Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 07:56 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Weekday Chat started 4/20

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Here are a couple "older" .pdf files of many of Rainbow's recipes: Rainbowsmiles Recipes
and Rainbows IP Inspired Alternative Recipes

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:40 AM   #2  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Everyone! Hope you all enjoy this beautiful day!

I had a great weekend, though it's going to take me days to clean my kitchen and apartment. My friends decided to throw a party so I went a little wild with the decorating and cooking. I made all kinds of delicious things!

At least, I heard they were delicious. I didn't take a single bite.

At one point while I was cooking, I had some extra dough and filling, which I usually would have cooked and eaten as a snack. And it smelled so good... But it was just as fun to smush it around with my hands for a few minutes before I threw it away. :P

While everyone ate my goodies and punch, I had some orange drink for a snack, and ginger chicken with green beans for dinner.

A great success, and I can see my weight loss creeping up pretty high again. XD
Old 04-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #3  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

I haven't been posting for awhile because of lack of good wifi but we are sitting in Cortez CO getting ready to visit Mesa Verde. So sad that this trip is coming to a close but so ready to get home and get back on schedule with Protocol. It's been kind of tough at times because of the remoteness of some of the places we've been (S/SW Utah is gorgeous!!) and the lack of restaurant options but I did the best that I could (except for that slice of fresh out of the oven homemade quiche and sourdough bread prepared just for us at the B&B in Bluff UT - we were the only guests) . Oh and the one eensy (promise) bite of pecan pie in Pietown NM). I found a great grocery store at Monument Valley of all places and the prices were better on most produce than at home! Between what I packed from home and what I got there I was able to keep fresh veggies. Just an FYI: fresh broccoli and cauliflower keep really well in a good ice chest (up to 6 days anyway-that's how much I had packed).
I'll post some pics once I get home and figure out how to make them work with this forum.

Last edited by frawniemae; 04-20-2015 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:57 AM   #4  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Woke up to a combination of snow and rain, I think I am just going to craw back under the covers as I have nothing really planned now, I was going to go riding my friends horse but not in the rain.

Found some recipes using chyote squash from Rainbowsmiles... I want to try them!!!! I have used this squash before in stuffing and really like the flavor, just never had any other recipes to try it in. So that will be what I focus on today!

Going into my sixth day and doing well, but today and tomorrow will be a big test so to speak being my first 'weekend' back OP. I am really glad and want to thank Briael, She is already helping me not feel so alone doing this! I also friend-ed Oneuh2 on MFP. Thank you too. I need this support. I will likely be reaching out and trying to friend the others who seem to be doing IP as well, but would welcome friend requests as well. My name there is the same as here.

I hope everyone has a good day! Remember to be kind with yourselves.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:21 AM   #5  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

MntRose - I don't want to deflate you regarding chayote squash, but in the spirit of sharing, I was disappointed with my result. I was so excited about the concept of baked apples (chayote) with cinnamon, but for me, it fell well short. I didn't like what happened to my hands when I peeled them either.

After that, I decided to stick with Jicama as I can get that already cut up at Whole Foods and I found it more versatile as I could use it as a starch replacement such as fries or sweeten it as in the case of the baked apples.

My favorite dessert type vegetable is rhubarb - I found it much better than the chayote squash.

Also, my big favorite now is cauliflower "chicken rice" - this is taking 1/2 packet of the chicken soup and using it as a thickening/binding agent for 2 cups of cauliflower - with fresh garlic, lemon, salt and pepper and combining all of that in a food processor - I can't get enough of it. I have even had it last 2 days without the soup mixture - it is not as good but still quite good.

I am next going to try having it as rice pudding using a vanilla packet/vanilla scoop of protein powder.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:25 AM   #6  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Ro22!

Last I remember, you were on a detox with your doctor and working with your clinic to put together a better protocol for your situation? How did that work out?
Old 04-20-2015, 11:28 AM   #7  
Started IP 1/9/2015

S/C/G: 237/140/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi all!!

Had a bit of a rough few days but came out of it with no cheats, just some mental frustrations. On Friday I was feeling very "hollow" for lack of a better word and a bit sullen. When my co-worker asked me what was wrong I said "Sometimes I feel like I am very very slowly starving myself to death!". Well, truth be told, that feeling doesn't happen very often, but it definitely was the case on that day. I looked back at what I have been eating/doing and realized a few of things. 1) I don't always eat a restricted item every day. If I am feeling deprived, maybe eating a restricted is a good way to get that feeling out.
2) Sometimes it's just that I'm not drinking enough water! Lots and lots of water does really help fill me up.
3) There seems to be a correlation between the days that I remember to take ALL of my supplements and the days where I slack off on that. I'm going to be better about always taking my supplements.
4) Getting on this board when I am feeling frustrated helps SO MUCH!!! Thanks everyone for your inspiration.

