Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 09:23 AM   #1  

Smile Movin' & Losin' Part 11

Here we are starting again...lets all try to BELIEVE IN OURSELVES. Day by day we must practice this.
I will start today.

And Welcome to our new place~~
Old 08-08-2003, 10:43 AM   #2  
mej

Thanks, thin, for starting us out new again. i was unable to get to the site again yesterday - not sure if it was just for a short time as i got busy and didn't check back. So many last minute things to do before we go to the lake. i still have a couple of things left to do today and then should go to DF's for a while and help him get organized. We take so much food etc. along for a gang of around 30 and DF and DM have always brought the biggest share. DM is going - we have to take along her special mattress and are also going to take her recliner, wheel chair, etc. It will more than likely be the last time for her after going this same week in August for almost 30 years. Hope all goes well.

Hope you all have a great weekend - I will catch up with you on Wednesday or Thursday.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:48 AM   #3  
Mooz

Thin - thanks for starting the beautiful new thread - I love it when we move to a new thread as it is like a new beginning. We just have to look after ourselves as no-one else can do it for us.
I am meeting up with Shad this evening at a restaurant near the town where I live.
I will take some pics and let you see them.

Mej - I had some problems yesterday getting on to the site also.

Dance in the light

You are alive and living, so act like it. Make things happen, learn, love, explore and experience. When a problem comes along, solve it. When an opportunity appears, jump right into it. When conditions change, adapt. When you encounter beauty, enjoy it. When you run into hardship, survive it. Indeed, these things are what life is all about.
Fill every moment of today with positive, purposeful living. When the challenges come, take them in stride and use your considerable resources to move on past them. When the joyful moments arrive, savor them with all your being and the joys you experience will last a lifetime. When you encounter sadness, keep in mind how very much you truly care.

Don't hide in the dark. Dance in the light! Say what you think. Follow the dreams that define who you are. Let the world know you are here. Feel the wind in your face. Let true joy infect your heart.

Today is a day for being fully alive. Why in the world would you want to spend it any other way? Get up, get out and get busy filling this day with a richness of living that is your very own.

-- Ralph Marston

Last edited by mooz49; 08-08-2003 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:21 PM   #4  

WOW ~~MEJ~~ nearly 30 years of family tradition there. That is so neat. Wishing you good luck as you finish packing and getting ready for the event. ' s for your DM and hope that she has a grand time with all of the family gathered round!

This morning i spent re-formatting an old computer(had a bad virus on it). Seems to be alot faster again now that it's virus free. I'd like to try putting Windows XP on it or some newer version if it could handle it...MICHELLE~~ would you or your DH know what size would handle this? What i have here is a 2.97 GB hard drive and has 32 mb of ram. Not sure where to find what speed it operates at...? Any ideas??

Still working towards helping DH (and at the same time me) keep the carb count down. We bought some bacon and turkey sausage and got eggs from a local farm. Also using egg-beaters to keep some cholesterol #'s down. Tho they say an egg is not as bad for one as previously reported. They seem to do that scare to us pretty regular...just picking a new item from time to time...then they revert back and change things.

~~MOOZ~~Glad you like the new dig. It can help all of us to feel like we are beginning anew! Enjoy your day w/Shad. How exciting to meet her. Be sure to post a pic later on.
Thanks for that Marston quote...good stuff!

Well, chicks. Enjoy the day and hope to hear from more of you soon.

thinlizzie
Old 08-08-2003, 12:50 PM   #5  

Hello chicks

Thin...min requirements for XP are:
PC with 300 megahertz or higher processor clock speed recommended
128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended
1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available hard disk space
Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
CD-ROM or DVD drive
Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

If you right click on My Computer and go to properties, it should tell you the speed.
if you need more help email me at [email protected].
Thanks for the new home!! It's great!

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm soo glad its Friday. Its very humid here even though its not real hot. Still uncomfortable.
I did get my walk in this morning with the dogs.
Have a great OP weekend!!

