Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 07:07 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Weekday Chat started 4/13/15

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Here are a couple "older" .pdf files of many of Rainbow's recipes: Rainbowsmiles Recipes
and Rainbows IP Inspired Alternative Recipes

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:10 PM   #2  
Sunshine

S/C/G: S197.8/C174.4/G135

Height: 5'1"

weigh is today. I feel great, have been 100% OP. My TOM was this weekend and feeling a little bloated from that, so I expect not such a good scale read, but next week should show a better loss. Praying to be in the 160's by next week.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hello all. I've been having a hard time the last few weeks. I am losing slowly, and I know that it's all my own doing. I can't seem to stop eating little cheats here and there, even when I tell my mind I'm committing 100%. It all started about 2 weeks ago when we had staff lunch. The end of the month lunch includes a home made dessert chosen by whomever has a birthday that month. It was carrot-cake cheesecake. I tried to say no (and could have if I had been more forceful), but I ended up with a teeny-tiny piece. After that, it's like I cannot get back in the right mindset. I'll do great for a day or two, then eat a few thin mints, or a couple peeps, or a bite of cake, or a bite of cinnamon roll. I rationalize it by thinking that because I don't eat the whole thing, it's not nearly as bad. But, the truth is, it IS as bad. I know I'm not in ketosis because when I try to stop, I have awful cravings for sugar.

We had dinner with friends on Saturday and had burgers. I could have just eaten the burger without the bun, like I planned to do, but the darn bun looked so delicious, I had to have it. It doesn't help that it's TOM, which has always given me cravings.

I really need to get back into the right mindset, but it's been so hard lately. I know only I can do it, but could use a little moral support right now! I went out and bought a journal last night to use for my food diary. I think maybe just starting fresh (at least in my mind) is the best thing I can do right now. If anyone has any tips, or struggles of their own, bring 'em on. Thanks!
Old 04-13-2015, 04:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Morning, IPeeps! Just woke up (I work night shift til 5AM), it's rather quiet here. Hoping your day is going on plan. My mini reboot is going well. 1 week in and only 1.8 lbs to go Be Strong!

Liana
Old 04-13-2015, 05:02 PM   #5  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle14 View Post
Hello all. I've been having a hard time the last few weeks. I am losing slowly, and I know that it's all my own doing. I can't seem to stop eating little cheats here and there, even when I tell my mind I'm committing 100%. It all started about 2 weeks ago when we had staff lunch. The end of the month lunch includes a home made dessert chosen by whomever has a birthday that month. It was carrot-cake cheesecake. I tried to say no (and could have if I had been more forceful), but I ended up with a teeny-tiny piece. After that, it's like I cannot get back in the right mindset. I'll do great for a day or two, then eat a few thin mints, or a couple peeps, or a bite of cake, or a bite of cinnamon roll. I rationalize it by thinking that because I don't eat the whole thing, it's not nearly as bad. But, the truth is, it IS as bad. I know I'm not in ketosis because when I try to stop, I have awful cravings for sugar.

We had dinner with friends on Saturday and had burgers. I could have just eaten the burger without the bun, like I planned to do, but the darn bun looked so delicious, I had to have it. It doesn't help that it's TOM, which has always given me cravings.

I really need to get back into the right mindset, but it's been so hard lately. I know only I can do it, but could use a little moral support right now! I went out and bought a journal last night to use for my food diary. I think maybe just starting fresh (at least in my mind) is the best thing I can do right now. If anyone has any tips, or struggles of their own, bring 'em on. Thanks!
Sign up for MyFitnessPal.com and come join the group of us tracking food over there. Knowing that you have friends tracking your food daily may help keep you focused on cutting those snacks out!

Same user name for me.

Keeping it on paper didn't really work for me .. I'd put it down somewhere and forget to write things on it, then struggle to remember what I'd eaten and how much of it, but once I started seeing it in an online tracker - it fixed a lot of the "oh, one bite won't make a difference" snackings.

You CAN do this.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:10 PM   #6  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

So sorry to hear how you are struggling - I have been having an extra IP item here and there this past week - somehow just feeling hungry - perhaps due to other issues going on in my space besides my weight loss issues!

But I have to remind myself, and while at it, I will remind you -- this IP program works as an expression of body chemistry. Every extra sweet item that comprises a cheat --most of your cheats seem to be sweet stuff just as my extra IP is always a sweet item --- every little nibble is just enough to throw the chemistry off balance and when you do that consistently, you are keeping the chemistry from working to help you lose weight.

See if you cannot just talk yourself into saying 'no' to those little cheats -- you deserve better!! You just have to behave in a way that allows you to achieve the losses and become the shape and size that you deserve to be. The days will go by whether you are saying no to cheats or not.... in a few weeks, I am sure you would rather be down 10 lbs instead of lurking around your current scale numbers.

And Amanda is right - we have quite a gang forming over on myfitnesspal - I have the same screen name there as I have here, too. Free app - great database of the very foods we are eating including all the IP stuff. The food diary is easy, and adding in exercise is equally as simple. Nice dashboard of info, and the daily tally of nutrients becomes very informative. Come join us!!
Old 04-14-2015, 08:42 AM   #7  

If extra food is necessary, I agree that an extra IP (or alt) product is the way to go! It keeps us in ketosis and keeps our calories low.