Feeling so much better today and excited about my journey. I hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 04-20-2015, 11:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Frawniemae - good to hear from you, sounds like you are working your plan as best you can, and enjoying yourself too!

Shark - way to flex that "resistance muscle!"

MntRose - I hope you enjoy the chayote "apples," I made a batch once and while it was a bit labor-intensive I enjoyed it. I started to get more last week, but realized I didn't have time to make them.

Had a great weekend! My nephew got married, and I "revealed" to my family, most of whom have not seen me since before I started IP (and I hadn't told them). Not only was the wedding beautiful, the family time was awesome and so was all the love and support I got.

Dragging a little today, but looking forward to a great IP/OP week.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:02 PM   #9  

Hello Frawnie! Great work on your trip! I am in Denver so we are close in spirit today
And yes way to go Shark!!! What an incredible success of a weekend.

AltKaton yes your body is in a slow deprivation - that's kind of the point - but the IP program is already so low cal you really need to get in everything. I would really recommend that restricted packet every day - sometimes when you get to a plateau some coaches will recommend taking a week of no restricted, but my weight loss was very steady during the first 3/4 of my protocol and the restricted never slowed it down.

Whenever I ate too little, it actually slowed my weight loss down, and definitely made me tired. And the supplements are also super important. The body needs those as it's not getting them from the limited food choices.
By the way even now in maintenance, if I have a day where I don't eat enough, I will actually gain a pound of water or so, because my body starts retaining and thinking I'm starving it.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 04-20-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/174/150

Height: 5'4"

AltKatonIP, I, too, felt 'blue' at the end of last week. Just like you, I took it one day at a time and stayed true to IP. 3FC does help keep me focused and somehow I am always able to pull myself up after perusing the threads!

FrawnieMae, I'm so glad you were able to stick to your diet! Kudos to you for all the prep work you did to keep yourself on track. You are a great inspiration!

IamAShark, All that cooking and food in your house, and not one bite by you! Way to go!

It's another beautiful day in the WashDC area, so I think I'll work in the yard today. The dandelions keep popping up every day!
Old 04-20-2015, 01:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 252.2/213.0/145/size 8

Height: 5'6"

Default Newbie Question

I found this forum as I was researching IP. I love the information and support provided here. So positive! I have not yet started the program but am meeting with a provider tomorrow. Questions: 1- I am completing the info form and notice codes like NPA and NPC next to the question. What do they mean? 2- What should I expect at this meetings? Will I have to come back separately if I do the program? Any other thoughts/advice is appreciated!!!

I'm excited to get started!!!
Old 04-20-2015, 02:09 PM   #12  

Default Extended phase 3???

Hi everyone,
This is my first time posting but I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issue I am.

I just finished week two of phase 3. Had my weigh in, lost 2 pounds. I don't mind the weight loss but now my coach is telling me to do phase 3 for another week! She has not been very helpful and didn't even give me a phase 3 info sheet before I started phase 3. I got everything from the myidealprotein website and other resources linked here. I have been hitting all numbers for breakfast and don't know why I need to extend phase 3 if I am still losing weight. I leave for a cruise on Saturday and know to be careful with what I eat while I'm gone. Just was supposed to have been on maintenance now... Has anyone else ever been told to extend phase 3??
Old 04-20-2015, 02:16 PM   #13  

Rupulliam -
I have not heard of this - did you ask her why she wanted you to do this?

When I started P4 I stayed with the P3 breakfasts (I still pretty much do) and the only real difference between P3 and P4 for me was adding fat to lunch and a small amount of carb to dinner, and I changed from IP snack(s) to whole food snack. I gradually increased my calories about 100 a week or so until I was at about 1600 (more if I exercised), and added more strength training/exercise.
This should be very doable on a cruise.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 04-20-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:21 PM   #14  

Default grateful4health

All she said was "you aren't eating enough, add more protein to breakfast." But she also said not to change lunch or dinner. I'm already eating like 40-50 grams of protein at breakfast as it is. I don't know what to do. My daily calorie totals are usually between 1300-1400 or have been on phase 3.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:32 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpulliam View Post
All she said was "you aren't eating enough, add more protein to breakfast." But she also said not to change lunch or dinner. I'm already eating like 40-50 grams of protein at breakfast as it is. I don't know what to do. My daily calorie totals are usually between 1300-1400 or have been on phase 3.
Hmmm. Can you call or email her and ask for more clarification, and tell her given your circumstances you would like to move to Phase 4 and plan to do that this week?

Hopefully there will be some others here on the thread that may have experience with this and have more insight.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 04-20-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Closed Thread