South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 08:00 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Monday SBD Chat, March 30

Good Morning

I'm just getting ready to head out the door. I have to leave a little early to get the pups to their daycare. Fortunately, they've given me a key so I can just take them in.....one of the small town benefits.

Work today then relax. Coffee and smoothie have been enjoyed this morning.

Take care today, everyone!
Old 03-30-2015, 08:02 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Maybe Marvy Monday - March 30

Good snowy morning but I do get my snowtires off tomorrow morning.

Feeing a wee bit uncomfortable about Facebook these days as we had an incident here in Delta when someone posted where they would be for vacation and came home to a house minus all electronics and jewellery! They live on an isolated island and there were tire tracks across the ice. Yes, our lakes are still frozen.

Yesterday's plan to get the Fair schoolwork stuff done did not pan out as it was all in Open Office which I don't have on my machine. I think I sent it to someone for proofing last year and they sent it back in that format. Damn technology anyhow! I really must update my PC - still operating on Windows XP.

Debating whether or not to join the Monday morning coffee group today. The village grocery store just changed hands after being for sale for five years. An oriental couple has bought it - a shocker in this WASP and redneck community. The comments have started already and I'm sure this will be a topic of discussion this morning. Part of me wants to avoid the irritation and another part tells me to go and have my say as diplomatically as possible. I really have a problem with narrow-minded people. (One villager complained to me that some of the Mill signs were in French and I had to remind the idiot that we are a bilingual country!)

We got a just a skiff of snow overnight but the weather dude says we are over the worst of it. So far the dogyard is still snow-covered bit I see it darkening on the side where the flood usually begins. There are lots of pine branches out there which I must pick up before the furries get pine gum on their coats. Jazz goes for a furcut on Thursday but still...

No seeds started here but I think I may boot up this morning and cut some forsythia branches for forcing. I need a splash of yellow in my kitchen!

Happy Monday, Beach Babes.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:08 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Have a great day, Debbie. i hope the "pups" love daycare as much as my two love 4PawsInn and that your day is not too stressful.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:11 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I've been up for hours, of course, but slow getting in here. Now I need to get ready for work. Hopefully an easyish week ahead, just four days of work for me.

Anyone have a good lentil loaf recipe? I have odd cravings but have been wanting to make one for awhile and can't find a recipe I love. I might have to invent one.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Hadn't realized it had been a few days since I popped by. I've been working and am now in pre-road-trip crunch. DH and I are stopping for some genealogy research on our way east to visit our son and I've needed to do some research to get ready. Lots of pre-trip niggles today and tomorrow; we'll leave early Wednesday.

Tammy - So sorry for your loss.

Debbie - Amazing small town perk!

Ruth - That Facebook thing always worries us; we don't post until we get home from a trip but I see so many people posting locations and photos while traveling.

Cyndi - I've "clipped" some recipes but never tried making any so please share if you find or create a good one.

Off to they gym soon. Have a good day.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:56 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

In office day full of meetings. Didn't sleep well my neck was bothering me all weekend and last night not comfortable.

Got another area cleaned up in the house so making progress.

Hope everyone is well no time for personals this morning.

Have a great day!
Old 03-30-2015, 09:14 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

First day of spring break and we're having blustery snow. I keep telling myself not to complain, March often ends like this; last year we had about 10" of snow on the 29th. Anyway, I'm enjoying not going to work this morning and sipping on my coffee.

I have a list of niggles for the week and will also read a book or two, I'm sure.

Ruth, I agree about that facebook thing. I don't understand people who post their trip blow by blow; I thought it was understood to wait.

Debbie and Pearl, may your workday go smoothly.

Karen, planning for a trip is always so time-consuming! Hope your trip is enjoyable.

Cyndi, good luck finding your recipe.

Time for a refill, anyone need one?
Old 03-30-2015, 10:36 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks!

Today, as I like to call it, is the last day before intense exercise I ordered a FitBit when I started SBD again for the 1000th time way back in January and it was back-ordered (of course, I wanted the purple one!). Well, it's set to be delivered today so back to it I go, as much as I can.

Living above a Whole Foods has proven very bad for our paychecks. So perhaps I go food shopping tonight??? It's the little things.

Have a good one y'all!
Old 03-30-2015, 12:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good afternoon! I'm back at home after a wonderful weekend with my youngest granddaughter.

Cyndi, here's a recipe for a lentil loaf that I've been planning to make -

http://ohsheglows.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6001896

If you make this, let me know how it is, so I'll know whether to try it or not.

It was snowing at Monica's when we got up this morning, but by the time she dropped me off at the train station on her way to work the sun was trying to make it's appearance. It's still pretty darned cold and windy, though. Jake is outside laying mulch, and I was out there for a while but had to come back in. He wants to get the mulch down early before everything starts coming up, so he's working away.
I have the laundry going and plan to make him a nice supper since I've been away all weekend. I was supposed to be off all week, but Cindy isn't feeling well so she canceled their vacation plans, so I have to work tomorrow, Wed., and Thursday. The girls will be home so it will be a fun week, though. I hate it when they're in school all day.
Closed Thread