Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Default March Featherweight Chat

Hello lovely feathers!

"Joy is the simplest form of gratitude" (Karl Barth)

Let's make it a fantastic month!!!!

~~~
I'm in a friend's wedding on 3/29 and the temptation is to go on some crazy crash diet to get skinny, but I've learned from my past history, a surefire way for me to GAIN weigh is to try to LOSE weight. My resolution is No crazy crash diets!!! Sticking to the 5 point plan (no eating after 8PM, water, yoga, focus on fruit and veg, and cardio for my mind) Goal is to be a comfortable 145 for the wedding (weighed in at 149.8 this morning).

My affirmation - I am so grateful to weigh a comfortable 145 ON Sunday, March 29. I'm so glad to be able to celebrate with L and her soon-to-be husband.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weight-loss-motivation-19.jpg (23.6 KB, 1 views)
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:44 AM   #2  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexistrophic View Post
Hello lovely feathers!

"Joy is the simplest form of gratitude" (Karl Barth)

Let's make it a fantastic month!!!!

~~~
I'm in a friend's wedding on 3/29 and the temptation is to go on some crazy crash diet to get skinny, but I've learned from my past history, a surefire way for me to GAIN weigh is to try to LOSE weight. My resolution is No crazy crash diets!!! Sticking to the 5 point plan (no eating after 8PM, water, yoga, focus on fruit and veg, and cardio for my mind) Goal is to be a comfortable 145 for the wedding (weighed in at 149.8 this morning).

My affirmation - I am so grateful to weigh a comfortable 145 ON Sunday, March 29. I'm so glad to be able to celebrate with L and her soon-to-be husband.
Thanks for setting up the chat thread, Alexis! Love your plan and affirmation. Congrats on the 140s!

I'm planning a big party for later this year. It involves renting a condo and people flying in from around the country, and so I'm nervous, especially since I've never rented a condo before. So my affirmation is:

I do not control the universe. I will relax into God's loving care, and trust that all will turn out the best way possible. I trust myself and I trust God. Not necessarily in that order.

Last edited by HungerWerks; 03-02-2015 at 09:45 AM.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:32 AM   #3  

HW ~ TOO COOL!!! What's the party for??? How exciting (And such a fantastic affirmation, too)
Old 03-02-2015, 12:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/155/140

Height: 65 inches

Hunger, that almost sounds like what my family is planning. In June, they've rented out an space in PA for a big reunion. When I say big, I mean BIG! My dad has 8 brothers, 4 sisters, plus spouses and children, and it comes to around 90 people, more if the grandchildren bring their significant others.

Fortunately, I'm not part of the planning committee.

However, I do have midterms and several major projects due for my classes this month. I'm training to be an Infant/Toddler Teacher and have about five observations planned in the coming weeks.

Alexis, I might borrow your plan. It's very similar to what I'm trying to do, although I've lost the yoga time recently. But I've been running and I can feel the difference in my core.
crunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:24 AM   #5  

crunchy mama ~ The reunion sounds like so much fun!!!!! Big, but fun. And man, that's a lot of panel observations. Sometimes I forget how important yoga can be. It doesn't seem like it takes a lot of effort, but the mental benefits can be huge. I miss running, too! Haven't done it in awhile and it may be time to get back in there.

Werks ~ I love your quote from the weigh in thread "Setting a goal is half the battle" because it really is...

~~~
In the city today for work. It can be a hassle getting in, but once I'm in, I really love it. The work is "formidable" but exciting.

Finally made it back to the gym yesterday, although I did exactly nothing (really just met my friend there) peddled on a stationary bike for a few minutes, but that was it. The last two times I went there in January and February, I got sick immediately afterwards... Not sure if it was just in my head or what, but I planned on staying away for cold/flu season at least.

Spoke to my little sister last night and she got the first official invite to my guy cousin's wedding in Michigan this August!!! Excited to see my sis and the rest of the family out there. She lives in Nashville and we normally only see her at Christmas.

About to dive into another project (self imposed deadline this Friday) so no idea what will happen time-wise. My partner seemed to like the last project, which is encouraging.

Hoping to reward myself with a House of Cards marathon after I turn it in...

Have a fantastic day, feather friends!
Old 03-03-2015, 11:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/155/140

Height: 65 inches

I have to catch up on House of Cards. My husband and I are about halfway through Season 2, but his work schedule doesn't really allow for much TV marathons.

Alexis, I get what you mean about the sickness and the gym. It's a benefit to owning a treadmill. If I get sick, I know it came from my husband-- or my niece who goes to preschool.
crunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:33 AM   #7  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Alexis - Thanks for the kind words. The party is for our precious grandbaby's first birthday. He was born a couple of months early, but is perfectly fine now, and great cause for celebration!

Congrats on making it back to the gym! And totally understandable about avoiding something that made you sick. We're definitely wired to do that.

Nice news about your sister. Re the "House of Cards" marathon: I thought you meant you were going to run one! That would be quite the production if there was an actual marathon by that name, lol.

CrunchyMama - Infant/Toddler teacher - so fun! I went down that same road, and was always delighted because kids are forever doing/saying something fresh and funny. Good luck on your observations, midterms and projects!

Sounds like your family reunion is going to be epic! Seems I have it easier than I thought, comparatively speaking.

Glad to hear you like the plan. It's sweet and simple, which is how I like my plans, in general.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:21 PM   #8  
life is not a rehearsal

S/C/G: 62/60.5/50

Height: 5"4

I'm practicising minimalism this year ready for the new house so been busy donating, selling, clearing everything that isn't going to be moved into the new place. I'm not buying any clothes for the whole year - that has been tough but eyeopening for me! I'm going for a scandinavian meets new york apartment style of modern open space and indoor plants. I've nicknamed the build '50 shades of grey' as that's the colour pallette haha

New favourite Shellac Colour - I get shellac done every 3 weeks, it's my little luxury. HOT POP PINK. This is fab ladies.http://www.gel-nails.com/images/detailed/6/hotpop.png

Last few sessions:
Now: hot pop pink http://www.gel-nails.com/images/detailed/6/hotpop.png
early feb: midnight swim http://www.gel-nails.com/images/deta...Swim-Color.jpg
mid jan: crimson sash http://www.beautycolor.co.uk/373-lar...ction-73ml.jpg
early jan: nude knickers http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server23...0.1280.JPG?c=2

I feel we need some kind of beauty or clothes thread within feathers...
Oneten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #9  

Oooooh, Oneten - Love those colors! I wanted to try gel awhile back, but it kinda made me feel... claustrophobic? Not being able to take it off myself.

Agree on the beauty/clothes thread! I feel like when I start to take better care of myself weight-wise, I take more notice of my clothes, etc.

Werks ~ That IS cause for celebration!!! So exciting!!!

crunchymama
I'm hoping to marathon the last few episodes w my friend on Friday!!! Hurray!!! I have a treadmill, too, but strange to say, I like the social aspect of the gym. It's good to get out of the house for things that aren't work related.