Sherry
Old 08-08-2003, 01:15 PM   #6  

Hello Ladies

Thin - Thanks for our new home. I need to get back on the low carb end of eating. I bought some morningstar sausage the other day. Haven't tried them yet.

Chacha - it's hot & humid here too. In fact we have a "purple" ozone alert today. I think that is the worse there is.

Mooz - Where is Shad from? I guess I don't know her?

Mej - Hope you all have a fun & safe trip.

Mithellez, Cat, Hal, Nita - Hope you all are having a great day!
Old 08-08-2003, 06:00 PM   #7  

Hello! Just moving Nita's post from our old home to the new home Part 11~~~~~~
Quote:
[size3]Good Afternoon Ladies,

Catlover -- I, too, am having a problem getting off those few pounds so that I can weight in at WW. I have decided to try something starting Sunday morning. I am going to weigh myself one more time and then I am going to put the scale out in my husband's tool shed. I am one of those people who think the scale should change each day. I also am making a commitment to go back to counting those points and keeping track. My friend just got her 5th ribbon for losing 50 lbs. and she attributed it to keeping track and weighing and measuring your food. I know it does take more time but in the end it will be worth it. I also talked to the trainer at the Senior Center and he said it was great that I gained a couple of pounds. He said that meant I was building muscle and getting rid of fat. He also said that if I maintained my program that eventually the scale would show a loss and by all means the inches should also become apparent.

Thin -- You are correct--there are mostly white cars in AZ, however, Buick does have a cool blue color but it only comes in their more expensive cars. I have had a few white cars and I find they always look clean and really are easier to keep up.

Hopefully the rest of you are having a really good Friday. The weekend is almost here and those of you that have to work can enjoy your time off.

Take care,
Anita

Old 08-08-2003, 10:01 PM   #8  

Good news...got a little over 3 mile walk in this afternoon! I was very determined and did it! My knee started to hurt on the way back, but i walked slower and it held up ok. sometimes mine just seems to come out of place. My joints are like that, if it's my wrist i've had DH pull on it and it can go back into place.

Now that DH is more determined on his daily foods, i;ve been doing even better on what and how much i eat. I feel like in a week i might even be 1 # lighter...keep those fingers crossed for me. That plus the walking and i might just budge that scale again. OH, and NITA~~do what you said and move the scale out to the garage. Best not to weigh in too often, it can backfire. You are doing great with that exercise and i'm sure soon the scale will show it. Better to be fit and strengthen all those muscles. Did you try the elliptical again? I have never used them but a chick on another thread swears by it. Her name is Gennel, if you want to go and read some of her posts. She is really into the fitness part of this new WOL.

Tomorrow the weather sounds perfect for motorcycling, so off we go again. He gets a day off from his brother LOL. Sunday he may need him again but weather is not as good sounding as tomorrow's forcast--70 to 75 degrees. Perfect for the ride. I will check in when i get back.

thinlizzie
Old 08-09-2003, 08:45 AM   #9  

Red face RE: Saturday morning...

Good Morning Everyone...

Yes, school is back in session, and it is really hard for me to post much less take the time to read and enjoy our thread. I'll do my very best to pop in anytime I can. Do know I am here, lurking and believe this thread is the best support I've experienced ever!

Adkins is working for me, I can feel it in my jeans! That is such an accomplishment you have no idea. I am scale shy also, as you know I am more likely to get on about once a month. It takes me so long to lose, and I randomly put weight back on for no apparent reason. If I am weighing in, I get discouraged and think it is OK to go off plan. But, I am down a good 10 pound in the last 3 months, and that is really good for me. If I had exercised like I should I know that would be double what it is.

Does anyone watch the new show 'Fitness Fantasty' on Discovery Health network? They have a person on each show they follow for 8 weeks. They set a personal fantasy goal (and they have been fun to watch) and see how they progress. If you have not, try to find it and tune it. I find them not only very interesting, and motivatiing, but full of great ideas. These days I'll have to tape them to catch them, it would be worth it.

