Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 12:12 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 5''

Default Some Questions about 30 Day Shred from Jillian Michaels

Hi!
I wasn't sure where to post this so, here it goes...

I recently bought the 30 Day Shred workout DVD. I have been doing some reading and supposedly you have to do each level for 10 days.
I have been going to the gym 3 times a week (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays) for 2 hours. I use the treadmill for 30 min (I walk, can't run or jog too much yet), do about 1 hour of weight lifting and then finish off with 20 mins on the stationary bicycle.

Now, my questions :P...

1. Do you guys think I should do the 30 Day shred everyday? Even after my gym workout? Or do it on the days I don't go to the gym?

2. Has anyone done the 30 Day Shred 3-4 days a week? What kind of results did you get?

3. In general how many of you actually lost weight (combining it with good eating)?

4. There isn't an specific meal plan for it, is there?

Sorry for all the questions! Been slacking off and now I have a new goal set :P for late May. So let's see if I can lose 25 lbs ish by then.

Thank you
Old 03-11-2015, 12:25 PM   #2  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

1. While the 30DS was advertised as being something you do every day for 30 days, Jillian Michaels herself has said that's not healthy. You NEED to incorporate rest days. It sounds like you may need to lessen your current gym routine a bit if you're going to incorporate 30DS. I wouldn't do 1 hour of strength training on the same day that you're doing 30DS. Additional cardio, though, would be fine. Give the first workout a try before going to the gym and see how you feel before doing any additional workouts that day though.

2. I've never stuck to it long enough because I don't have a lot of time to do workouts at home, but I do think it's a fun and challenging workout to do when I can. So I can't really answer that but I think 3-4 days a week would definitely impact your body!

3. N/A

4. Not that I know of!
Old 03-11-2015, 01:45 PM   #3  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hi, I tried the 30DS for literally ONE day, but when I had started I had planned on doing the whole 30 days and doing it 30 days in a row like they state, as in the level 1 for 10 days and so on. My legs were so sore after just starting day 1 that I took a 'break' and never went back to it. :\ that's my downfall. So I do not have any real advice for you except that you're doing a LOT at the gym which is awesome, but this might be a bit much to add on to your gym routine already, so maybe try doing it on your off days or lessen your gym routine when doing 30DS, that's just my advice but wish you the best of luck!
Old 03-11-2015, 11:19 PM   #4  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Hi, I've done 30 day shred but I can't remember how much weight I lost--but it wasn't significantly different than when I was working out other ways. Some days, I combined it with gym or other activity. I didn't do it everyday. For one month, I was able to do it consistently like 5 times a week, but I didn't lose anymore than when I just put in an extra half hour at the gym. I do like it, though--especially when I first started out because it gave me consistency and something different to do. I don't think it had a meal plan, but I calorie counted. It definitely burned calories...btw great job on the your current workout activities! I think this should be in addition to whatever you're doing, and make sure to not overdo it cause that's the easiest way to burn out

Last edited by kisskiss; 03-11-2015 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:10 AM   #5  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari26 View Post
Hi!
I wasn't sure where to post this so, here it goes...

I recently bought the 30 Day Shred workout DVD. I have been doing some reading and supposedly you have to do each level for 10 days.
I have been going to the gym 3 times a week (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays) for 2 hours. I use the treadmill for 30 min (I walk, can't run or jog too much yet), do about 1 hour of weight lifting and then finish off with 20 mins on the stationary bicycle.

Now, my questions :P...

1. Do you guys think I should do the 30 Day shred everyday? Even after my gym workout? Or do it on the days I don't go to the gym?
Personally I don't think you really need to do the 30 Day Shred based on your gym routine. You're already doing quite a lot as it is! Maybe you can do the gym 2 days a week and 30DS another 2 days a week? Doing it after the gym would be too much after the routine you've described.

2. Has anyone done the 30 Day Shred 3-4 days a week? What kind of results did you get?
Yes, I did it on and off for a while and I lost 10 lbs in 3 months. I wasn't following the diet plan and I was doing it on and off. Even though the weight loss wasn't great I felt my muscles become stronger, I remember tensing my arms and actually feeling muscle there! It was what I needed as a beginner to weight loss really, it made me want to do more cardio stuff.

3. In general how many of you actually lost weight (combining it with good eating)?
I did lose weight with it, but as I mentioned, I'm never one to diet or follow a diet plan. I probably would have lost double the amount if I dieted but I knew that there was no chance I was going to follow that meal plan!

4. There isn't an specific meal plan for it, is there?
I think there is...I mean, I was naughty and downloaded it, but I think she released some sort of booklet that went with it. I have her "Making the Cut" and another book she brought out. Her diet plans suck, not because they don't work, they just look really dull and boring and use very specific ingredients that someone like me living in the UK won't find. I'd much rather be happy eating as I please!

Sorry for all the questions! Been slacking off and now I have a new goal set :P for late May. So let's see if I can lose 25 lbs ish by then.

Thank you
Responded above ^. I always recommend 30DS to someone who is just starting out and doesn't know where to begin with exercise. Then I would say for them to graduate to Shaun T's insanity when they have lost enough weight so hardcore exercise won't be an issue for their joints etc. I lost the weight I have so far by starting on 30DS, moving into running, then doing Insanity (lost 21 lbs with that), then running again and now I'm just recovering from what is like a 2 year stall!!
Old 03-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5''

Thank you all! ^_^

I just bought some 5lbs dumbbells (same weight I have been using at the gym). And I think I will be starting it next week, but not on an everyday basis. I might do Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Sunday = Lazy day

Last edited by Mari26; 03-20-2015 at 12:49 PM.
Closed Thread