UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/???/120

Height: 5'8

Default HELP! Need to get off binge cycle! Looking for weight loss buddies!!

Hi all,

I have been on a binge cycle for over a week now. Since August, I get on plan for 6-7 weeks then go on a binge regaining all that I have lost. I have gained a total of 2 jeans sizes thus far which is really getting me down and depressed.

I am looking for some one on one support (weight loss buddy). Texting or emailing eachother throughout the day just to keep ourselves in check and pull one another away from dark thoughts. I am sure a lot of awesome people are struggling with the same issues so fingers crossed someone responds to this thread.

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread and best of luck to everyone!

xx Jasmin
kjasmin1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:19 PM   #2  
Vegan calorie counter.

S/C/G: 200/178.8/152

Height: 5ft7in

Hi Jasmin!

I can be your buddy here
Lets not binge anymore! x

Ps. I created a challenge under the challenges section, come join!
Sorry can't post links yet. It's the one 5 lbs in 2 weeks starting 15.04.2015

Last edited by Poppadum; 04-14-2015 at 06:23 PM.
Poppadum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:14 AM   #3  

Hey Poppadum! Thank you for your post How are you doing with your weight loss? Tell me a little about yourself I am 3 days into my plan and so far so good. It has not been easy emotionally but im taking it one day at a time.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:32 AM   #4  
Vegan calorie counter.

Well done! 3 days is very good!
What plan are you following?

I have been trying to lose weight exactly 100 days now and have lost 17lbs.
But haven't lost ANY weight for over a month now, even though I started exercising (c25k, gym). I think I am just eating too much. I use my fitnesspal to log. Usually breakfast and lunch are fine but then I "forget" to log all my snacks and dinner.

Trying to be good today. 1500 cal max, go to gym and do day 2 of the 30day shred. Goal is to lose 5lbs before May!

Do you only weigh 120lbs? That's not bad
Old 04-15-2015, 05:48 AM   #5  

I follow SureSlim. It's quit pricy but once you get your programme you can follow it forever. I have been on it for over 3 years now. My goal is 120 but I gained about 25lbs (2 jeans sizes) since August and I keep failing every time I try to restart my journey. It started after I injured myself at work and was stuck home for 6 months! Boredom kicked in and I ended up eating junk and take out all the time! I don't have a set deadline cuz that usually stresses me out and I end up binging but I am hoping to be able to lose the weight by September/October. I don't lose weight fast.

I don't exercise at the moment cuz my body tends to get bigger (noticeably bigger) if I do so, I only walk and do normal daily things. Once the weight drops then I can do some cardio (30 mins 3 days a week).

Well done on getting to 100 days! What plan are you on? Or the general eat healthy and exercise one? Have you always struggled with your weight?
Old 04-15-2015, 05:58 AM   #6  
Vegan calorie counter.

Yeah, I just try to count some calories and do exercises. I am very lazy though. I have always been struggling with my weight. Been dieting for the past I don't know how many years. I did get skinny once, when I first fell in love. Then I weighed about 130lbs! Then put on like 70lbs over 4 years, then lost some, then put it on again. Have hit 200lbs several times, then realise it is way too much and then lose about 20-30lbs and then put it back on. That is more or less my life story

Hopefully this time it will be different!

I have been a student for past 3 years, so have spent a lot of time at home. It is so hard not to snack and eat out of boredom. Soon it will be over though, until then I need to try super super hard
Old 04-15-2015, 12:12 PM   #7  

Good on you! Take it one day at a time and you will get there food addiction is the hardest of them all so we really have to work to fix our relationship with it. I tried therapy but after several months and no progress I quit. It was burning a hole in my wallet! I was very happy at 120lbs and cannot wait to get back there again. I have a whole closet of beautiful clothes that don't fit its so depressing but I will get there if I put my head down and work!! The "start tomorrow" voice is back in my head but I am trying my hardest to ignore it. Luckily I'm stuck at work all day so even if I wanted to binge or eat crap food, I can't!

What do you study? Where in London do you live btw (if you don't mind my asking!) Do you live with your family?
Old 04-16-2015, 06:31 AM   #8  
Vegan calorie counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjasmin1986 View Post
Good on you! Take it one day at a time and you will get there food addiction is the hardest of them all so we really have to work to fix our relationship with it. I tried therapy but after several months and no progress I quit. It was burning a hole in my wallet! I was very happy at 120lbs and cannot wait to get back there again. I have a whole closet of beautiful clothes that don't fit its so depressing but I will get there if I put my head down and work!! The "start tomorrow" voice is back in my head but I am trying my hardest to ignore it. Luckily I'm stuck at work all day so even if I wanted to binge or eat crap food, I can't!

What do you study? Where in London do you live btw (if you don't mind my asking!) Do you live with your family?
I study graphic design and live in brixton with my partner.

Doing it one day at the time is what we need to do. Apparently it takes 66 days to form a habit. Depending on a person between 18 days to 254 days.
I've been to gym for 8 weeks and I can say it is starting to feel like part of something I need to do. Like washing myself.

