General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:33 PM   #1  

Question General starter questions :)

Hey! I'm young teen Female, 5'9 1/2, 121 pounds. My BMI says I'm underweight but I still have soft flab/cellulite all over my body. If a photo is needed to confirm anything, jus tell me and I'll add one.
My measurements: 32/34A Bra
29 inch bust
26 inch underbust
25 inch waist
35 inch hips
65'9" height
weight (fluctuates between 118-121)

Any tips? I'm currently on a 1100-1200 calorie daily diet and workout once a week at the gym. My trouble areas are thighs, underthighs, stomach, upper arms. Any tips to increase bust helps too!
amateurdieter7213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #2  

So, yes, at ~5,9 and 121lbs, that would indicate you're pretty slim - but I don't personally put much stock in BMI. Not knowing anything about your eating habits/background, I'd suggest that you don't need to lose fat, simply add some muscle to 'firm things up'.

1,100 really isn't all that much food, and could actually lead to physical damage if you keep your intake that low as a teen - your body is still growing/developing, and needs fuel to do it with! Eating too little is just as bad as eating too much, in terms of health and appearance. Aim for a MINIMUM of 0.8g of protein per kg of body weight (that's 45g/day, for you), up to 2.2g/kg (120g/day). Protein is important, especially while your body is still developing - it also helps to build muscle, which is what will add shape and replace what you describe as 'soft flab'.

I'd recommend bumping up your kcal to 1,800-2,000 (or more, if you can wrap your head around that) and adding at least 3 resistance training sessions (ie. weights!) a week to your schedule. Keep on with that for 6 weeks, and then reevaluate if you need to modify/tweak your workout and diet. Most basic calorie counters would put your 'maintenance' intake at ~2,000kcal, and you would actually need 200+/day more than that to put on muscle, so don't worry about eating too much - just so long as you're eating good food!

DO NOT add more workouts without increasing your food - and please, please, please do not drop your calories any further.

Beans, lentils, meat, fish, eggs, milk, LOTS OF VEGETABLES, some fruit, potatoes/yams, whole grains, etc. Enjoy your body, and enjoy your food - have fun!
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 05:41 AM   #3  

DO NOT add more workouts without increasing your food
mairypose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:36 AM   #4  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

Increase your calorie intake and pick up heavy things and then put them down.

You're skinny fat. To lose skinny fat the answer isn't to eat less. It's to workout and tone yourself up. You should be eating between 1905-2200 calories per day.
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:56 AM   #5  

If you are eating organic, healthy, whole foods you will not get fat. Avoid sugar (including artificial sweeteners), and fatty/fried foods. Eat raw nuts, fruits, veggies, and lean protein. If you want to tighten up, you're going to need to start weight lifting or doing body weight exercises. Maybe join a gym with good classes?
compass1 is offline   Reply With Quote