~~~

Just made two trays of lasagna for the recently bereaved family in my church (one to keep to make sure it was OK, and one to give assuming that the other one is OK). I have never made lasagna before and was like "ooooh, look what I just done!"

I may have gotten carried away and eaten more than is good for me... Oh, well...

Last edited by Alexistrophic; 03-03-2015 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:31 AM   #10  

ARRRGH!!!! I'm fasting from Facebook for Lent and it's reeeeally hard!!!! So instead I come in here.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:06 AM   #11  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneten View Post
I'm practicising minimalism this year ready for the new house so been busy donating, selling, clearing everything that isn't going to be moved into the new place. I'm not buying any clothes for the whole year - that has been tough but eyeopening for me! I'm going for a scandinavian meets new york apartment style of modern open space and indoor plants. I've nicknamed the build '50 shades of grey' as that's the colour pallette haha

New favourite Shellac Colour - I get shellac done every 3 weeks, it's my little luxury. HOT POP PINK. This is fab ladies.http://www.gel-nails.com/images/detailed/6/hotpop.png

Last few sessions:
Now: hot pop pink http://www.gel-nails.com/images/detailed/6/hotpop.png
early feb: midnight swim http://www.gel-nails.com/images/deta...Swim-Color.jpg
mid jan: crimson sash http://www.beautycolor.co.uk/373-lar...ction-73ml.jpg
early jan: nude knickers http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server23...0.1280.JPG?c=2

I feel we need some kind of beauty or clothes thread within feathers...
Obviously you do not have a problem with "Out with the old, in with the new!" I watch that "Hoarders" show, and they would have a hissy fit rather than part with the slightest thing, at least until they get better.

Your design choices sound just like something I would choose. I'm also a minimalist to some extent, and get rid of what I can, for one thing because a clearer space is easier to clean! I do have some relatives, though, that I've heard get rid of EVERYTHING, to the nth degree, and I'm definitely not into that. The sentimental side can outweigh the "clear the space!" side.

Those colors are scrumptious!
Old 03-04-2015, 10:17 AM   #12  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Smile

Quote:
respectfully snipped
~~~

Just made two trays of lasagna for the recently bereaved family in my church (one to keep to make sure it was OK, and one to give assuming that the other one is OK). I have never made lasagna before and was like "ooooh, look what I just done!"

I may have gotten carried away and eaten more than is good for me... Oh, well...
Your first time making lasagne! What all did you put in it? There are so many possible variations... And that's really nice of you to do that, btw. What a blessing!

Last edited by HungerWerks; 03-04-2015 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:49 PM   #13  
life is not a rehearsal

Quote:
ARRRGH!!!! I'm fasting from Facebook for Lent and it's reeeeally hard!!!! So instead I come in here.
Lol that is so cute
Old 03-04-2015, 08:52 PM   #14  
life is not a rehearsal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
Obviously you do not have a problem with "Out with the old, in with the new!" I watch that "Hoarders" show, and they would have a hissy fit rather than part with the slightest thing, at least until they get better.

Your design choices sound just like something I would choose. I'm also a minimalist to some extent, and get rid of what I can, for one thing because a clearer space is easier to clean! I do have some relatives, though, that I've heard get rid of EVERYTHING, to the nth degree, and I'm definitely not into that. The sentimental side can outweigh the "clear the space!" side.

Those colors are scrumptious!
OMG I love those hoarder shows. I saw a British episode once where a guy (and the poor psychologist they hired - he was wearing a suit lol) had to literally wiggle through on their bellies through the gap between the junk and the TOP OF THE DOOR FRAME.

Last edited by Oneten; 03-04-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:53 PM   #15  
life is not a rehearsal

Here's a pic of the guy - keep in mind, this is the TOP of the door frame.