South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 06:09 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday SBD Chat, April 7

Good Morning

Coffee is on and I still have 90 min. to enjoy before I'm off to work. It's my early day and the only day I set an alarm for. I still like to have my "me" time in the morning.

For years, we have just hauled our trash to my moms dumpster(a block away) but this year anticipating a lot of time by myself (DH going to Alaska for 7 weeks) I decided I'd get a lot more yardwork done if I just had to haul to the curb so I've hauled my first 3 barrels down. New pup (Kirby) is quite hairy and the bedroom carpet looks pretty black so I'll vacuum before work, too. I've taken up small sewing projects which I enjoy so 2 new potholders for work on my agenda, too. Smoothie made so I won't have to panic when it comes "time" to go. I get off work early but have to go to Denver. It's my joyful day to get out of the family phone plan which we started up before Kirks DD went off the charts. I finally got her husband to commit to $210. which will pay off their phones. I'm going to drive him to the TMobile store and pay them off and at that point he gets the surprise-he switch his phone to "Prepaid" (so can I) and the family plan is going bye bye. I've spent a lot of money the past few months when no one else was willing to pay.

So...that's my usual boring day. Oh, well.

What's on your agenda? Stop and say hi

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
Old 04-07-2015, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Debbie - we're on prepaid too, we should be getting our new phones in the mail today . We use selectel, which uses Verizon towers. DS is getting his first phone, I'm getting a new one b/c mine is wonky. WoOO HooOO!

Shhhh...don't tell Linda, but I'm going to Cracker Barrel for a work meeting breakfast. Then off to my other clinic, then hopefully nothing the rest of the day.

Shoot, I need to plan dinner.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:42 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Tammy! enjoy your breakfast! Funny, I found out that if I switched to a (Tmobile) regular plan it would be $80/month. Their prepaid is only $50 for the same service since my phone is paid off!
Old 04-07-2015, 06:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, you two! Mind if I join you with my coffee?

I don't know much about the pre-paid phone plans, but it sounds like a wise move on your part to make some changes, Debbie. I hope your SIL isn't in too much shock when he finds out.

Tammy, enjoy your Cracker Barrel breakfast! It's funny, I'm staying with the girls this weekend and one of things they want to do is go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast, LOL! Enjoy your new phones.

I woke up with a headache and feeling grouchy, but coffee is helping. I'm usually a cheerful person, so I don't know what's up.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:19 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Now I want to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast! Too bad I'd need to drive south between Watertown and Syracuse. Not feeling up to that since we got a dump of "ice/snow" last night. that it melts quickly.

I have a "free" day and am hoping to go to bottle my wine order later when the roads are clear. I ordered it in November and paid for it but have not been able to get it. I did go in after Christmas and got one batch - the problem is that I don't put it in glass bottles but keep it in more manageable bags and fill carafes at home. In January there were no bags or boxes since so many people wanted their wine in bags when they drove south.

For once, I came home from Quilting meeting without sewing to do. This should give me time to get started on a blouse I've been wanting to make for a while. I used to make all my clothes until quilting took over my brain. Sure hope I still know how to sew curved pieces of fabric together. I bet a patchwork shirt would be neat. Hmmm - may have to think on that.

Another coffee and then a bit of "brovelling" - broom and shovel snow removal.

Enjoy your day, Beachies.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:51 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Debbie. Hope you can settle the phone situation. It sounds expensive. You sure are keeping busy.
Tammy a meeting at cracker barrel should make the meeting go by faster. I think I've only eaten there once but we sure know where the bathrooms are.
Linda hope your headache is going away.
Ruth. A patchwork skirt. So hippy.

After a very noisy 3 days, you can hear a needle drop here. Had a wonderful easter with the whole family here. This afternoon its a yearly hearing aid test (which I despise) and tomorrow a guild meeting and on Thursday what else but another dental appointment. I guess the only consolation is that with all the expense I don't have to pay taxes for last year.
take care
Sophie
Old 04-07-2015, 08:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hello, chicks! I'm back. We left PA Sunday afternoon, spent the night in Indiana, and got home yesterday.

It was a nice trip. We enjoyed spending time with DH and his girlfriend, who came in (from where she lives 3 hours away in CT) to spend the weekend with us. DH and I had some great genealogy finds on our detour - wills and deeds and more. I'll have to see where I can do that kind of research for other family members.

I ate relatively well for the first few days, then got rather crazed with bread and sweets. My system has been upset and my stomach has been rolling for days. Funny how that works. The good news is that as bloated as I feel I actually gained less than a pound per the scale. (I came so close to not stepping on today!)

I'm running by the dentist later to have him grind down one of the fillings he put in before my trip. Other than that, happy to have nothing on my agenda. But I must do some menu planning (hate, hate) and get to the grocery store.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:15 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am back as well. We got back last evening, dropped off the rental and unloaded everything. Today I decided to wfh instead of taking another day off. Just have laundry to do and a grocery store run.

The good news is despite not being able to stick completely op, I did not gain a lb over the long weekend. So onward we go.

Debbie yeah I can't wait til I can remove DS and DD from our family plan. It will make it so much cheaper for just 3 instead of 5. Did you get a new pup?

Tywnn hope you enjoyed your breakfast meeting

Cottage hoped the coffee did it's magic for you

Ruth enjoy your free day

Sophie hope your hearing test goes well.

Karen glad your trip went well.

Okay back to work I go. Have a wonderful day
Old 04-07-2015, 06:14 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good evening I swear I posted yesterday but I don't see it. Hm, wonder if I dream about posting! Same old around here (not that I"m complaining). We are waiting for the snow to be gone enough to get peas and greens in, dreaming of weekend yard work, and counting down to our mini vacation at the coast (just 14 days, I hope it warms up). Meanwhile, work is still dragging along in spite of my best attempts to arrange a layoff. I'm still hoping. DH has rearranged his schedule a wee bit so he only works one night a week now. I enjoy having him around and I like that extra sleep. I never get to sleep until he is home so those two night weeks exhausted me. He can sleep in but my work alarm goes off at 6:30.

Debbie & Tammy - What do you think of the prepaid phones? I really don't want to keep paying for ours. We are out of contract and I refuse to sign another one but am not sure what to do next.

Cottage - hope the day brightened up post coffee

Ruth - I am intrigued by the wine order. hmm

Sophie - hope you can enjoy an appointmentless day soon!

Karen & Rose - welcome back

Okay, I have a chore list (of course). I like to keep busy when DH is at work. Makes the evening go faster. tonight there will be baking and exercising and some spring cleaning. Oh, and cricket says there should also be belly rubbing.

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-07-2015 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:06 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Karen and Pearl, welcome back! Glad to hear you had good trips.

Cyndi, when I am waiting for someone to come home (DH or DS) I don't sleep well either. I got some spring cleaning started last week on my break.

Ruth, we can show Tammy. The Cracker Barrel is one exit north of the Watertown mall. Breakfast? Actually, pre-SB I was always a fan of Denny's for breakfast.

Today was day 1 of MUCH cleaner eating after some indiscretions this weekend. Hoping for the whoosh in another day or two.
Closed Thread