Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-25-2015, 07:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 82/70.5/70kg

Height: 165cm

Default I cant put my pants on - Goals

Hey Everyone,

Ok good news I went from 82kg to 70.5kg.

The bad news is that all my clothes are too big on me, shoes worn out for walking a lot in them over the past year (due to getting 10,000 steps a day).

It took time BUT after doing everything right its begun to pay off. Now I have an unusual dilemma. I promised myself that I would buy new clothes WHEN i hit 70KG and right now I am fluctuating just shy of 1/2 a kilo.

My mother and fiancée are saying I look ridiculous and must buy new clothes but part of me is torn because its not my goal

It would have been fine if my body didn't hold onto and stay around the 72KG for 2 months as shown here >_<

https://trendweight.com/u/1568d3a0dca940/

anyway would you stick it out or just cave in?
dimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:37 PM   #2  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Why not just grab a couple of things that fit better? Or go to a thrift store like Goodwill and get some cheap things to hold you til you reach goal?
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 82/70.5/70kg

Height: 165cm

Thats fair enough. However I am being forcibly taken suit shopping tonight as I manage around 20 staff and my boss is like "I get you have goals but you look stupid". So for my jobs sake I shall BUT only minimal stuff TILL I hit my magic number

Hopefully by the time they tailor it I will be at 70kg or less
dimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

I second the thrift shop suggestion. In Canada we have Value Village, and I have become a huge fan. I can find corporate-meeting-worthy pants and blazers there, which either still have the tags on them or look like they've never been worn. I don't think I'm ever going to spend big bucks on clothes again, except for the very occasional piece that tugs at my heartstrings.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Half a kilo? I would not worry about that. For some scales that's just about their reliability range. If you drink a lot of water, you can weight half a kilo more. If you use toliet right before you weight yourself, you will weight half a kilo less. Call it a goal, get something nice and good looking, enjoy your new body and carry on with what you have been doing. You may even drop few more kilos without trying in next few motnhs, if you stick to your healthy excercise and eating regine
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:31 PM   #6  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

My goodness, get some clothes! Great job on your loss so far, that's awesome! But really half a kilo is not going to change your size by much. I understand not wanting to have your blow-out wardrobe shop quite yet, but please get some clothes that fit you. It will probably make you feel so awesome that you won't care about that half kilo left to lose

And DEFINITELY get some new shoes! Those will fit no matter what.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:18 PM   #7  
Semper Paratus

S/C/G: 181/~ticker~/130

Height: 65.5''

Thumbs up

Freelancemomma we have those here too, called Savers though, and I absolutely love them! I can be a 'name brand' girl without paying the price! I've found some great steals here, especially on jeans, I can get good quality american eagle jeans for under $10 a pair, def worth it. I love thrift shopping, and I hate the mall so its a double positive.

I would say, go thrifting, see if you can find some nice pants and shirts without breaking the bank on all new clothes.
Congrats on your loss though!
lilmonstervictoria is offline   Reply With Quote