Years ago I used another forum and found it very helpful like having lots of therapists. And all for free. I had a food diary and lots of people helping to celebrate my successes. But the place seems like it has died out.
Glad I have found this. Definitely helping to keep on track

What do you do? Hope it is all going well!

ps. come join this is you want, it started yesterday:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...ml#post5153461

Last edited by Poppadum; 04-16-2015 at 06:35 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:10 AM   #9  

Brixton? That's close to me I live in Bromley. I live with my bf and our cat. Do you find it difficult living with your parents (weight loss wise)? I suffered when living with mine cuz my mom and brothers loved their sweets and had mountains of fatty sugary food everywhere!!!

I have heard that it takes about 3 months to break a habit but getting through those 3 months is the challenge hehe. It's good that you see exercise as a thing you do rather than a chore, it makes things so much easier.

I manage a learning resource center at a sixth form college. It sometimes get in my way (leads me to binge) cuz it's not something I thought I would be doing. I graduated uni with a chemistry degree and was hoping to become a synthetic chemist but you know how hard it is to get a job these days let alone your dream job! I try to focus on the fact that I am working and am able to pay my bills! But some days I feel super defeated... I either cry or go on a binge for days. I am going to be strong this time and not let anything be an excuse for me to break my journey to success!
Old 04-17-2015, 04:43 AM   #10  
Vegan calorie counter.

Hello almost neighbour
I live with my partner not parents Lived together for too long to call him bf. Haha.
And yes I find it difficult to live with him, because he spoils me and allows me to eat chocolate!

Seems like you have a good job but it makes you very unhappy! Are you still looking for places what would be more suitable to you? Don't give up, it is SO SO important to love your job. At least for me. Keep looking and applying, it will come one day! That is my biggest fear at the moment, not finding a job in advertising/design after I graduate. Spent my 20s doing all kind of jobs, now I need to do something I am actually good at!
I think this is one of my main drives at the moment to lose weight, be more confident for my job interviews and job itself!

Don't think you should focus on the fact that you are working and paying bills - follow your dreams, like you are with losing weight. You can do it!!

Last edited by Poppadum; 04-17-2015 at 04:44 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:51 AM   #11  

OH Sorry!!!! :P I dono how I read parents Xp~ Tell him to stop allowing you to eat chocolate and be more supportive! My bf sometimes pulls the sweets out of my hand! You need all the support you can get

I am applying for jobs not in the chemistry sector but things that I enjoy doing. So far no luck but as you said, the right role will come some day! Have you had any experience working in advertising/design? Employers care more about that than a certificate... I found out the hard way

How old are you if you don't mind my asking. How long have you been with your bf? I call mine my partner too cuz I feel we are more than bf/gf.

Any plans for the weekend? I am having nasty cravings right now they're giving me the shakes and I'm a little irritated and uncomfortable. I am trying to be strong and stick to my plan. This voice of start tomorrow is horrible!!! And it also is telling me that I got fat so what's another binge or 2? The damage is done, start when you feel like it...
Old 04-17-2015, 06:02 AM   #12  
Vegan calorie counter.

Yeah but if he would do that, I would tell him, why, do you think I'm fat?

No I don't have much experience, 3 months internship and some freelance work. I'm 33 so plenty of knowledge and experience in all sorts of other things

We have been together about 9 years I think, lost count
No plans, need to finish uni so hopefully will be getting some work done!

Have a complimentary session with a personal trainer today, that should be fun/scary.

You know what helped me against cravings of crap food? Going vegan. Just watch some food documentaries and you won't have to worry about that anymore.
I started to crave so much different things. Like bananas are the new chocolate to me. So naughty. And soya yoghurt. Mmm..
I have gone low with my calories, eating filling things what keep me full.
I add chia seeds and hemp protein powder to my yoghurt. Ever tried that? Chia seeds expand in your belly and make you super fulll for a long time.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:13 AM   #13  

I have tried every sort of fiber on this planet, my issue is not hunger. I eat way beyond fullness that my stomach feels like it's about to burst! I looked into the vegan thing but it's not for me cuz I eneded up binging on fruits including dates which are high in sugar, I got biiiiig. I just need to push through this, I have done it once and for sure can do it again, I just need to find the willpower. It just seems like I don't care anymore =/

You're so funny, why would you turn on him if he's trying to support you? He will do it cuz losing the weight will make you happy and healthy not cuz you're fat!

Enjoy your session! I am not a fan of gyms, I always get super intimidated by all the skinny bodies there and I have had a few unpleasant perverts ruin it completely for me. I have a home gym so I can workout whenever without a care in the world
Old 04-17-2015, 12:50 PM   #14  

Hi! My boyfriend attempts to be supportive by suggesting i shouldnt be eating things! i then snap at him and he tries to reassure me that he was only trying to be supportive and he knows how much i want to lose weight! i then still have the face on because i think hes calling me fat! i know deep down hes trying to be supportive but it just does not work! i have tried to tell him to be more positive and say well done etc.. when im doing well but he just doesnt seem to get it! :/
jodieemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:58 PM   #15  

I understand Jodieemily. Not everyone understands wut we go through and how much struggles we face every day. If you do not feel like you're getting support from your bf I am more than happy to do so. You can post anything you like here and I and everyone else I'm sure will be there for you. I use to have the same issues with my bf but when I saw that he found me pretty and attractive regardless of my size I realised that he is doing this only to help me and not for his own gain. I am sure your bf is doing his best but the evil voice in your head that sabotages your success (diet wise) is filtering wut he says to make it sound bad and mean, which usually leads to you feeling down and eating crap... exactly wut it wants! Be strong girl and please share