I picked up a harness and lease for Rocky. Now to determine how to put this thing on him (while he squirms practicing for the greased pig contest...!) We both could use a good walk. He is
doing very well... growing and so cute. He is still in the chewing/teething stage. Counting the days until that passes!!!
He sits on command, and is so excited because he knows I am either going to pick him up, or give him a treat. LOVE him.

Speaking of love, I had some news this week from the last serious guy I dated. It was long distance (Atlanta) and it has actually been a few years since I've seen him. The last time he was in we had one of the best long weekends ever. Anyway, he wrote this week he has found 'his match'. I don't know why, this just floored me. I am happy for him, he is a great person. But... what about me. He lameneted while he would never forget the out times together, I was just not 'it'. Damn, that smarts. I still tear up, and ask myself, why????? We dated on and off for almost 5 years. By his writings I get the impression he wants to keep me as a 'good friend'. Time to move on... I am thinking of all I have to be thankful for, trying not to feel isolated, dumped, and all of those things, and keep the tears from rolling, rolling, rolling. (They come with no notice, imagine...!) Like I said, it really has been over for a long time, but the door closed this week forever.

I apologize for no individual posts. I do my best to do this soon.!
All the best to each of you...

Old 08-09-2003, 09:07 AM   #10  

Mornin' Chicks~~~ Just dropping by before we head out on our motorcycle ride today. HALGAL~~~soooo nice that youhad time to update us on how you are doing. I've been wondering about Rocky too! How does he do when you are away during the day, or do you kennel him? That would save on any chewing up of things if you do that.
I don't get much on TV now that we did not renew the Dish subscription for this summer. That show sounds great tho. Maybe my mom can tape it for me. They get cable,and my sister who lives there gets the Dish channels, so one of them must get it. Thanks for letting us know about it!!
Had one heck of an Atkins breakfast today. i made an extra baked potato yesterday and i cooked that up w/onion and leftover steak today, also made eggs...so that will keep us going for a good long time today. OH, and i found that Natural Ovens Lo-Carb bread...and i can highly recommend it. Very tasty, and only 3 net carbs. Does not taste eggy like the mixes do.

I;m so sorry to hear about your old boyfriend calling you to update you on his new "match". that does smart. Do take care and stay busy and soon you will feel better. Sending 's to help you get there sooner!

OH, one Q...is the discovery 'health' channel different from the discovery channel??

I invited Amy to join us, she posted that she is new and does the Atkins plan. I mentioned how you follow it and also some others on here incorporate it into their daily plans. So she may check in.

Hi to all the rest of the chicks. Must go now~~

Stay and commited everyone! thinlizzie
Old 08-09-2003, 10:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Everyone,

Thin, Thanks for settng up our new home. it is perfect. I agree with Mooz it is like starting over--a new beginning. I didn't try the eliptical yesterday but I intend to do it again on Monday. I am having a right hip problem and it is either the aerobic class or the steep incline of the treadmill program. I guess getting older takes its toll. I am definitely going to stay with my commitment to get rid of the scale tomorrow morning and start journaling. I did take my measurements today and I have lost some inches in my upper thigh and lower legs and also an inch in my arms. So I guess all this exercising is starting to pay off.

Well I need to go because I have some errands to take care of this morning. May everyone have a super weekend and let's all get started on a "new beginning."

Anita
Old 08-10-2003, 07:23 AM   #12  
Mooz

Hi chicks - I just dropped in to say that I had a lovely time with Shad and I have posted some pictures to the webshots site. If you want to see them the addy is http://community.webshots.com/album/84971372QyjiEB?440
Shad is a lovely lady, witty, clever and very down to earth. I had a great time with her. We went out for a meal on Friday evening and then went for a drive to Murlough Bay. Then we met up at 10 am on Saturday morning to walk the Waterfall Trail at Glenariffe Forest Park. It was beautiful and peacefull with the lovely sounds of all the different waterfalls.
By this time Shad will be on her way to Toronto.

Last edited by mooz49; 08-10-2003 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-10-2003, 02:32 PM   #13  
Give peace a chance.

