cereal and milk, and 4 cream puffs yesterday. She was okay points-wise, but nutritionally - not! They are stuck on the "I can eat anything I want" and not recognizing that you still have to eat a balanced diet. So I was explaining how you should spread your points out, 5 servings of fruits/veggies, 2 servings milk/milk products....but then I couldn't find the points for protein.

If I can't find my stuff, I'll PM you!
Old 08-09-2003, 09:41 AM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

You're welcome Wildfire!

While you can eat what you want on WW you still have to plan for it and count the points and as they say..."all things in moderation".

You are right- you still have to eat a well balanced and nutritionally sound diet. I don't think you can lose weight on the cream puff diet even it they count as your whole point intake for the day

If that were the case I would be on the dill pickle chips, buttertart and Fresca plan
Closed Thread