And according to much research I've read, it doesn't hurt to change-up the calorie input once in a while.

If an extra bar or sweet OP treat will keep us on plan, that would be the best way to go!

This plan is NOT easy. But, neither is being fat!
As my quote (borrowed from maintainer Ishbel) says: Pick your hard.

A friend of mine, talking about food plans one time said that letting off-plan things in "occasionally" is like allowing one termite or cockroach into your home. There will never be just one.

If I knew how to bottle the resolve it took me to stay OP for 10+ months, I sure would! And it would make me one wealthy lady

In the meantime, I suggest picking yourself up, dusting yourself off, and making a plan for the day, both the food plan and the plans for how you're going to stick to it. One of the best tools I've found is the book "The Beck Diet Solution". As a matter of fact, I need to pull that book back out myself.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Legal, I agree with Amanda and One, MFP certainly helps, seeing the reality of the numbers is a wake up.

Also, if you feel yourself craving and close to cheating, log on to 3FC and do some reading and posting, it will help you remember why you are doing this and why you don't need to cheat. It will feel so much better to feel proud for beating the craving then the guilt of caving.

I don't know how many times I've given into a craving and then as soon as I've finished I wish I had a reset button because it was SO NOT WORTH IT!

Last edited by DeterminedDieter; 04-14-2015 at 08:57 AM. Reason: additional thought
Old 04-14-2015, 09:42 AM   #9  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I'm glad I saw this thread this morning... I woke up feeling kind of crappy and I immediately began telling myself that an IP "breakfast" just wasn't going to cut it, but I stuck to it.... And then I decided to have my next packet a bit early... and if it means I wind up having an extra packet today, well that's better for me than going off plan...

And actually I'm sort of glad I'm having a bit of a tough morning, since I started IP thinking it was going to be easy to use it to lose the last 15lbs quickly... Well, it looks like my body has other ideas about that... Lol.... So it looks like I'm going to have to settle in for the "long haul" which is a good thing... since that's sort of what maintaince is all about...

Although I am seriously thinking about asking about the Alternative Plan this week... even it means slower loses... especially, if it means I'll have a better chance at long term compliance... We'll see how I feel...
Old 04-14-2015, 09:56 AM   #10  
Rather be riding!

S/C/G: 81.5/75.1/60 since 18Feb2015

Height: 157 cm

Hi everyone, I received my shipment of alternative protein products yesterday and I was so happy to find that some of my new flavors are really hitting my "sweet tooth" spot! I got a strawberry pudding that tastes just like the strawberry IP wafers that I loved so much.

And did you guys know about xanthan gum?? I just tried it for the first time - added 1/4 tsp to my shake and it became milkshake-thick in a hurry! The only downside is that it does have 1 carb per 1/4 tsp serving so it's important to count that. I'm beyond thrilled to have discovered it - making nice thick shakes at home has been a quest of mine since I was a kid and I think I've finally discovered the missing link!

Happy Tuesday everyone! I am really looking forward to my WI tomorrow... I've had a great week so far
Old 04-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #11  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
I'm glad I saw this thread this morning... I woke up feeling kind of crappy and I immediately began telling myself that an IP "breakfast" just wasn't going to cut it, but I stuck to it....
If I wake up hungry (is that a good thing???) my brain says oh wouldn't it be nice to go out for breakfast and just have some kind of high protein and veg omelet. Then I sigh big, pack up my 16oz coffee and my IP RTD cappuccino and go to work. Now if the rest of the day was only that easy...
Old 04-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Thank you everyone for your responses and advice! I have been an MFP member for awhile, so I added a couple of you (it's a different username, but I noted that in the invite I think I just need to get my mind in order, and I feel much better today. I've planned already, and that's helping a lot.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:36 AM   #13  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Feeling great today! I'm not sore from running, I'm no longer stuffing myself into my bras but fitting into them, and even my fingers are thinner!

I also just passed the six week mark, which is where I faltered the last time I was on IP. Unfortunately, I need to lose another 8 pounds before I'm equal to my old beginning weight, but I'm on my way!

Currently planning an involved menu for a party my roommates are throwing this weekend. Making all kinds of unhealthy stuff for them, but I don't feel like I'm missing out at all.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:40 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Feeling great today! I'm not sore from running, I'm no longer stuffing myself into my bras but fitting into them, and even my fingers are thinner!

I also just passed the six week mark, which is where I faltered the last time I was on IP. Unfortunately, I need to lose another 8 pounds before I'm equal to my old beginning weight, but I'm on my way!

Currently planning an involved menu for a party my roommates are throwing this weekend. Making all kinds of unhealthy stuff for them, but I don't feel like I'm missing out at all.
Awesome news Shark!
Old 04-14-2015, 02:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Thank you everyone for your responses and advice! I have been an MFP member for awhile, so I added a couple of you (it's a different username, but I noted that in the invite I think I just need to get my mind in order, and I feel much better today. I've planned already, and that's helping a lot.
:hugs:

Sorry to hear you've been struggling Legal - great advice from Amanda, Lisa & co. Glad to hear you are back in a good mind-space!

Do you keep IP compliant snacks on-hand? My purse now always has a shake and 2 bars - of course, what I carry as a "purse" is more akin to a backpack It was great though not worrying about going to the movies (and having emergency snacks) - everything is in a nice little zipped up compartment
Closed Thread