Default good afternoon

Thanks for the new thread--I really need a start over.

Mej--hope you have a wonderful time at the lake. I know these "lasts" can be very sad--I remember what we knew would be DH's DGM's last Xmas with us. But it is great that DM can go and enjoy the place you have been so often.

DH has had to start using the cane he had to use before--and he tires so easily.

I have also been very tired--don't know if it is "sympathy pains" or something else.

Hal--hard to imagine school already started. I think it's not surprising that you would feel bad about hearing from your ex. I've heard women (don't know about men) who hear about some fellow--even one they know was totally unsuitable, which wasn't the problem in this case--and something just clicks inside. Just be good to yourself.

Nita--sorry about your hip. Have you thought about seeing a chiropractor?

Came home from church and slept about to lunch, so I must try to catch up a bit. AND do yoga and walk. Chacha, Thin, Mooz--best to you and to all--
Catlover
Old 08-10-2003, 06:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Ladies,

Well it is still hot here in Phoenix. I can't wait for it to cool down. We need rain really bad. We have had only one rain storm all summer.

Well I did what I said I would do -- the old scale is now located out in the shed. I am going to try really hard to stick to my program and see if I can't get down to my weigh-in weight. I did get my bowling in today and I even bowled a 218 the last game. That really made me feel great. I made a very filling salad for lunch and for dinner we will have leftover pork chops and 1/2 baked potato and some veggies. I need to quit eating those sweets. We celebrated my DH's birthday yesterday and went to one of our famous steak houses. I have to confess I did eat the brownie because it came with the dinner. I didn't eat it there but I ate it later at home. It was like my last treat before getting serious.

Mooz -- Your pictures are wonderful! They reminded me a little of Wyoming. You are so lucky to have such a beautiful place to visit. By the way, you definitely don't look overweight to me, and both of you ladies looked like you were having the best time of your life. We just don't have any greenery here in Phoenix--mostly desert. However, i am going to go back to PA and then to Ohio for my reunion on October 11--it is our 50th! It will be a wonderful time to be back there. Perhaps knowing for sure I am going will give me the incentive to lose those excess pounds!

Catlover -- Well my hip is fine today. I really think it gets sore for one of two reasons -- it is either the treadmill program that has very steep inclines or it is the aerobic class where she has us lift up knees and also kick back our legs. I am going to pay closer attention tomorrow as to what I am doing.

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend! Talk to you all later.

Anita
Old 08-11-2003, 03:20 AM   #15  
Mooz

Good Monday Morning to all you lovely chickies. The weather here is lovely at the moment. Apparently it was over 100 in London yesterday!
I am just posting quickly before I go to work.

Nita - I am with you in trying to stick to some plan of action as we don't want to go back to the old ways.

Catlover - maybe the food you are eating leaves you tired. I know that when I am eating some of the wrong foods that I would feel tired shortly afterwards.

Thin - I hope ytou had a nice motorcycle ride - it sounds so wonderful.

Halgal - sorry that you are feeling a bit weepy at times - she must be something special if he is giving you up for her. Maybe it is just infatuation with him at the moment and she will turn out to be not such a perfect match at all!

Patty - I also need to cut down on the carbs.

Chacha - no excuse for not exercising when you have dogs to care for!

Mej - I hope you had a nice time at the lake - sounds wonderful!

Michelle - hope you get a chance to post soon.

Gotta go now

Follow through

The best of intentions are of little use until you follow through on them. The most carefully crafted plans bring value only when they are put into action. There are lots of things you've been meaning to do. One look at them all will prove that intentions alone are not enough.
You've thought about your intentions, talked about them, dreamed, planned and speculated. Today is your opportunity to follow through. Take action, and the value you've been meaning to create will start to become real. Follow through on your most treasured dreams, and you'll then be in a position to reach even higher.

It feels great to think about all the good things you plan to do. It feels even better, tremendously so, to actually get them done.

Dream and plan, think and talk about all the great things you intend to do. Then follow through, and truly experience the best you can imagine.

-- Ralph Marston
Closed Thread